PDA

View Full Version : Earning Turbine Points

TheSwamper
09-12-2009, 07:03 PM
I am a returning player, I played from shortly after launch for the better part of a year.
I am trying to figure out exactly how Turbine Point earning works, cause every time I think I have it, something happens to confuse me. I'll give the short version:

I created some new chars on the new server. I make one my 'favor earner', cause I thought you only get TPs for the highest favor of any char you have. I get him to around 200 favor and I had 125-150 TPs.

Later, I was messing around and tracked down my old characters. Some of them I found were moved from the (now gone?) server Mabar. Anyway, I log in the highest level one I had, a level 10 cleric, and she had around 630 favor.

After that, I log back in my new "main" char, and find I now have 300 points! Hmmm?

The next day, I am playing one of my other new chars, and I get him to 101 favor. Soon, I notice I now have 325 points. So much for my highest char per server theory?

So, curious, I decide to track down all the old chars I had, and log into each one for a few minutes, maybe knock off a quick quest. Some chars I had were on yet another server, but none above level 4.

Currently, I have 425 points and am scratching my head trying to figure this out.

TL;DR version; How exactly are turbine points earned?

P.S. - I am loving this game and have every intention of spending some real dough on it. I am not looking for info to milk the system, but rather to understand it better.

Lorien_the_First_One
09-12-2009, 07:09 PM
There is a favor reward per server. which is why the highest char on each server gave you favor as you logged on to them.

SangRahl
09-12-2009, 08:59 PM
There are two forms of earning TPs from Favor:
Per Character
Per Server

Per Character:
25TPs for every 100Favor earned (this is NOT included on top of the Per Server amounts listed below)

Per Server: (from Robi3.0's Free to Play Guide - http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=2396345#post2396345)
5Favor ... +50TPs
25Favor ... +25TPs
50Favor ... +25TPs
500Favor ... +50TPs
1000Favor ... +100TPs
2000Favor ... +100TPs
3000Favor ... +100TPs

Earned the first time a character meets any of the above tiers on a given server.

So, the fastest and most efficient method to earn a good chunk of TPs is to make a character on each server, clear all of Korthos on Elite (75Favor total and easy to accomplish, as many new and returning players are completing the island's quests for Favor), and then complete any local Harbor quests you wish to finish out over 100Favor.

This will earn 125TPs per server, netting out at 750TPs once completed on each of the current six servers.

750TPs earned is as little as six days of play... less if you are especially efficient in completing the quests, or already have characters in play.