PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Gripes Category

JOTMON
09-24-2009, 10:43 AM
I would like to see a top 10 gripes category for suggestions that the devs can actually respond to to give us a status updates.

These top 10 items provided by the community based on repeats/votes in the suggestions category.

Something that Fernando and Kate Paiz can look at an say.. ooh maybe we should put some people on that and get it fixed right away, i thought it was a minor issue but its on the top 10 list so the community at large thinks it is something we should address. Hey Tolero yeah you, stop playing that mod 10 advanced expansion... yeah yeah sorry 'testing'... come here and fix these then you can go back to ' testing'...

Kistilan
09-24-2009, 06:43 PM
I agree.

I kind of motioned for a similar idea with the Turbine Development Meter suggestion in this forum earlier this week and included the OPTIONAL: Specific Gripe & parser search for hot topics that get repeated.

But yeah, the same thing basically & I'd love for this to happen.

Velexia
09-24-2009, 09:27 PM
/signed

mediocresurgeon
09-24-2009, 09:30 PM
Okay, here's my number 1 gripe:

1) New players complain that the game is too hard, cannot be soloed, being forced into groups sucks (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=201867&page=8), etc. I hate listening to these people and want them removed. That is right--my number 1 gripe is that other people are griping about $#1t I do not want the Devs to spend their time on.

Here's my #2 gripe:

2) The Devs go back and screw up the best quests in the game. This wastes their time, when they could be doing bigger/better things, like adding new content.
Old example: Stormcleave Pious Grewel fight (he used to walk to the top of the hill to summon undead).
More recent example: Tempest Spine (now you have to clear the entrance area of all Fire Elementals before you can get quest completion. I hope you don't miss one!)

halls
09-24-2009, 10:42 PM

1) New players complain that the game is too hard, cannot be soloed, being forced into groups sucks (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=201867&page=8), etc. I hate listening to these people and want them removed. That is right--my number 1 gripe is that other people are griping about $#1t I do not want the Devs to spend their time on.

Here's my #2 gripe:

2) The Devs go back and screw up the best quests in the game. This wastes their time, when they could be doing bigger/better things, like adding new content.
Old example: Stormcleave Pious Grewel fight (he used to walk to the top of the hill to summon undead).
More recent example: Tempest Spine (now you have to clear the entrance area of all Fire Elementals before you can get quest completion. I hope you don't miss one!)

+1 to you

mediocresurgeon
09-24-2009, 10:43 PM
+1 to you

Thanks!

Missing_Minds
09-24-2009, 10:54 PM
Mouse over anything, and then you can't flipping attack anymore. This is extremely evident with clicking on the hot bar, a party member from the list, or taking loot out of a chest. They screwed this in mod 3. Two years later, still ****ed.

Leadership boards for PvP. While I dislike PvP a fair bit, we were promised this back in Mod 3 as well. Still flipping waiting.

Red name Immunities to trip, strunning blow, etc. If you want to make them immune, fine, give a freaking buff that is viewable on examination, but something you should be able to do. Like trip the Wizard King. Bloat their balance check if you must, but to make them immune is a very bad cop out.

Mobs can do it, why can't we? Aka, AoE trip attacks like hobs have. Improved trip attacks every 2 seconds like dogs have. And don't even get me started on Air elemental BS. (They are even more borked now as any attack they do bypasses ANY form of DR.)

Letrii
09-25-2009, 05:03 AM
Dungeon Alerts and LAG

vainangel
09-25-2009, 05:33 AM
a method for F2P to know if they can access the quest or not when looking at the Group Page. Like in Korthos with the winter/summer thing.

Not all FvS heal. Not all Rangers are Tempest, not all Monks do monk things....

Prestige Class Icon options for our character and Generic descriptive Icons for non-Prestige.

IE - Ranger: Generic - S&B - Ranged - Tempest - Deepwood - Arcane
A icon for each would be great!

Then we do not have to explain what our build is because there is a visual that expresses this. Prestige icons would only be an option as long as you have the Enhancement. They should also be a free option.
I am done with explaining that my FvS only has Cure Light and I am not built to watch your health.

It would be nice to see a raid party with the ability to know what role people are wanting to play just by looking at the icons.

Letrii
09-25-2009, 07:43 AM
a method for F2P to know if they can access the quest or not when looking at the Group Page. Like in Korthos with the winter/summer thing.

This is already there. Hide content I do not own.

Of course it relies on group leader selecting the proper quest for LFM.

vainangel
09-25-2009, 08:03 AM
This is already there. Hide content I do not own.

Of course it relies on group leader selecting the proper quest for LFM.

Does not seem to work I had an LFM up and attracted 4 Clerics that did not know it was a VIP quest...

redoubt
09-25-2009, 10:47 AM

Here's my #2 gripe:

Agree!!!

Tried to give rep, but can't yet. I wonder sometimes how much you have to give out before you give someone another bump... :confused:

GhostNull
09-25-2009, 01:31 PM

Not all FvS heal. Not all Rangers are Tempest, not all Monks do monk things....

Prestige Class Icon options for our character and Generic descriptive Icons for non-Prestige.

IE - Ranger: Generic - S&B - Ranged - Tempest - Deepwood - Arcane
A icon for each would be great!

Then we do not have to explain what our build is because there is a visual that expresses this. Prestige icons would only be an option as long as you have the Enhancement. They should also be a free option.I am done with explaining that my FvS only has Cure Light and I am not built to watch your health.

It would be nice to see a raid party with the ability to know what role people are wanting to play just by looking at the icons.

Interesting idea actually. For the most part the current icons for PrE's shown under the Enhancement tab could be reused/recycled for the PrE-based class icons.

winsom
09-25-2009, 03:25 PM
1. The Loot Window and other windows where descriptive text is cut off.

In these windows we can not see the full text unless we mouse-over. We should be able to pull on a corner of that window to expand it if we want to see all the text at once.

2. Running to different Brokers all over town to sell items is boring and extremely repetitive game-play.

I find it very interesting that part of the design concept for DDO was to remove tedious travel situations and excessive grinding that other MMOs have. Then they give us these merchants who offer the best prices that are separated by loading screens and a non-insignificant running distance between them. Selling stuff at brokers in DDO is the worst waste of time of any MMO I've played since City of Heroes.

3. My character is stuck in loading-limbo for at least 7 seconds if not more AFTER the game world becomes visible to me.

I do not like having a character in the world and thinking I am ready to move/interact and find out the game is still loading-frozen with GUI elements not-yet loaded (such as the Social Panel). I would rather be looking at a loading screen & nice artwork (preferably with music playing) such that when my chracter finally does enter the world it is only a matter of a couple seconds or less before I can begin interacting with the world.

4. We do not have the Druid class yet and we have not heard any definitive news about their status or progress.

I could group the above complaint in a broader catagory: Turbine DDO has a terrible lack of communication with its customers. We want to know what is being developed in the long term. What is being worked on in the short term. We want to have player concerns addressed frequently in an official manner. We want a State of the Game Address and Producer Letters at least twice a year, if not quarterly. Turbine LOTRO has a better record here. Warhammer Online communication is better still and should be an example for all MMOs to follow. Can you learn from them please?

Missing_Minds
09-25-2009, 11:36 PM
3. My character is stuck in loading-limbo for at least 7 seconds if not more AFTER the game world becomes visible to me.

While I understand this, in all honesty, load time has not changed. What did chance is when we see our characters. Before hand we were stuck in that load screen, waiting on that little blue bar.

In reality, our load times are just the same as they have been for months. you may be a new player, in which case you wouldn't realize this and I can't fault you. Just so you know, this load time is what people have played with for months.

Letrii
09-26-2009, 10:06 AM
Does not seem to work I had an LFM up and attracted 4 Clerics that did not know it was a VIP quest...

Well it relies on people being smart enough to read and click the button. The default is to show all groups, you have to toggle it to show only ones you are eligible for and have access to.