PDA

View Full Version : UI Modifications

Brainiac3000
09-17-2009, 11:46 AM
Ok as I've noted in my blog I'm missing the UI mods from WoW. From what I've read you can only reskin the UI. Is this correct? Also do you think Turbine should allow some UI mods (nothing as robust as in WoW) to allow for some graphical modifications? If so, how much should you be able to change? If not, why none?

Morreant
09-17-2009, 11:52 AM
I like the absence of over 9000 addons. It was always a pain when they all broke due to a patch with some not seeing a new versions as they had been abandoned. As far as playing goes, I never saw much fun in heal/threat/damage meters, Grid and what have you being considered a necessity and me often concentrating more on what the addons displayed than the actual game. I like my UI clean, DDOs standard UI so far provides everything I need with minimal clutter and with the ability to reposition every element and hide borders etc it is flexible enough.

Phlay
09-17-2009, 01:21 PM
Action bars need some work, resize to be larger for those of us that squint, change the cool down to be numeric instead of a sweeping radar. Some type of tool tip display for mouse overs, ie, in town, mousing over an npc/player/etc will show a tool tip somewhere as to what it is instead of having to select the item to show up in your target display.

Ramblings of things I haven't spent time to see if I can change yet.

Brainiac3000
09-17-2009, 01:23 PM
While I understand that the default UI is a definitely working base to use, I do not like how it is presented. Also it is not a clean UI in my opinion. I like very minimalistic UI's with a HUD based player and target frames. Grid is considered mandatory only because it is so customizable and compact, which says that it's not the mod creator's fault that they made something superior to the game makers. I think it gives options which allows you to make the UI your own instead of just what some company tells you it should be.

noneill
09-17-2009, 01:26 PM
I play at a high resolution that is great for the game but bad for the UI, my icons are so tiny it is hard to see them, I would like to be able to make them (the action bars) bigger.