PDA

View Full Version : The Turbine Development Meter

Kistilan
09-21-2009, 01:05 PM
Hey all-

I normally don't provide useful ideas, but I think this might actually be useful. The WDAs and everything else that has been informative have been gone, and all we do is post/cancel/GM harasss/post to generate our feedback. Well, for some that takes a lot of effort and they'd rather just roll with the punches.

I'd like to suggest the generation of a very-easy forum/in-game product, similar to a questioneer. The product resets every time a down-time, update, mod, patch, etc is generated (but of course the time-periods & logs for those time periods remain Turbine-Wide).

Now then, a visual display of the-most-current meter would always be visible in-game and on the forums. Every user can (once per account) submit their opinion on the latest status of DDO (+1 positive, 0 neutral, -1 negative). This will allow those to rate the game's current status without any further effort (click on a radio, submit). Including this in-game would allow those who don't traverse the forums frequently to voice their opinion of the game. Finally, an expanded SPECIFIC COMMENTS: Dialogue box could be rooted into the submission as an optional space-filler. Furthermore, the developers could parse-search these Specific Comments for repeated themes (for instance, Dungeon Alerts, etc) while filtering out possible non-factors due to the player's unfamiliarity with DDO.

This would be a win-win because feedback would be streamlined to developers as to what is critically affecting DDOs appeal & also give the community a visual representation of how we're feeling about DDO by gauging the Meter.

Comments? Opinions? WDAs? (just kidding!)

PS: Special Kudos to the "I Love It (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=201607)" +1 Turbine Rep thread for Zinging me along into this Thought Process.

Kistilan
09-24-2009, 04:13 PM
No opinions or critiques? :( I was hoping for the gravy train of critics to jump on this idea.

Cyr
09-24-2009, 04:54 PM
Sounds great with one minor tweak. Make it a scale 1-10 and give the scale definitions. Such as...
1 = Turbine's entire product team should be horse whipped and then fired.
2 = I've had more fun watching paint dry.
3 = There was a new mod?
4 = Some fun was had, but it got old fast and now the nerfs hurt me when I sit down.
5 = Meh
6 = It was barely adequate.
7 = Pretty good overall, not the best ever but worth playing
8 = Lot's of fun, barely noticed the nerfs. Will be playing this stuff for a while and still enjoying it.
9 = All I eat is guacamole because Keeper likes it so much.
10 = I want to buy guest passes for all the devs to the new content and then compliment them on how pretty their toons dye jobs are.

Kistilan
09-24-2009, 06:32 PM
Sounds great with one minor tweak. Make it a scale 1-10 and give the scale definitions. Such as...
1 = Turbine's entire product team should be horse whipped and then fired.
2 = I've had more fun watching paint dry.
3 = There was a new mod?
4 = Some fun was had, but it got old fast and now the nerfs hurt me when I sit down.
5 = Meh
6 = It was barely adequate.
7 = Pretty good overall, not the best ever but worth playing
8 = Lot's of fun, barely noticed the nerfs. Will be playing this stuff for a while and still enjoying it.
9 = All I eat is guacamole because Keeper likes it so much.
10 = I want to buy guest passes for all the devs to the new content and then compliment them on how pretty their toons dye jobs are.

/signed

That'll still be able to annotate. Simply change the 1-10 slots to -5 through +5 This would be actually 11 options, but the "Gauge" would move up and down according to the thrill (or lack thereof). Great suggestion!

Vivanto
09-24-2009, 06:35 PM
Only if we get a development meter for the development meter.

Kistilan
09-24-2009, 06:39 PM
Only if we get a development meter for the development meter.

So... that would be like... a Weekly Development Assessment (WDA) to the UDA (Update Development Assessment) that gauges the periodic overall satisfaction (POS, in hype lingo for cool devs, "position") of the player's opinions concerning Turbine's Fundamental Adjustments/Nerfs (FANs).

sunkenfaith
09-24-2009, 09:30 PM
/signed, and agreed

JakLee7
09-26-2009, 10:54 AM
Very Good idea Kis!