PDA

View Full Version : DDO Store Item Suggestions?

MrRotten
09-23-2009, 12:19 AM
The past few days, I have come up with a few items I wouldn't mind seeing in the DDO Store, and can't think of any real major backlashes or it giving anyone any kinds of unfair advantages... They are merely just convenience items, which the Store should be primarily focused on.

I also thought this could be a good place that others could post items that are reasonable and share our ideas....

1. ELITE Opener - Doesn't matter how you do it, be it a potion, wand, scrolls, whatever. But what it grants is the ability to open all your quests on ELITE for XXXXX amount of time. I know the draw back would be for lower levels to maybe abuse it, so if that is the concern, put a min-level on it to be like 15... The main advantage to this is so that you can as a high level player open some of those dungeons straight to ELITE to gain favor. I don't know whats more annoying is to go back and do some of these lower level quests without an ELITE Opener. It does actually help that we VIPs can go straight to hard, but it would still be useful and save some time if we had some kind of ELITE Opener item on the mall.

2. DISENCHANTER - Now I know this will prob receive some backlash... But meh, I'm going to suggest it anyways. How bout an item that allows you to TEMPORARILY remove the BOUND tag from an item so it can be transfered. To be placed on the AH, to be transferable, traded, etc.. etc.. Now I know what this possibly means. That you could disenchant a Raid item and transfer it to an alt. I don't see nothing to terribly bad about that? After all, in the end you're still running the raid... But it sucks when everyone in the grp has the items that drop and you think about your alt that really still needs that item, etc.. etc.. There are plenty of other reasons why this could be beneficial... But to prevent OVER usage to control it a little bit, make it pretty expensive. Seems to me like it should be expensive anyways.

Those are 2 things I have thought about when it comes to item suggestions for the shop...

Uska
09-23-2009, 12:48 AM
1. I am Meh over I really dont care either way.

2. Horribly bad idea this is very wrong and would damage the game.

MrRotten
09-24-2009, 02:04 AM
1. I am Meh over I really dont care either way.

2. Horribly bad idea this is very wrong and would damage the game.

LOL Ugh ok... Care to elaborate? Got any suggestions of your own?

As for the 2nd that I suggested... I don't see how it'll "Damage" the game... sure its a pretty big step and a very risky item, but hence why it'll be very very expensive.

You'll have to explain your vague opinion on how it'll "Damage" the game? Just curious... Maybe I will agree? I was pretty descriptive on the suggestion, and how I would do it if it were to be done. Its obviously something you don't want people abusing, and overly using, which could beg to argue you don't need the item at all.

So maybe instead of it being a Item on the MALL, maybe a Favor Unlock Sigil or something that grants it.

Again, I don't see how it'll "Damage" the game at all... The raids are still getting run, but instead of junking Raid items when everyone in the groups has it, you can xfer it to another toon or a guildie that isn't able to run them as often or is as lucky.

And like I said, there could be diff ways this could be done, but if its on the Item Mall, it should very pretty damn expensive.

Uska
09-24-2009, 02:32 AM
LOL Ugh ok... Care to elaborate? Got any suggestions of your own?

As for the 2nd that I suggested... I don't see how it'll "Damage" the game... sure its a pretty big step and a very risky item, but hence why it'll be very very expensive.

You'll have to explain your vague opinion on how it'll "Damage" the game? Just curious... Maybe I will agree? I was pretty descriptive on the suggestion, and how I would do it if it were to be done. Its obviously something you don't want people abusing, and overly using, which could beg to argue you don't need the item at all.

So maybe instead of it being a Item on the MALL, maybe a Favor Unlock Sigil or something that grants it.

Again, I don't see how it'll "Damage" the game at all... The raids are still getting run, but instead of junking Raid items when everyone in the groups has it, you can xfer it to another toon or a guildie that isn't able to run them as often or is as lucky.

And like I said, there could be diff ways this could be done, but if its on the Item Mall, it should very pretty damn expensive.

People will take the bound item they normal would have passed to someone else and take for themselves and either set it up for themsleves or a buddy to get it to a character who didtn earn it. not a fan of anyone who wasnt in that particular raid getting any item from that raid.

MrRotten
09-24-2009, 10:35 PM
People will take the bound item they normal would have passed to someone else and take for themselves and either set it up for themsleves or a buddy to get it to a character who didtn earn it. not a fan of anyone who wasnt in that particular raid getting any item from that raid.

Well I guess in that situation it would suck... Sorry that those are the kinds of people you might have encountered?

I for one know my guildies wouldn't do that... If anyone can use the item that drops they get it, if more then one can, they roll to see who wins it. If no one can, then it really doesn't matter what happens to it.

But yea, I see your point... I for one never do raids unless its a guild run raid, never pug a raid... So I didn't think of it that way.

Uska
09-25-2009, 12:38 AM
Well I guess in that situation it would suck... Sorry that those are the kinds of people you might have encountered?

I for one know my guildies wouldn't do that... If anyone can use the item that drops they get it, if more then one can, they roll to see who wins it. If no one can, then it really doesn't matter what happens to it.

But yea, I see your point... I for one never do raids unless its a guild run raid, never pug a raid... So I didn't think of it that way.

I guild raid when I can and my guild wouldnt do something like that either but due to my work times I mainly have to pug raid and seen lots of people to some pretty awful stuff in raids and have change how I pass stuff now, I will wait until only the person I want to pass the item to is left unless I know them or I am fairly confident the really wanted item for themselves to use if someone just wanted to get the item to pass or vendor then I will not pass it to them since I could use the plat just as much as they can.

Tharris
09-28-2009, 08:40 PM
I would either happily spend a months points, or maybe even a little cash to be able to change the songs my bard plays.

MrRotten
10-01-2009, 11:53 AM
I would either happily spend a months points, or maybe even a little cash to be able to change the songs my bard plays.

Ooo, I kinda like this... this gave me another idea! I don't know how it works with Bard Songs, guessing its like the Sorc or FvS with spells...

But how bout an item to allow you to Swap Out Spells/Songs without having to wait the however many days limitations.

Maybe a potion so that you drink it, and it gives you a 2 hour window or a 1 hour window to freely swap out that stuff and make adjustments....

Seems to me like that'd be a small minor tweek that wouldn't effect anything big, but more of a convieniance thing...