PDA

View Full Version : Need Help - Drow Ranger

Olddrairth
09-19-2009, 02:11 PM
Hi guys,
I would to try a Drow Ranger, but I'm not sure about some things: I need to use Rapiers/Short Swords or I can fight with Long Swords? And for a DPS Build I need necessarily a Rogue Level?

Anyway, if someone can suggest me a Build I would be grateful.

ToyVIP
09-19-2009, 05:49 PM
Few options u needa to consider:

Str build or Dex build?
Str build allows for more dps, usually slightly lower AC (not significantly, just slightly), 1 less feat needed than dex build, allows use of ANY wepaon you have proficiency for
Dex build slightly lower dps (not significantly, just slightly if built right), higher AC, the drawback is the weapon finesse feat needed, and then restriction to light weapons for full attack bonus.

Both of these builds have advantages, and some swear by one or the other...

make a decision on that it will make it easier for someone to give a build idea for you

Olddrairth
09-20-2009, 07:22 AM
I would prefer the str build because it leads to a greater dps, if I understand.

lostkoss
09-20-2009, 09:53 PM
Honestly,

Drow are not the strongest race.Dwarf might be a better fit for STR based ranger.

Not that it cant be done, its just that you should get DEX from Ranger enhancements and DEX from Elf enhancements plus a decent DEX to start with as an Elf.

Trying to pile up points in STR for an Elf at character creation gets expensive fast.

Drow also get enhancements to increase rapier and shortsword accuracy and damage which are the perfect DEX based Weapons.

With an Elf, STR is a tougher road especially early on because you will be depending on ability increases every 4 levels to raise your primary stat.

Just so you know what you are getting into.

Here is a link to a great thread in this forum with a couple example ranger builds. (including my own drow builds :)

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=147492

Olddrairth
09-21-2009, 07:46 AM
Thank guys...