PDA

View Full Version : Please Add, and fix:

Aspenor
09-22-2009, 03:29 PM
Add:
Mirror Image / Greater Mirror Image (because displacement is too short and lets me be hit too much, i need to only be hit 7% of the time)
Gate (because summoning a pit fiend is easy at level 20)
Planar Binding (because casting level 9 spells at level 15 is by the rules)
Wish (because casters really do need a "kill all monsters, no save" button)
Time Stop (because I need more time to hit my kill all monsters button)
Shapechange (because I need to be able to change from a Red Dragon to a Pit Fiend and then to a beholder in the span of 20 seconds)

Fix:
Energy Drain is an AoE effect
(I really mean this one, actually. even in PnP it's not worth the level 9 slot at single target)

Aesop
09-22-2009, 03:35 PM
/signed

well for some of those...

I like Mirror Image... just because I like the spell in general

Planar Binding would be neat in a way... basically have it summon a Hireling

Shapechange... well I really only want this because then there is no excuse why Druids won't come out :D

Lorien_the_First_One
09-22-2009, 03:56 PM
add:
Mirror Image / Greater Mirror Image (because Displacement Is Too Short And Lets Me Be Hit Too Much, I Need To Only Be Hit 7% Of The Time) i Do Like That Spell...especially If Theycould Actually Impliment The Graphics
Gate (because Summoning A Pit Fiend Is Easy At Level 20)i Could See That Going Badly...i Like It
Planar Binding (because Casting Level 9 Spells At Level 15 Is By The Rules)
Wish (because Casters Really Do Need A "kill All Monsters, No Save" Button)
Time Stop (because I Need More Time To Hit My Kill All Monsters Button)
Shapechange (because I Need To Be Able To Change From A Red Dragon To A Pit Fiend And Then To A Beholder In The Span Of 20 Seconds)

Fix:
Energy Drain Is An Aoe Effect agreed
(i Really Mean This One, Actually)

:d

Khurse
09-22-2009, 03:59 PM
Seriously? Energy Drain is AoE if PnP?

That would be cool...

Aspenor
09-22-2009, 04:10 PM
Seriously? Energy Drain is AoE if PnP?

That would be cool...

Perhaps I should have checked that before posting it, had somebody mention it to me and in a game I'd played we must have house-ruled it to make it worth a level 9 spell slot, otherwise it's horrendously weak compared to things like Shapechange.

ddoer
09-23-2009, 05:24 AM
Add:

how to implement Time Stop?

FluffyCalico
09-23-2009, 05:27 AM

Easy make it a time slow you cast like a reverse haste on the ememy

Kistilan
09-23-2009, 05:29 AM

Voila. Time Stop is as conventional as dinner and easily done.

http://static.flickr.com/3149/2846187696_ba32ba2579.jpg

Letrii
09-23-2009, 05:57 AM
Ooh, Wish!! We can make our own +5 tomes.

Lithic
09-23-2009, 06:00 AM
Do casters get summon monster 9 for that demon guy? If not, then why not give em gate. If so, give em gate anyway and make it a different option. Perhaps it summons a marilith, or maybe even give it 3+ different choices a la teleport/resist energy. It IS a lvl 9 spell after all...

FluffyCalico
09-23-2009, 06:04 AM
Do casters get summon monster 9 for that demon guy? If not, then why not give em gate. If so, give em gate anyway and make it a different option. Perhaps it summons a marilith, or maybe even give it 3+ different choices a la teleport/resist energy. It IS a lvl 9 spell after all...

Level 9 spell could summon 400 kobalds to pester the boss for 30 min while you eat lunch. See how he likes it when they jump around like that.

Monkey_Archer
09-23-2009, 06:06 AM
Gate... yes please :D

Monkey_Archer
09-23-2009, 06:07 AM
Level 9 spell could summon 400 kobalds to pester the boss for 30 min while you eat lunch. See how he likes it when they jump around like that.

Rofl... i would pay good turbine points for that one :eek:

Vivanto
09-23-2009, 06:12 AM
Add to the list

Dimensional Anchor - because not being able to cast a tiny wee level 4 spell at level 20, instead grinding one of the lowest drop rate trash in the game just to keep us longer here is just ********.

I think simplest and still viable way to implement timestop would be just a super haste, paired with a non-targeted non-save slow spell cast on nearby monsters. Make it so that also affects casting times, cooldowns, the slow part affects red bosses too.

Aspenor
09-23-2009, 09:25 AM
Another way to implement time stop:

Make the spell time stop create a queue. The player organizes his queue to put in actions he wishes to take (buffs, heals, summons, spells, etc). When the player clicks Time Stop, the entire queue takes place all at the same time.

Although I do like the idea of it being a super-haste party buff.

Kalundan
09-23-2009, 09:30 AM
Add:
Mirror Image / Greater Mirror Image (because displacement is too short and lets me be hit too much, i need to only be hit 7% of the time)
Planar Binding (because casting level 9 spells at level 15 is by the rules)
Wish (because casters really do need a "kill all monsters, no save" button)
Shapechange (because I need to be able to change from a Red Dragon to a Pit Fiend and then to a beholder in the span of 20 seconds)

Fix:
Energy Drain is an AoE effect
(I really mean this one, actually. even in PnP it's not worth the level 9 slot at single target)

These would be great, but I would settle for fixing the broken class capstones, and address the question of whether it's intended or not for the new raid gear not stacking with lower level gear. I can't believe there hasn't been any dev response what so ever on these issues. Whether they're intended, don't care or are looking at them.

SableShadow
09-23-2009, 09:37 AM

Shades of Baldur's Gate:

1) Give it the Vampiric Golem AI from LotD.
2) Cast it waaaaaaay over there by the mobs.
3) Have party rush in and hope the mobs kill the pit fiend before the mobs are all dead.
4) Profit.

Monkey_Archer
09-23-2009, 09:42 AM

Make the spell time stop create a queue.

got me thinking... not sure if all these made it to 4th edition D&D but here goes:

Protection from Normal Weapons
Spell Shield
Contingency
Protection from Magical Weapons
Mantle
Improved mantle
Spell Sequencer
Spell Trigger
Chain Contingency

Especially Chain contingency :D

Maxelcat
09-23-2009, 10:19 AM
Contingincy and chain totaly.

no to time stop. seriously. were talking about a spell that killed NWN Persistant worlds.

Maetrim
09-23-2009, 10:48 AM
Not to mention the mob version of dungeon alert will slow him down, stun him and allow the kobolds to auto hit as he hasn't been clearing the agroed mobs from the area he is in.

Lets see how he likes it :D

salmag
09-23-2009, 03:14 PM

Make the spell time stop create a queue. The player organizes his queue to put in actions he wishes to take (buffs, heals, summons, spells, etc). When the player clicks Time Stop, the entire queue takes place all at the same time.

How about giving it a 5 or 10 second duration where the enemy freezes, ala Hold. Caster would have time to cast a second or third spell during that duration.

Time Stopped enemies would suffer critical hits from attacks.

Just a thought.

Angelus_dead
09-23-2009, 03:23 PM
How about giving it a 5 or 10 second duration where the enemy freezes, ala Hold. Caster would have time to cast a second or third spell during that duration.

Time Stopped enemies would suffer critical hits from attacks.
That would benefit your whole group, and thus not feel enough like the actual Time Stop to deserve the name.

If they wanted to add a spell like that they could do so, but it would properly be named a kind of Mass Irresistable Paralysis.

To add Time Stop to DDO, what you'd make is a short-duration self-buff which reduces your casting time by 80%.

salmag
09-23-2009, 03:56 PM
That would benefit your whole group, and thus not feel enough like the actual Time Stop to deserve the name.

If they wanted to add a spell like that they could do so, but it would properly be named a kind of Mass Irresistable Paralysis.

To add Time Stop to DDO, what you'd make is a short-duration self-buff which reduces your casting time by 80%.

True, it would benefit the whole group. I guess I would prefer it to act independently of the rest of the group but do not see how it can be implemented. By reducing your casting time by 80% doesn't necessarily stop time, just quickens to an extreme.

Letrii
09-23-2009, 04:10 PM
You can't directly affect mobs while they are frozen by Time Stop, delayed blast fireball ftw.

salmag
09-23-2009, 04:26 PM
You can't directly affect mobs while they are frozen by Time Stop, delayed blast fireball ftw.

That would be even better. Just stop the mobs for 5-10 secs, make them immune to damage during that time span. Spell caster can then cast one to two more spells during that span.

However, that doesn't address the issue of allowing other party members to move/cast/etc. Maybe it should be beneficial to the whole party in this manner.

Just my 2cps.

Cyr
09-23-2009, 04:36 PM

This is a wonderful idea actually (not the super-haste). Time Stop is standard D&D. It does not let you interact with anyone else while it is going. Really the only big functionality you would miss out on is being able to move (which of course would be impossible to implement if it was a single person effect).

On the other hand it would not be a horrible idea if they just put it in as a full party effect. Mobs stop and are immune to everything during that time.

tinyelvis
09-23-2009, 04:41 PM
How about a Greater Haste spell and make it a ranger spell.

This will last longer and the scroll version of it can be carried by those naggy melees to self buff. After all, they are the ones with the gimp builds that need all the extra buffs and babysitters to perform.