PDA

View Full Version : Spell inscription mats missing from DDO store

Tyndaleon
09-22-2009, 11:21 AM
Noticed the 'sale' that's showing up via Dev Tracker, and while I'm sure there's nothing that could be done this time, I was wondering if you folks could add Inscription materials along with the 'spell usage' materials for spells to the DDO store as well? Thanks.

Qzipoun
09-22-2009, 11:29 AM
Why in the world would you want this? :confused:

Just walk up to the nearest vendor... :confused:

Tyndaleon
09-22-2009, 11:30 AM
It's just a question/suggestion. The same thing could be said about the regular spell usage components too (or any number of things being offered in the store), but they're there as well *shrug*.

Qzipoun
09-22-2009, 11:34 AM
It's just a question/suggestion. The same thing could be said about the regular spell usage components too (or any number of things being offered in the store), but they're there as well *shrug*.

The reasoning behind spell components and other resources being available in the store is that if you're INSIDE the dungeon and suddenly need something you can buy it. In my opinion no resources at all should be found in the store (only game packs etc.) since it breaks game immersion but you never need spell inscription materials in a quest so even if we are to accept that resources in the store are ok, there's still no reason to have inscription materials in it.

Tyndaleon
09-22-2009, 11:42 AM
Well, we'll have to agree to disagree then. Obviously you have a philosophical disagreement with much of what's offered in the store, but if they followed your logic and line of reasoning 3/4ths of what's in the store now wouldn't be able to be acquired there. Weapons and armor can be acquired by going to a vendor as well for example...granted maybe not as 'special' as what you can acquire via the store, but if you're only going to limit store items to a thing of possibly dire need within a dungeon then you'd have a fairly barren store by comparison.

Phiinix
09-30-2009, 08:46 PM
Consider that only a single class will use Spell Inscription potion, and only for a limited time, this is just a low demand item to begin with.