PDA

View Full Version : Elemental Wizard Build / Solo Hireling

Wolforin
09-18-2009, 12:21 PM
Can someone help me with locating a build for an Elemental Wizard? I have done tons of searching and cannot find anything that isn't 3 years old, not relating to a F2P character. I am looking for help on enhancements, spell choice, etc. Also, I am close to level 3 and haven't gotten to choose any new feats. Am I doing something wrong?

One more question... concerning hirelings. I have just started using a hireling, but I am wondering whether a cleric or barbarian is better. DPS is nice, but the cleric can heal.

I am just about to ride to Stormreach, since I have done all the quests on the island multiple times. I am a little frustrated with the difficulty, but I really like casters. Just trying to get my duckies in a row.

Arianrhod
09-18-2009, 12:35 PM
Feats come every 3 levels (Level 1, 3, 6, 9, etc.). Wizards also get a bonus feat every 5 levels (Level 1, 5, 10, 15, 20) that can only be used for metamagic feats (Extend Spell, Heighten Spell, Maximize Spell, etc.). Since there are a limited number of metamagic feats in the game, and not all of them are equally useful, many wizards choose to spend their "standard" (as opposed to bonus) feats on other things - Mental Toughness, Insightful Reflexes, etc.

As for the build - elementalist wizard doesn't vary too much from any other kind of wizard, though they might take more elemental enhancements (narrow focus, rather than spreading enhancements out in other areas).

Clerics are the most useful hirelings. Fighter types mught seem nice to have, but they don't really fight that much better than the clerics do, and they can't heal.