PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here, and I'm loving this game

Zachski
09-15-2009, 10:18 PM
And I ended up picking the Sorcerer. And since I didn't feel ready enough to go Customized, I chose the Dynamic Hand. Not sure if that was the best "pre-built" choice, but hey, this game seems quite forgiving, especially when you find loot that's worth hundreds of gold coins.

It's been an interesting journey so far. I've been purely soloing for now, although I plan to start partying soon. I'm level 2, and my three spells are Riac's or whatever that ice spell is, the acid spray, and I just got magic missile upon level up.

I had problems with the "Giantish Device" quest, but the problem was solved by switching to my burning finger wand and toasting the giant frosty spider. And running back to the rest shrine whenever my HP got low from Sahuagin ambushes.

That was a satisfying victory.

So, is it good that I've managed to solo to level 2? Am I going to be utterly screwed over by my prebuilt choice? Should I even worry about trying to min/max my character?

7-day_Trial_Monkey
09-15-2009, 11:05 PM
Sounds fine to me. One thing to consider, as mobs start to have higher hp you will run out of spell points pretty quick. When you are level 1 to 3 on a caster don't be afraid to use a greataxe and chop away. Even with a -4 to hit with a weapon you are not proficient with, you will still hit them often enough.

Sorcs and wizards are weaker than other classes in the early part of the game, up to level 7 or 8. After that the are king up to about level 17 with the newest content giving the lead back to the melee classes.