PDA

View Full Version : Dext in pala

jorgealberto2
09-16-2009, 02:52 PM
A question: ¿how much dex i must set to my pal in the build (28pts) to reach a excelent AC in late game (i read that a good intimitank must reach like 55Ac in high lvl)?

ArkoHighStar
09-16-2009, 02:56 PM
what race is your pally?

Artis_Resistance
09-16-2009, 03:16 PM
Paladins can wear heavy armor. Heavy armor caps your Dex bonus. So, unless you want a high reflex save, Dex shouldn't matter to a Paladin.

ArkoHighStar
09-16-2009, 03:24 PM
Paladins can wear heavy armor. Heavy armor caps your Dex bonus. So, unless you want a high reflex save, Dex shouldn't matter to a Paladin.

Your average paladin will be wearing full plate, this is true, which gives a max +1 dex bonus. so an 8 dex with a +4 item will max out your bonus. however there are some exceptions to this rule

First Mithral Full plate has a max dex bonus of +3, which means a 10 dex and a +6 dex item will max out your bonus and give 3 additional ac. Also Dwarves get enhancemnts that allow yuo to increase the max dex bonus on any armor by up to 3

So reg full plate would have a max dex bonus of 4 and mithral would be 6 meaning either 18 or 22 dex which with a +6 item at end game woudl put your base dex required at 12 and 16 respecvtively to get full bonuses applied.