PDA

View Full Version : Wizard

dobbydoodaa
09-12-2009, 03:40 PM
what does the wizard summon exactly? can you tell me because i dont want to end up using it and be summoning nothing but pixies and stuff like that

Arianrhod
09-12-2009, 04:05 PM
Summon Monster I summons a Celestial Dog. II is a fiendish Scorpion. III is a Hellhound (by far the most useful of the lower level summons). IV is a spider. I think V is an earth elemental (too big to fit through some doors) and VI is a fiendish troll.

Summoned monsters are fairly limited in their usefulness, as they take a long time to summon and don't last an entire quest (or even close, in most cases). They also can't be given any commands; they attack what they want, run off when they want, and generally cause trouble if they last long enough (the troll in wilderness areas....). If you've got a wizard or cleric, experiment while soloing till you get a feel for how to get the most out of them. In groups, there's often some more useful (or at least less risky) spell you could cast.

Gorbie
09-12-2009, 04:07 PM
7 is a Djinn, 8 is a Bezekira (big phantom lion) and 9 is a Hezrou Savage (SERIOUS BADASS DEVIL)

hydra_ex
09-12-2009, 04:09 PM
Summon Monster I summons a Celestial Dog. II is a fiendish Scorpion. III is a Hellhound (by far the most useful of the lower level summons). IV is a spider. I think V is an earth elemental (too big to fit through some doors) and VI is a fiendish troll.

Summoned monsters are fairly limited in their usefulness, as they take a long time to summon and don't last an entire quest (or even close, in most cases). They also can't be given any commands; they attack what they want, run off when they want, and generally cause trouble if they last long enough (the troll in wilderness areas....). If you've got a wizard or cleric, experiment while soloing till you get a feel for how to get the most out of them. In groups, there's often some more useful (or at least less risky) spell you could cast.

qft, with the possible exception of IX, which summons a semi-useful Hezrou. Great for splitting aggro.

I'll just retype and complete the list for convenience.

Summon Monster I - Celestial Dog
Summon Monster II - Fiendish Scorpion
Summon Monster III - Hellhound
Summon Monster IV - Black Widow
Summon Monster V - Earth Elemental (This one is kind of useful as it can earthgrab)
Summon Monster VI - Fiendish Troll
Summon Monster VII - Efreet
Summon Monster VIII - Bezekira
Summon Monster IX - Hezrou (This one is a useful one)

dobbydoodaa
09-12-2009, 06:16 PM
ok i got a scroll for summon 1. now how do i use it

dobbydoodaa
09-12-2009, 06:18 PM
and also im a necromancer. what do i do or revive or reanimate as a necromancer, added to the summon scrolls

Runehammer
09-12-2009, 06:25 PM
and also im a necromancer. what do i do or revive or reanimate as a necromancer, added to the summon scrolls

Well there isn't a necromancer persay in the game atm, you can take a feat for necro focus which makes your nerco spells harder to resist but 90% of those or debuffs and some instakill spells. No reanimating,at some time in a future release there will be pre's for wizards called Pale Master but we have no idea exactly how the will emplement it. For the scroll you can either inscribe it in your spell book or cast it by equiping it and double clicking it or placing it on a hot bar.

dobbydoodaa
09-12-2009, 06:27 PM
then just explain to me how to use summoning scrolls

Arianrhod
09-12-2009, 06:33 PM
then just explain to me how to use summoning scrolls

2 things -

First, if you don't already have the spell in your spellbook (so you can prepare and cast it normally), scribing the scroll would be best. To do that, you get some Level 1 Spell Inscription Materials from an arcane reagnet vendor (there's one in Dagoward's Apothecary in the harbor), hard target the scroll in your inventory (click on it), then click on the Scribe Scroll icon on your hotbar.

If you do already have the spell in your spellbook (or even if you don't, but it seems kind of a waste not to scribe it), you can cast from a scroll by putting the scroll in a quickslot, and clicking it twice once you're in a quest (first click equips the scroll, second casts the spell from it).

dobbydoodaa
09-12-2009, 06:38 PM
so if i scribe it it stays with me forever and if i dont it dissapears forever? and 2nd are the scrolls easy to find?

Runehammer
09-12-2009, 06:49 PM
so if i scribe it it stays with me forever and if i dont it dissapears forever? and 2nd are the scrolls easy to find?

Yes it will stay with you and you'll use spell points to cast it.If you cast it as a scroll it will disapear. There are shops that sell most scrolls in the market place and in certan houses.

hydra_ex
09-12-2009, 06:50 PM

You can buy most scrolls lvl 1-7 at various in game scroll vendors.
Exceptions include:
Wall of Fire
Cloudkill
Dimension Door
Electric Loop
Chain Missle
Acid Touch

and some others too.

to use a scroll, quickbar. Click once to equip it, and once to use it. (slower approach: equip the scroll, then double click on it in your inventory)

Every caster who prepares spells (Rangers, Paladins, Clerics, Wizards) have a certain "spells known" list. At a shrine or tavern, they can select which "spells known" to become "spells prepared". This is known as preparing spells. Only a certain amount of spells of a certain lvl can be prepared at one time. Inscribing a scroll puts that spell on your spells known list.

*Note Favored Souls, Bards and Sorcerers are "Spontaneous" Casters. They have a more limited number of spells known than similar classes, yet their spells known list is the same as the spells prepared list (note that the above classes have more distinction than mentioned above)

Arianrhod
09-12-2009, 06:54 PM

Right. If a wizard scribes a scroll it gets added to his spellbook, where he can swap it into or out of his prepared spells of that level at any shrine or tavern. Casting a spell from a scroll (or scribing it, for that matter) uses up the scroll, so to cast it again from a scroll requires a new scroll. The advantage of scribing is that the spell will always be there if you want to put it in one of your prepared spell slots. The advantage of casting from a scroll is that it doesn't take up one of your prepared spell slots.

Scrolls in general are fairly common loot in quests, and also can be randomly gained from turning in some of the more common collectibles (such as Amber Vials or Pages from a Research Journal). Getting the specific one you want rather than a random one usually requires a trip to a vendor, however - there are low level scroll vendors in the Marketplace.

Arianrhod
09-12-2009, 06:55 PM
*Note Favored Souls and Sorcerers are "Spontaneous" Casters. They have a more limited number of spells known than similar classes, yet their spells known list is the same as the spells prepared list (note that the above classes have more distinction than mentioned above)

Bards are also "spontaneous casters"

hydra_ex
09-12-2009, 06:56 PM
Bards are also "spontaneous casters"

Answering too many questions over one day makes me forget stuff O.O

dobbydoodaa
09-12-2009, 07:15 PM
well then im an idiot cause i lost it

dobbydoodaa
09-12-2009, 07:40 PM
and something else. u cant really get anywhere in the game without playing right?

hydra_ex
09-12-2009, 07:45 PM
and something else. u cant really get anywhere in the game without playing right?

Of course?

Ranmaru2
09-12-2009, 07:47 PM
all improvements in the game to your characters are done by actual play time, unlike EVE (if this is what you're asking). And you're on korthos until you complete the quests Hayden's Rest, cannith crystal, draconic scroll one (name escapes me atm), The collaborator, Redemption, and Misery's Peak on Korthos Island on normal difficulty