PDA

View Full Version : Interactables

Yavool
09-24-2009, 12:20 PM
up until mod 9, the "select next interactable" key also selected other players, now it does not.

i am curious why the change, and what keymap is set up to allow us to now do that. it would make sense that if a keymap was changed entirely, that there would be an alternative key created for that exact omission.

as a cleric, it was one of my main forms of scrolling through the party was by tab targeting in that method; it allowed for fast scanning of my party/raid group for those low on hp's. now my only options are to use the cursor and point to them or to use to cursor to point to the party names, both of which are less efficient imho. yes, i had to scroll through breakables, levers, etc, but truthfully the speed in which i could push my "b" key is *much* faster than trying to pinpoint moving targets with the mouselook or cursor.

i would like to request that:

1) players are reconsidered as "interactables' when it comes to the "select next interactable" key functions and/or

2) there be a keymap added to the ui that states "select next player"

if by mistake i have missed #2 in the current keymap, i would be very grateful if someone could point it out for me, otherwise turbine can you please consider this as a quick fix in the near future? my party/raid members will appreciate it as much as i! :D

-yav

Impaqt
09-24-2009, 12:23 PM
up until mod 9, the "select next interactable" key also selected other players, now it does not.

i am curious why the change, and what keymap is set up to allow us to now do that. it would make sense that if a keymap was changed entirely, that there would be an alternative key created for that exact omission.

as a cleric, it was one of my main forms of scrolling through the party was by tab targeting in that method; it allowed for fast scanning of my party/raid group for those low on hp's. now my only options are to use the cursor and point to them or to use to cursor to point to the party names, both of which are less efficient imho. yes, i had to scroll through breakables, levers, etc, but truthfully the speed in which i could push my "b" key is *much* faster than trying to pinpoint moving targets with the mouselook or cursor.

i would like to request that:

1) players are reconsidered as "interactables' when it comes to the "select next interactable" key functions and/or

2) there be a keymap added to the ui that states "select next player"

if by mistake i have missed #2 in the current keymap, i would be very grateful if someone could point it out for me, otherwise turbine can you please consider this as a quick fix in the near future? my party/raid members will appreciate it as much as i! :D

-yav

ACtually you can use the F Keys as well. I've always fund Clicking on the Name n the Party , or using the F keys to be way more efficient than cycleing though with my tab key.

ot opposed to the option, as I'm glad party members were taken out of the tabbing. It was totally a PITA to tab a Party meber rather than the Chest or collectable I was trying to pick up.

Yavool
09-24-2009, 12:30 PM
i have my whole keymap reconfigured... for the f key, what is the description of the default setting? (e.g. "select next interactable", "select self", etc)

-yav

Impaqt
09-24-2009, 12:39 PM
i have my whole keymap reconfigured... for the f key, what is the description of the default setting? (e.g. "select next interactable", "select self", etc)

-yav

"Select Yourself" and "Select Fellow 1-5"

I could of sworn they went to a Full raid party, but now that I think about it, I generally use CLick the name for Raid groups.....

Yavool
09-24-2009, 12:46 PM
ah, yes that does work for the first 6 people, sadly there isn't a fx for all 12 in a raid. even with that, the tab targeting works much faster for me.

-yav

Madelyn21
09-27-2009, 01:11 PM
I miss the ability to tab through the chars in a party as well. I work with the mouse clicking on group members and also with the F keys, but then I find myself trying to memorize who is an F key during a raid, so I can move more quickly.

I was thinking the other day that it would be nice to be able to right click on the party and then assign F keys to the individuals in the group. Not sure if this would even be possible to do, but it came to mind. If I'm lucky enough then those that I run with the most fall into the same F key location, but it's still rare. For some reason Shagg always turns up as F3 or F4 for me :)

Yavool
10-02-2009, 01:25 PM
devs, please reply if you can...

do you know if the old keymap sets would work to reverse this? is there a fix that will or can happen? a checkmark that will allow us to "include characters/summoned monsters" in the inteactable tab-targeting? or perhaps it's own keymay?

thank you so much in advance for your reply...

-yav

Nyvn
10-02-2009, 01:34 PM
ah, yes that does work for the first 6 people, sadly there isn't a fx for all 12 in a raid. even with that, the tab targeting works much faster for me.

-yav

That's simply not true, F7-F12 select those players.

Yavool
10-06-2009, 10:45 PM
That's simply not true, F7-F12 select those players.

thank you for the insight on that; i work off a laptop and had switched (since i play mainly caster types) my fkeys to quickkeys for casting spells; i looked in the keymapping and didn't see a keymap setting for "fellows 7-12" only self-fellow 6.

-yav