PDA

View Full Version : Halfling Paladin

SuperTeddy
09-16-2009, 04:41 AM
New to the game and forums. I did a search for a build for a Halfling pally but couldn't find a free player friendly one. Is it possible to make a TWF and UMD one with the limitations of a free player account? I would like to be able to solo but also be party helpful.

I saw a build here that i wanted to try http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=1697521&postcount=6, but was unable to figure out when to change class. The others I have found are tomb dependent and still not versed in the game to understand how to get them and apply them. I do not have 32 pt capable or have monk unlocked.

Any advice most appreciative

geoffhanna
09-16-2009, 06:51 AM
You cannot change class. You can add a new class to an existing character when you level up (up to a max of three classes on one character), or you can make another character of the desired class. If you have used up all your characters, you may need to delete one before you can create a new one.

TWF pally is hard to do on a halfling. May I suggest either:

a TWF ranger halfling
a TWF pally human or elf or (better yet) drow

Later when you have unlocked 32-point builds, a halfling TWF pally becomes a little more reasonable to do.

On the other hand if you are determined, let me know and I'll see what I can find or put together for you. You may enjoy the game more with a build that is not quite such a reach.

SuperTeddy
09-16-2009, 07:09 AM
Thank you for the reply and yeah I am starting to see your point with so many commenting on 28 pt monks and pallys. What would you suggest I look towards as a friendly Halfling melee build that didn't always sit in the shadows and was able to solo when i could only be on for a pinch?

p.s. I just went ahead and subbed for the VIP options

Deagan
09-16-2009, 07:15 AM
As pointed out this is not a very 28pt friendly build but it can be done.
Stats at 13/16/14/10/8/14 Level ups in Dex
Rogue levels at 1st & 8th,
Feats wise Weapon Finesse, 2WF, I2WF, Improved Critical, G2WF, Power Attack, Toughness.
Skills wise Jump, ballance, UMD & some others at 1st, raise UMD each level, jump to 5 & ballance to 10 on the second rogue level.

Going dex based hurts the dps somewhat but this would still get to Str 20 with the aid of a +1 tome.

Deagan
09-16-2009, 07:29 AM
What would you suggest I look towards as a friendly Halfling melee build that didn't always sit in the shadows and was able to solo when i could only be on for a pinch?

Str based Ranger fits that bill. Could add a Rogue level for great dps and trap skills. Should be plenty of builds knocking about on the forums for that.

G.

geoffhanna
09-16-2009, 07:30 AM
This one is ineresting but is a 32-pooint build. You'd need to take two less in WIS and in something else (CON?)

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=1971322

Use of feats on healing dragonmarks might be a little iffy, its up to you, but you may want to consider instead taking Power Attack, Toughness, and Improved Crit: Piercing.

This one will be better at endgame and is a 28-point build but it is a little gear-dependant:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=197538

Or you can just go it alone and create your own build. One suggestion: figure out the one thing you want to do with the build, and then do that like crazy, even at the expense of everything else. When you are done, take whatever is leftover (if anything) to add additional capabilities.

For instance, if the thing you really want is a TWF, go nuts with it.

Max your DEX. Thats like 20 for a halfling. Your other stuff will suffer but so what?
Take only melee-related feats
Start with Weapon Finesse (so you use DEX to melee instead of STR)
Go Ranger (since they get the TWF feats for free)
Take only melee and DEX boosting enhancements
Pump all your level-up attribute adds into DEX too
Consider adding the Tempest ranger enhancement at 6th level because that is prime TWF material
Once the dust settles, see what attributes you have left over and allocate them to create other capabilities. Ditto for feats and/or enhancements.

And my very number one top tip of all: don't be afraid to ditch the character and start over if you made a mistake. Delete and reroll is your friend, especially when you are just starting out. Mail all your gear to a second character first though!

SuperTeddy
09-16-2009, 05:05 PM
Thank you for the replies and the 28 pt one is working for me so far. Just have to level it up a bit more to see what its capable of doing.

Talon_Moonshadow
09-17-2009, 01:24 AM
One of these days I'll make one and name him Knightlite. :D