PDA

View Full Version : Greensteel Shields

JOTMON
09-21-2009, 02:20 PM
Things I would like to see....

Greensteel Shields !!

Yes, there are some good shields out there(Leviks, Lorriks) , but with the crafting available to TWF, the sword and board builds should IMHO be able to craft a shield to complement their builds.

But then I also believe 2-handed weapons should be able to get bonus enhancements not available to 1-Handed weapons, handwraps should be able to be worn on each hand, blah blah blah....

I believe the Devs and GMs read and agree with a lot that we have to say in these forums, but unless we collectively push for real changes and improvements little will be done.

GreenGurgler
09-21-2009, 02:25 PM
I totally agree with you.

Give tanks some love.

Junts
09-21-2009, 02:29 PM
While greensteel shields would be wonderful, its fair to note that the incidence of grazing hits (and their ability to trigger on-hit effects) has made Levik's defender even better than it was before .. so much so that greensteel shields would have to be truly tremendous to make up for the incoming heal proc of Leviks, which has single-handedly kept my character fully healed for extensive fights in module 9, with no need to use any other form of healing.

Dexxaan
09-21-2009, 02:32 PM
It`s about time GreenSteel Shields be brought back to the Forums, it truly has been too long since the last GS Shield thread.

So Turbine...... think you can make a GS Shield (all 3 types and don`t forget that "True" AC builds won`t benefit from a Max DEX 2 Tower Shield :D )

Heres hoping!

-

rezo
09-21-2009, 03:34 PM
/ signed

Aesop
09-21-2009, 03:44 PM
Ya know what I'd like more than Greensteel shields...

Fixing Sword and Board Combat to be an actual competative Style.

TWF gets all these extra Hook attacks
THF gets its Glancing Blows

Why not have Shield Fighters have a couple passive Shield Bash Attacks

Have Shield Mastery add an additional Pasive Shield Bash in the chain as an Off Hand Hook on attack 4 and Improved Shield Bash do the same thing on attack 2

Also Shorten the Shield Bash Animation so that it doesn't take as long as a full attack sequence

Then add Crafting Rituuals to add Shield Spikes with Offensive Effects to shields

Then feel free to add Something akin to greensteel shields ... Maybe Live Wood Shields so Druids can use them too ;)

Aesop

Aesop
09-21-2009, 03:46 PM
oh and on a similar note I think that the unused second weapon slot that remains empty when THF are using a Two Handed Weapon should be able to hold a Buckler

Bucklers should not be eligable for Shield Bashing but that would give the THF that missing slot back ... and open up some options for them

Aesop