PDA

View Full Version : New Static Group

ongbak
09-19-2009, 09:54 AM
Looking to start a new static grp on this server. But there is a kick to it.

We will all be Warforge.

I would like for the group to meet up a few times per week, say 2 or 3 to begin with, then see how we go from there. Now this group will not be permadeath, so res shrines will be available to use. The only rule is that we all level together and do not join pug groups.

As for times, well I'm GMT but do not mind waiting till 10/11pm GMT (5/6pm EST) till we start.

If this does take off I will set up a website where we can keep track of quests we have done, days we plan to meet and leave messages for each other etc.

So if this sounds like fun for you then please leave your name and class you would like.
I would prefer to take up the random spot, but if another spot needs to be filled I will take that spot.

Would like one caster to double up as group healer.

Main Tank
Off Tank
Caster
Caster
Trapmonkey
Random

Gleipner
09-19-2009, 06:31 PM
I have a upcoming monsterbuild and if your popper rusher i´ll tag laong

boredlonewolf
09-19-2009, 11:07 PM
I would be good with being a Warforged Wizard, but my hours would be constrained some nights. I'm MST, so 6 EST is 4 MST, or when I just get home. If anything ever held me back a few minutes, I couldn't come or would be rather late.

abull74
09-20-2009, 12:44 PM
I have a WF 1paly/1FvS and a WF sorc1....would be willing to bring either one. I am not available on weekends though, as I work from Sat -Mon.

Mon thru Fri I play 12-18 hours a day though.

Maddroxx is my WF paly/FvS and Rustbucket is my WF sorc.

I AM THE FPOON!!!

ongbak
09-21-2009, 03:00 PM
thanks for the replies guys, was unsure if this would get any interest.

So it seems we have a sorc, a wiz and a monster build. If I go a trapmonkey guess that we will have most bases covered for now.

Any particular day/time you guys would like to start ?

Halek
09-22-2009, 03:02 PM
I would love to play as well, but I won't be able to start until around 7 or 7:30 est. If there is any interest in starting a little bit later let me know. I would like to play a Tank of Some sort.

Currently playing a Pally/Warrior on this server named - Halek.

David

ongbak
09-23-2009, 07:39 AM
we not started yet Halek.

I'm willing to start about 8pm EST either a Friday or a Saturday and see where we go from there. Will not start till we get some definate answers off of people who want to join.

Halek
09-23-2009, 07:58 AM
we not started yet Halek.

I'm willing to start about 8pm EST either a Friday or a Saturday and see where we go from there. Will not start till we get some definate answers off of people who want to join.

Well I will create my character and post his name and class later tonight. Friday & Saturday night might be a problem for me making on a consistant basis, but I will try. Sunday night or weeknights would probably be better, but I will try and do what the group wants to do.

I will run through the Tutorial to get to Karthos Village.

NameisToad
09-23-2009, 01:36 PM
I'm interested in joining as the healer. Thinking Sorcerer for casting time and focus of spell selection. Let me know when you want to get started and I'll create the character.

Hirosue
09-24-2009, 05:53 AM
Hi ongbak. I set up the exact same thing as you when the server went live. It’s a lot of fun. We are all Wf and all basically only level up / quest together with our Wf static characters. We are playing 2/3 times a week and are currently at level 6. Almost level 7

It’s a real blast playing a static levelling group. It can be difficult to organise though. Luckily the group I am in is comprised of 5 friends. We did start with 4 and took 2 random via the forum but they dropped out.

We initially went with the following party makeup

1 wf barb pure
1 Wf Monk
1 wf fighter Ac/intimidator - re-rolled as 1 Wf battle cleric
1 wf 1 rog/ wizzy - main healer, buffs, crowd control, and trap smith
1 wf sorc - nukes
1 anything via the forums- dropped out.

However the AC tank intimidator was dropped due to the AC max end game not really being very feasible / high enough on a 28pt wf. So instead he rolled WF battle cleric. The Wf BC turned out to be a great addition to the party. Not so much for healing but it will be really useful later on for cleric buffs, raise dead , deathward ( must have for necropolis and later quests),etc.

So really think about taking a WF battle cleric into your group. With the emphasis on the battle side of things. Also don’t forget about Wf virtuoso bard. Seriously useful crowd control.

We have a guild set up called "forged in war". And when the time comes for raids it would be pretty cool and good fun if yours and ours static WF groups could get together. 12 player raid all Wf. should be fun.

So anyone thinking about joining ongbaks static levelling party I can tell you it is a lot of fun to do.

Hope it works out for you.

Halek
09-24-2009, 07:46 AM
Hi guys... If nobody has done the Battle Cleric, I can do that. I was thinking about doing the Itimitank as my character. I have not rolled up the fighter yet.

WolfSpirit
09-24-2009, 08:38 AM
My Cannith Character is a WF Rogue/Wizard with full Trap capabilities. But my infrequent visits to Cannith, and DDO in general, limit my ability to dedicate myself to a static group. However, should you have need I'll be on the lookout for an lfm stating WF only. Have fun guys!

ongbak
09-27-2009, 12:27 PM
OK we have not started yet, and apologies for being so slow to get this started, but had some RL issues to deal with. OK I have a start date planned, and we have a temp website.

Planned Start: Date: 5th October
Start Time: 7pm EST

Website: http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=331203&TabID=2772996&PageName=Home

If you are still interested, please visit the website and make an account (please use your static groups characters name for this), then post what build your planning on playing in the forums.

NameisToad
09-27-2009, 06:39 PM
OK, I created my sorcerer, Aquatic, and I created an account at guildportal for use on your site called 'AquaticOnCannith' since the website already had an Aquatic.

Now a couple of questions:

1: I have several characters already on Cannith. What does the group feel about twinking? (the process of gifting new characters with items and money from old characters)

2: Are we going to skip the tutorial?

3: How much of the build information did you want posted here? I'm a sorcerer with max charisma and mental toughness, and I took repair light and magic missile.

See you guys on Oct 5.

ongbak
09-28-2009, 04:43 AM
thanks for getting back to me Toad.

1: twinking is not a prob. I would like group members to treat there static grp character the same way as they do any of their other characters. I plan on using some VIP points to purchase some tomes at lvl 1, so I can see no problem with handing down some items or cash.

2: Definatly, we all know what the tutorial teaches us, so yeah go ahead and skip it, we will start with haytons crypt, cainith crystal and storehouse as usual.

3: Just make a note on our new forums what class you are playing. I just posted mine there because it is an odd multclass that I am planning on playing. Was thinking of playing a bard/pali hybrid, but can not seem to work one out :(

Hirosue
09-28-2009, 11:20 AM
cannt make a bard/pali due to chaotic requirement for bard. would be a great multiclass if you could.

Halek
09-28-2009, 01:36 PM
I plan on doing a WF Battle Cleric. I created him and took him already to The Harbor to get to the bank. Are we going to start on the SunnySide of Karthos Village or do I need to create a new WF?

Thanks,

Halek.

Halek
09-28-2009, 11:32 PM
I created an Account called RenrickOnCannith. Name of my cleric is Renrick.

ongbak
09-29-2009, 04:11 AM
Sorry Halek, but the idea of a static grooup is that we all roll characters together and level together, no solo questing and no pug questing. So yeah you will have to roll another cleric. :(

Halek
09-29-2009, 07:50 AM
Actually the only thing I did was go through the Tutorial, and then took a boat straight to The Harbor. I can go back to Karthos Village, but it will be on the Sunny Side not Snowy.

I will delete him when I get home and re-create him. He will have the same name.

ongbak
10-02-2009, 02:29 PM
group is 3 strong atm, a rogue would fit in really well :D

well we start in 3 days, clearing our way through Korthos, anyone is more than welcome to join us, just as long as your not a fleshy.

boredlonewolf
10-02-2009, 05:20 PM
Alright.... I was wondering what had happened with this! Anyways, I am currently creating my WF wizard. However, I have a 3 barb WF as well should we ever need one. My wizard is Cantius, btw.

Edit: BTW, if we need one, I'm open to being a rogue instead

ongbak
10-03-2009, 07:08 AM
Thanks wolf, if you want to come along and join us on monday your more than welcome. any class/multiclass is more than welcome, we just need someone with trap disabling abilities :)

boredlonewolf
10-03-2009, 01:43 PM
meh, I will go rogue I guess, then.
edit: Rogue's name is going to be Siderr, alright?

boredlonewolf
10-04-2009, 06:32 PM
sorry for doubleposting but I figured this was fairly urgent; I will not be able to attend the first meetup as, it turns out, I have a prior commitment that ends at 7 MST (or 9 EST). Sorry, but due to this I will be unable to come to the first. Do you mind if I level a bit to make up for it?

ongbak
10-05-2009, 08:47 AM
NP's a regular update will be posted on the groups website to let people know hat quests we have done, so if the y wish to join us they know what quest to do.

Look forward to meeting up with you soon.

Halek
10-05-2009, 08:36 PM
Well Aquatic and I met at 7:00est and we waited for about 10-15 minutes and decided to run some quests since it was the agreed on date & time for the group. Hope everybody who missed is OK.

We did the the following Quests.

10-05-09

Normal - Heyton's Rest
Normal - Storehouse Secret
Normal - The Cannith Crystal
Normal - The Collabroator
Normal - Sacrifices
Normal - Redemption
Normal - Necromancers's Doom

experience. Ending about 7,100 We ended above lvl 2.

Halek

boredlonewolf
10-05-2009, 10:25 PM
Alright, beat all those quests but guess I did less optionals so only have 62, not 71 :(

Halek
10-05-2009, 10:40 PM
Alright, beat all those quests but guess I did less optionals so only have 62, not 71 :(

Well we got 1 rare in on the Island, and maybe a little bit more in the slayer quest.

Halek

Halek
10-08-2009, 08:13 AM
Ongbak... You still around?

boredlonewolf
10-10-2009, 10:35 AM
I'm here :D...... anyone want to go for some quests on monday again?

NameisToad
10-10-2009, 01:33 PM
That sounds fine to me. 7pm est on October 12.

boredlonewolf
10-10-2009, 01:36 PM
Alright, good for me. Anyways, btw, on 2 mondays near the end of oct. start of nov. I will be unavailable; I forget the exact dates. Volunteer work for younger students at my school.

Thirsterhall
10-11-2009, 12:31 PM
Just spotted this thread this morning and it's peaked my interest. I'm on F2P but have enough points to purchase WF, been considering it anyway, thanks to the sale this weekend.

If you have room and are willing to allow a F2P to tag along I'd like to bring along a Bard. It looks like you've only competed a few of the intro quests so far so it'd be easy enough to catch up prior to Monday night.

Haven't made the char yet so no name to post yet.

Edit:
Forgot to ask sunny or snowy side?

NameisToad
10-11-2009, 02:28 PM
Hey, sounds good to me, man. Warforged Bard will help the rest of us a lot, I'm sure.

We're on the sunny side, and I look forward to seeing new blood tomorrow night. :)

Thirsterhall
10-11-2009, 06:34 PM
Ok got him all set for Monday night. Ended at around 6900xp so should be just behind the rest of ya.

Name: Thirsterhall
Class: Bard
Path: Spellsinger

I swapped out the cure light wounds for Hypnotism and picked up Charm Person at 2nd so should be all set for some CC.

Halek
10-11-2009, 08:13 PM
Sounds good to me as well. Will see you tomorrow.

boredlonewolf
10-12-2009, 03:46 PM
Great to have you, Thirsterhall! BTW, I decided to rerun storehouse a few times; got up to 7088 xp.

Tyjet
10-12-2009, 04:13 PM
Are you still looking for more members?
What classes do you currently have in the group and what are you looking for?
I'd need to roll up a new character, but I shouldn't have any trouble catching up.

I've got a name reserved but I am willing to reroll to better suite the party.

NameisToad
10-12-2009, 04:29 PM
Tyjet, we're getting started in just an hour or so, but we could definitely use a melee of some sort if you're interested. Just look for Aquatic at 7pm est. I'll be in the wavecrest until we start questing.

Tyjet
10-12-2009, 05:03 PM
Since I've only got 28 points and no twink gear to work with, I'm thinking a two-handed weapon is the only feasible melee I can make.
Do we have enough healing for a no AC pure barbarian or would a paladin fit better?

Edit: Decided to make both, currently running Heroix Automatix (barbarian) through the tutorial. I have Valourix (paladin) in back-up if needed.

boredlonewolf
10-12-2009, 05:37 PM
we have hardly any healing, actually. Battle cleric or tank are what we need(BTW tank is different in ddo than in WOW if that is what you come from)

Tyjet
10-12-2009, 05:52 PM
I'm familiar with 3.5 but fairly new to ddo.
I don't think I could make a good tank. I do not have any hand-me-downs and only 28 points.

As far as I can tell, a tank in DDO needs good dps and great AC along with hate increasing enhancements.
I could try making a battle cleric, if that is what you need. (I thought somebody posted that they were making a cleric?)

NameisToad
10-13-2009, 09:05 AM
I feel a need to apologize. My connection was up and down all night and I missed the whole session. I wish we could've tackled the problem some other time, instead of during the Bladed session.

What did I miss, and where'd your XP end up, so I can try to catch up on my own?

Thirsterhall
10-13-2009, 09:29 AM
We ended with a top xp of around 18K, just shy of 3rd I believe.

Some of us are considering re-rolling however.

Going to use this post to try to gather board names/char names/classes etc.

So far I have

Thirsterhall/Thirsterhall Bard <- looking to re rolling as tank
NameisToad/Aquatic Sorcerer
Halek/Renrick Battle Cleric
boredlonewolf/Siderr Rogue <- looking to add ranger into the mix
Tyjet/Pavise tank <- considering re rolling as wizard
ongbak/? tank I think

Based on the above if Siderr goes with a wizard I'll need to fill the tank roll. I'd be open to any suggestions on a good tank build. Looked at a Paladin but not sure how much of a problem having intimidate at 1/2 will be. Besides WF Pals really get hit hard by low wisdom/charisma.

Oh and NP Aquatic stuff happens. Hope you got your connection issues all worked out. I know they can be a pain in the back side at times.

boredlonewolf
10-13-2009, 12:11 PM
I don't think I am going to severely modify my character and doubt I will reroll. Anyways, quest list :
-All Korthos Quests on Hard
Previous sessions we have done included:
-All Korthos Quests (Except Stopping the Sahuagin and Misery Peak) on Normal
-1 Rare Encounter in Korthos
- I got to 150 in the slayer quest; I believe I'm not the highest, though. Get around 150 and you'll be on track.

Edit: For a less time consuming method to level to get up to our group, I would suggest simply doing the Storehouse quest over and over until negligible exp, and doing the solo quests just near the entrance to the harbor, as we won't be able to do those. Also, if any new people who want to join don't know, we are sunny side.

Halek
10-13-2009, 01:11 PM
I think we figured we got to 18K experience points, and all Island quests up to hard.

Dont worry aquatic, I lost connection for about 45 minutes, so I have to make up some xp and quests. We decided that we will meet next monday and if you want to reroll (post on the website) and meet with 18K and all quests on the island up to hard. We will decide next monday a couple of things

1) What we want to do on Monday? THink about (do the quests on Elite or go to the harbor)
2) Is 1 night a week good or do we want to make another night

Thanks,

Halek.

P.S. Guess if we dont hear from ongbak this week, I will create a new post that we can edit. What I have seen on the boards is that the first post gets edited with the status of what the group has done.

Halek
10-13-2009, 01:14 PM
We did the the following Quests.

10-12-09

Hard - Heyton's Rest
Hard - Storehouse Secret
Hard - The Cannith Crystal
Hard - The Collabroator
Hard - Sacrifices
Hard - Redemption
Hard - Necromancers's Doom
Hard - Stopping the Sahuagin
Hard - Misery Peak

experience. Ending about 18,000.

Halek

Thirsterhall
10-13-2009, 02:40 PM
Been playing around with a Paladin today. Here is what I have so far. Please feel free to comment good or bad.

My basic plan is to go with a two handed sword for the easier stuff and switch to shield/board for the tougher stuff where the added AC/DR would be needed.

Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 3.10
DDO Character Planner Home Page (http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO)

Level 20 Lawful Good Warforged Male
(20 Paladin)
Hit Points: 322
Spell Points: 255
BAB: 20\20\25\30\30
Fortitude: 22
Reflex: 12
Will: 6

Starting Feat/Enhancement
Base Stats Modified Stats
Abilities (Level 1) (Level 20)
Strength 14 19
Dexterity 10 10
Constitution 16 18
Intelligence 8 8
Wisdom 10 10
Charisma 14 14

Starting Feat/Enhancement
Base Skills Modified Skills
Skills (Level 1) (Level 20)
Balance 0 -5
Bluff 2 2
Concentration 3 7
Diplomacy 2 2
Disable Device n/a n/a
Haggle 2 2
Heal 0 0
Hide 0 -5
Intimidate 4 9.5
Jump 2 -1
Listen 0 0
Move Silently 0 -5
Open Lock n/a n/a
Perform n/a n/a
Repair -1 -1
Search -1 -1
Spot 0 0
Swim 2 -6
Tumble n/a n/a
Use Magic Device n/a n/a

Level 1 (Paladin)
Feat: (Selected) Adamantine Body
Enhancement: Follower of the Lord of Blades
Enhancement: Warforged Damage Reduction I

Level 2 (Paladin)
Enhancement: Paladin Armor Class Boost I
Enhancement: Paladin Focus of Good I

Level 3 (Paladin)
Feat: (Selected) Tower Shield Proficiency
Enhancement: Paladin Bulwark of Good I
Enhancement: Paladin Resistance of Good I
Enhancement: Warforged Constitution I

Level 4 (Paladin)
Enhancement: Paladin Courage of Good I
Enhancement: Paladin Extra Lay on Hands I
Enhancement: Paladin Extra Smite Evil I

Level 5 (Paladin)
Enhancement: Paladin Extra Smite Evil II
Enhancement: Paladin Energy of the Templar I

Level 6 (Paladin)
Feat: (Selected) Two Handed Fighting
Enhancement: Bladesworn Transformation
Enhancement: Paladin Defender of Siberys I

Level 7 (Paladin)
Enhancement: Warforged Damage Reduction II

Level 8 (Paladin)
Enhancement: Paladin Bulwark of Good II
Enhancement: Paladin Divine Light I

Level 9 (Paladin)
Feat: (Selected) Weapon Focus: Slashing Weapons
Enhancement: Paladin Resistance of Good II
Enhancement: Paladin Divine Righteousness I
Enhancement: Warforged Great Weapon Aptitude I

Level 10 (Paladin)
Enhancement: Warforged Constitution II

Level 11 (Paladin)
Enhancement: Paladin Divine Light II
Enhancement: Warforged Great Weapon Aptitude II

Level 12 (Paladin)
Feat: (Selected) Improved Two Handed Fighting
Enhancement: Paladin Extra Lay on Hands II
Enhancement: Paladin Defender of Siberys II

Level 13 (Paladin)
Enhancement: Paladin Bulwark of Good III

Level 14 (Paladin)
Enhancement: Paladin Resistance of Good III

Level 15 (Paladin)
Feat: (Selected) Greater Two Handed Fighting

Level 16 (Paladin)

Level 17 (Paladin)

Level 18 (Paladin)
Feat: (Selected) Toughness

Level 19 (Paladin)

Level 20 (Paladin)

NameisToad
10-13-2009, 06:58 PM
OK, if there's that much rerolling going on anyway...

I'm not terribly happy with the sorcerer... I mostly play melee characters, and I picked up a heavy mace with Aquatic and was bashing stuff. I'd be happy to reroll as paladin, ranger, or fighter... If I did so, I'd be all dps, using two-handed or two-weapon feats and probably carrying a tower shield I only broke out when shield blocking a door was the right thing to do.

And, just for the sake of argument, I've got plenty of hand-me-downs for a new melee of any kind.

Thirsterhall
10-13-2009, 08:26 PM
LOL

Ok so looking at the roster again it looks like

Thirsterhall/Thirsterhall ???
NameisToad/Aquatic Paladin (dps tank)
boredlonewolf/Siderr Rogue/Ranger
Tyjet/Pavise wizard

So now I'm left to wonder if we need another backup tank or healer.

Halek
10-14-2009, 08:15 AM
LOL

Ok so looking at the roster again it looks like

Thirsterhall/Thirsterhall ???
NameisToad/Aquatic Paladin (dps tank)
boredlonewolf/Siderr Rogue/Ranger
Tyjet/Pavise wizard

So now I'm left to wonder if we need another backup tank or healer.

Thirsterhall & the rest,

Please make whatever character you would like to play. In this group I wanted to play something different then I usually do. (This might not be great for the group, but I was planning on learning something new: I usually play Tank Type characters). I currently have no attachment to the cleric, so if it looks like we need more healing I might switch to a Bard/Sorc or Wiz. If we need another tank I could switch to a fighter or a monk.

I guess my idea is play whatever you guys want.

I created post in the Permadeth/Static group (Monday night Cannith Dedicated Warforge Party (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=207405)) so we might get some more traffic on a 6th person & I will post the link to the thread later. I will also create a new website that we can maintain on the GuildPortal.

Thanks,

Halek

Tyjet
10-14-2009, 10:49 AM
Things I'd like to see our group, as a whole, able to do: (keep in mind I don't have any experience past level 8 in DDO)

>spot/search/disable/lock picking - High enough to handle elite quests our level
>Raise Dead - either divine spellcasting or UMD scrolls (dc 40)
>Healing - 1 able to cast them with back-up able to atleast UMD wands/scrolls
>Buffs - atleast 2 different buff capable classes (Bard, Sorc/Wiz, Paladin, Cleric, Divine soul)
>Crowd Control - save or suck/die spells (ie. Web, Hypnotism, Finger of Death)
>Damage Zones - Wall of Fire, Blade Barrier, etc.
>Intimidate - one person trained, preferably able to use tower shields when needed
>One of each ability high enough to handle each ability checks
>melee DPS - however many we can afford to have, 1 with hate enhancement+AC/HP
(Stealth - is it useful/needed for any quest aside from stealthy repossesion?)

So far, it seems like we have:

boredlonewolf/Siderr (Rogue/Ranger) - Rogue skills + melee dps(no hate) + (stealth?)
Nameistoad/? (multiclass melee) - Melee DPS(hate?) + Intimidate?
Tyjet/? (Wizard) - CC/Buffs/Healing/Damage Zones(not enough SP to do all) + INT runes

Based on my (fairly inexperienced) criteria we could use:

1. Raise Dead or UMD of ~39
2. 1 More Healer
3. 1-2 More Buffers
4. WIS/CHA for runes
5. More DPS can't hurt, either from spells or melee

Thirsterhall
10-14-2009, 11:31 AM
I just posted my paladin build here http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=2484380#post2484380

I'm not stuck on this yet but it's what I'm currently leaning toward. I don't now much about Hate builds but I did take intimidate to max for a Paladin and enhancement that I think should help me hold/get agro when needed. But then again for what little I know if could have total screwed it all up LOL.

Halek
10-14-2009, 03:20 PM
Is the night of the week open for discussion?
If not, I'm going to have to bail out.

I had last monday free, but that will rarely happen.
I never actually picked up that it was a monday night group from the last thread.

This was posted in the other thread... Guess it is up for discussion from the group.

Tyjet
10-14-2009, 03:36 PM
Yeah, sorry about that.
Last monday was an exception due to it being thanksgiving weekend in Canada.
Monday and saturday are the only nights I am not available.
Any other day after 17:00 EST is good for me (or anytime on sundays)

NameisToad
10-14-2009, 05:26 PM
Ongbak chose the night of the week. I'm not attached to it at all, though I'm mostly available from 16:00 to 24:00 monday to wednesday.

I'd be happy to play a Paladin and train intimidate up (high charisma helps with that) and I can switch between two-handers and sword-n-board as needed. Already put an adamantine tower shield in my shared bank for the purpose. Lay on hands has no penalty when used to heal warforged, by the way, and I can carry cure wands to help incapped people... though they're not terribly efficient for anything else.

Also, at level 8 or 10 or something, paladins get the ability to raise dead for the cost of a lay on hands. With two paladins in the group, should be plenty to get the job done.

Thirsterhall
10-14-2009, 08:53 PM
Since a couple don't like/can't do Monday, Toad prefers mon-wed and I will have troubles on occasional Tuesdays why not make it Wed?

Toad,

Couple of questions for ya on the Paladin. When planing out my Paladin I didn't go for the raise dead enhancement because I wasn't sure it worked on WF, thought there might be another spell for that. I'm guessing by your comment that it does indeed work or WF?

Also are the WF DR enhancements worth it or shouldn't I bother with them? Do they not stack with other DR or just not worth the enhancements for them?

Hirosue
10-14-2009, 09:33 PM
Hi folks. I have been watching this thread with interest. 5 pals and myself have been running a warforged static group as well. Glad to see you got your going and looking forward to doing some all Wf raiding with you lot when you catch us up.

I am playing the sorc in our party and I know where you are coming from namesis. Sorc at low levels is incredibly boring and doesn’t really take off till you get to level 6. At level 6 you get your first level 3 spells. With fireball you suddenly become a lot more useful. At level 8 you can get firewall and at level 9 you can take solid fog. Its then that sorc starts to do very well.

The group I am in went with a different party makeup to you and we aren’t having any real difficulty completing quests even though we are only 5-man party.

I will post our builds in another thread

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=207582
Good luck and stick with it. Static levelling party is very rewarding, lots of fun and well worth the effort.

NameisToad
10-15-2009, 12:54 AM
Couple of questions for ya on the Paladin. When planing out my Paladin I didn't go for the raise dead enhancement because I wasn't sure it worked on WF, thought there might be another spell for that. I'm guessing by your comment that it does indeed work or WF?
Yes, it works for warforged. Works very well indeed.

Also are the WF DR enhancements worth it or shouldn't I bother with them? Do they not stack with other DR or just not worth the enhancements for them?

My warforged fighter made levels 9 and 10 tonight in a marathon tempest spine session. He has dr 6/adamantine from feats and enhancements. At low levels, with 2-3 dr, he was immune to many archers and didn't really care about most trash mobs on normal. Once I got the dr up to 5 points, I was absolutely immune to archers on normal and kobolds couldn't touch me except with spells.

That said, nothing stacks when you start talking about dr. Barbarians get dr /- and they have enhancements that stack with the natural dr, and warforged get enhancements that stack with thier adamantine body feats, but those don't stack with each other and nothing else stacks with them. The only exception is shields, and they only grant dr while you're blocking and not attacking.

Dr 6/adamantine is great for everything level 8 and under... but it's going to be nearly useless when I get to the gianthold or the desert. It was almost useless in tempest spine tonight. Melee mobs are dealing 20-30 on a normal hit and 70-100 on crits. Caster mobs are casting slay living and ****ing me off. :)

If I play a paladin, I will take adamantine body at level 1, and I will take the enhancements for extra dr, but I won't take any of the feats, because paladins get so few feats. I'll have to take toughness, power attack and cleave... and that's all the feats I'll get through level 9.

If I play a fighter, I will probably skip the improved dr feats there as well, in order to take improved critical feats for more classes of weapons. Having the ability to crit on 19-20 with mauls and greataxes would be very nice.

Halek
10-15-2009, 08:10 AM
OK To the rest of the group...How does Wednesday at 7:00est sound.

Please post yes or no if you have time.

Monday or Wednesday are good for me at 7:00est. I will post on the other thread as well.

Results
1) Thirsterhall - Wednesday (good)
2) NameisToad - Wednesday (good)
3) Halek - Monday & Wednesday (good)
4) Boredlonewolf
5) Tyjet - Wednesday (good)
6)

Thanks,

Renrick

Halek
10-15-2009, 08:13 AM
Hi folks. I have been watching this thread with interest. 5 pals and myself have been running a warforged static group as well. Glad to see you got your going and looking forward to doing some all Wf raiding with you lot when you catch us up.

I am playing the sorc in our party and I know where you are coming from namesis. Sorc at low levels is incredibly boring and doesn’t really take off till you get to level 6. At level 6 you get your first level 3 spells. With fireball you suddenly become a lot more useful. At level 8 you can get firewall and at level 9 you can take solid fog. Its then that sorc starts to do very well.

The group I am in went with a different party makeup to you and we aren’t having any real difficulty completing quests even though we are only 5-man party.

I will post our builds in another thread

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=207582
Good luck and stick with it. Static levelling party is very rewarding, lots of fun and well worth the effort.

Hey I look forward to doing some things together as well. Thanks for all the support with the builds as well. In your experience with the all warforge group what would a good mix of characters be?

Thanks,

Renrick

Tyjet
10-15-2009, 10:47 AM
Assuming you mean 7 p.m. or 1900 h, Wednesday works for me.

Halek
10-15-2009, 11:03 AM
Assuming you mean 7 p.m. or 1900 h, Wednesday works for me.

Yes 7:00pm est... So same time on Wednesday as we were meeting on Monday

Thirsterhall
10-16-2009, 08:07 AM
Ok so I've given up on the Paladin. I just can't get one worked out to my satisfaction so I've switched to a fighter. I have him all set sitting at 18k xp and newbie land. He be wielding a great sword for the trash and switching to tower/sword for the bosses etc. I havn't finalized the enhancements yet but I'm close. I'll be going down the Stalwart Defender path. If he ends up being a bit gimped later in life I deal with it then.

Note I had to delete the bard to make room for him.

Halek
10-16-2009, 08:17 AM
Ok so I've given up on the Paladin. I just can't get one worked out to my satisfaction so I've switched to a fighter. I have him all set sitting at 18k xp and newbie land. He be wielding a great sword for the trash and switching to tower/sword for the bosses etc. I havn't finalized the enhancements yet but I'm close. I'll be going down the Stalwart Defender path. If he ends up being a bit gimped later in life I deal with it then.

Note I had to delete the bard to make room for him.

Thirsterhall,

That sounds great and with the new Re-Incarnations they have setup in the next patch and you feel you are gimped you can always change it. That is what I plan on doing with my cleric if I need to change. We are going to need to find another member who can heal us warforged.

Halek

Thirsterhall
10-16-2009, 12:09 PM
I think Tyjet is planing on making a wizard. He was going to have troubles with Monday nights but our switching to Wed should solve that.

kebin131
10-19-2009, 11:36 AM
Ohhhhh! This sounds awesome! Can someone send me a PM (over forums) with some names I can send a PM to in game? I prefer using Wizard or Rogue for a WF, possibly Bard or Ranger. I'm really not sure how old this thread is so if anyone can give me the most recent info that would be awesome. Also is this going to be a guild or just a static group?

Halek
10-19-2009, 12:30 PM
Ohhhhh! This sounds awesome! Can someone send me a PM (over forums) with some names I can send a PM to in game? I prefer using Wizard or Rogue for a WF, possibly Bard or Ranger. I'm really not sure how old this thread is so if anyone can give me the most recent info that would be awesome. Also is this going to be a guild or just a static group?

Kebin,

Our new thread is at: (Monday night Cannith Dedicated Warforge Party (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=207405)). We are full, but you are now third person that past the original 6. If there is one more person that shows interst you guys might be able to create a new group that we can run together.

It looks like we are moving to Wednesday night. My characters on Cannith are Renrick and Halek if you want to send me a shout in game.

Thanks,

Halek/Renrick

Halek
10-20-2009, 02:25 PM
Please do not reply to this thread anymore. The new thread can be found at: Cannith Dedicated Warforge Party (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=207405)

Thanks,

Halek