PDA

View Full Version : Forums for Guilds

SilverthorneRP
09-12-2009, 08:30 AM
So, I'm really digging the my.ddo.com as a whole. I even made up my guild's website using my.ddo.com in hopes that it could replace a traditional website.

For the most part, it serves it's purpose. But it's lacking one major thing. A forum. Any way to incorporate guild forums onto guild pages in my.ddo.com. I know Wordpress can have embedded forums.

gharet
09-12-2009, 01:17 PM
So, I'm really digging the my.ddo.com as a whole. I even made up my guild's website using my.ddo.com in hopes that it could replace a traditional website.

For the most part, it serves it's purpose. But it's lacking one major thing. A forum. Any way to incorporate guild forums onto guild pages in my.ddo.com. I know Wordpress can have embedded forums.

You're right, in fact we explored the option of a modified SimplePress implementation tied to guild forums. Unfortunately there wasn't enough time to test this thoroughly enough for the initial release, but its definitely in the works. It won't be as full-featured as vBulletin, but the plan is to provide public and private forums, the latter automatically accessible by users with at least one character in the guild. Hopefully you'll see this in the next major update!

Neehla
09-12-2009, 02:18 PM
You're right, in fact we explored the option of a modified SimplePress implementation tied to guild forums. Unfortunately there wasn't enough time to test this thoroughly enough for the initial release, but its definitely in the works. It won't be as full-featured as vBulletin, but the plan is to provide public and private forums, the latter automatically accessible by users with at least one character in the guild. Hopefully you'll see this in the next major update!

We're looking to replace our guild site too. One thing that we have that we really really love is the ability to have people sign up for events. The application we're using actually allows us to stipulate a range of levels and even set up roles (healer, etc.). It would seem to me that this might be a nice progression for myddo since quest information is right there for the picking.