PDA

View Full Version : New Player

deathziggy
09-16-2009, 01:04 AM
Hello: 1st off, I would like to extend my thanks to RoBi3.0 & Sirgog for your great guides that you posted for gamers to check out, I really thing that was totally awsome of you both.

I do have a question how ever? Alot of post suggest in order to make alot of TP you need to keep rerolling characters, to get enough to purchase alot of content in this game, if you don't want to pay to play.

Is there a limit as to how much TP 1 character can have in a game? The reason I ask is because if you look at the post http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=200878, it suggests if you make the correct class/race, you will not have to do this, part of the response is this

This build (if you can call it that) will see you thru 1750 and into all the endgame raids without ever having to reroll.

if anybody could shed some light on this, I would greatly appreciate it, thanks so much & happy gamming

Torosar
09-16-2009, 01:15 AM
Welcome to DDO,

Any 1 character is limited to how much TP they can earn because there is only so much favour you can accumulate from running quests. The reason people suggest rerolling characters to farm TP is that the early quests (if you know them well) can be run in under a couple of minutes so in an hour or two of game play you can earn quite a bunch of favour, earn the TP from that favour and then delete your toon and reroll to go through the process again. I think the number of favour people aim for is 100 as that earns you 15 TP? Maybe someone can come in and correct me on that....

If you wish to level up a character to play up until and through the higher levels, a cleric is always going to be a good choice. Not only is it probably the best class to play as your first class but it is a class that is always going to be needed for any quest or raid. If you form your own groups to take through quests, because you are a cleric it is easier to fill out the rest of the spots because the problem with forming groups sometimes is that you have to find a cleric who is willing to do it!

deathziggy
09-16-2009, 01:36 AM
Hello: thanks so much for the reply, greatly appreciate it, so I think then maybe rerolling toons would probably be the best thing I guess, would anybody suggest that I roll one toon as a main & the 2nd toon just keep rerolling? As I beleive you get 2 character slots per server right?

Ghirmeshk
09-16-2009, 01:38 AM
Hello: thanks so much for the reply, greatly appreciate it, so I think then maybe rerolling toons would probably be the best thing I guess, would anybody suggest that I roll one toon as a main & the 2nd toon just keep rerolling? As I beleive you get 2 character slots per server right?

What server are you on. If you are rerolling toons anyway, you may want to try us out. I can promise a good time. If permadeath sounds like fun to you, here is our website:

http://extremeexplorers.guildportal.com

deathziggy
09-16-2009, 02:03 AM
I am on Canneth, but unfortunatly now, after waiting 3 days for game client to download, I get a message saying dndclient stopped working, so unfortunatly I guess I cannot play the game. :(

Ghirmeshk
09-16-2009, 03:48 AM
I am on Canneth, but unfortunatly now, after waiting 3 days for game client to download, I get a message saying dndclient stopped working, so unfortunatly I guess I cannot play the game. :(

Hey DZ,
make a post to technical assistance forum. They will help.
Best,
Ghirm

deathziggy
09-16-2009, 04:06 AM
Thanks for the suggestion, I put a post in the tech issue area :)

Ghirmeshk
09-16-2009, 08:59 AM
Good luck. I hope it works out well.