PDA

View Full Version : What realm/class

greyham
09-11-2009, 08:24 PM
i just downloaded this game now and i chose the realm starting with agorsomething (only a one), i live in ontario,canada. So wondering whats the closest one to there as well as are some more full over others and will there be queue's to get into the realm?

i wanna go a cleric but then what path do i follow? whats the best way to go..i dont wanna get to the max level to find out i went the worst one or something (i prob plan on healing)

ty

Bronko
09-11-2009, 11:12 PM
i just downloaded this game now and i chose the realm starting with agorsomething (only a one), i live in ontario,canada. So wondering whats the closest one to there as well as are some more full over others and will there be queue's to get into the realm?

i wanna go a cleric but then what path do i follow? whats the best way to go..i dont wanna get to the max level to find out i went the worst one or something (i prob plan on healing)

ty

Come on over to Ghallanda. That's where all the cool Canucks hang out. Except for Onet. I never did trust the west coast players. ;)

But in answer to you question you will find that the vast majority of players on all servers are English speaking. Unfortunately some don't type as legibly as they speak. :p

A quick work on character pre-generated "paths". I wouldn't get too hung up on what you build. Almost all of us have rerolled our first characters after learning the ins and outs of the game. I'd just go with something that sounds/looks interesting and take it from there. If you want to try and create something yourself you can also search in the class discussion forums (http://forums.ddo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21). There is a discussion area for each class where you can take a look at different builds or ask specific questions about the various classes.

Stanley_Nicholas
09-11-2009, 11:38 PM
All of the servers are physically located in the Boston area, so there should be no difference in terms of ping times. But there are people who log on to them from Europe and Australia, so you'll be just fine where you picked (which also happens to be the server I play on).

As for not gimping your cleric, well, clerics are pretty easy to work with. I'd recommend starting with max wisdom and a few points in con, with the rest wherever else you like. Put all your level up points into wisdom, and you won't have any need to reroll.

greyham
09-12-2009, 10:24 AM
sweet ty guys..ima stuck to the agro realm cause i got the name "graeme" and my last name so im happy aboot that

so the only stats i need for a cleric is max wisdom and some conviction?

Lorien_the_First_One
09-12-2009, 10:29 AM
sweet ty guys..ima stuck to the agro realm cause i got the name "graeme" and my last name so im happy aboot that

so the only stats i need for a cleric is max wisdom and some conviction?

Lots of folks from ont on Argo.

As for a cleric, conviction isn't a stat, maybe you are thinking that's what con is? Con is consititution.

You are right, either 16 or 18 WIS to start.

If you are a melee based cleric you will also want STR

The rest into CON.

greyham
09-12-2009, 10:36 AM
i cant post in the other forums cause im on F2P but im not gonna lie..im so confussed

ive played wow for a while but this is completly different..i dont know what people talk about when they say 14 cleric/2 rougue or something. can u go split classes? what should i go? how do u do that

i want my main ability to be a healer but still be able to handle my own in solo dungeons

any links to a good cleric guide for VERY beginners?

Visty
09-12-2009, 11:01 AM
i cant post in the other forums cause im on F2P but im not gonna lie..im so confussed

ive played wow for a while but this is completly different..i dont know what people talk about when they say 14 cleric/2 rougue or something. can u go split classes? what should i go? how do u do that

i want my main ability to be a healer but still be able to handle my own in solo dungeons

any links to a good cleric guide for VERY beginners?

check out aranticus templates for new players:
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=147492
the build nr 3 might what fit you

and yes, you can multiclass in this game, clr14/rog2 means you have 14 cleric levels and 2 rogue levels but for beginners multiclassing can cause more damage then it benefits you, so better stay pure

greyham
09-12-2009, 11:21 AM
check out aranticus templates for new players:
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=147492
the build nr 3 might what fit you

and yes, you can multiclass in this game, clr14/rog2 means you have 14 cleric levels and 2 rogue levels but for beginners multiclassing can cause more damage then it benefits you, so better stay pure

ty alot
a nuking cleric sounds good for me (i dont know much tho), http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=2383483&postcount=113

if i screw up my skills or stats is there a way to reset ur stuff.

whats lawful good or neutral good or what i chose for that
what are enhancements? do i chose em or buy them. cause it says at level 1 i use
"Enhancement: Follower of the Sovereign Host
Enhancement: Cleric Energy of the Zealot I"

lastly for path do i chose "the font of healing" or customize..i need to chose customize tho for chosing my stats and skills..pretty sure at least

TY alot for ne help

Runehammer
09-12-2009, 11:40 AM
yes go with custom so you can alocate your stat points yourself.Start with a 18 wisdom"this is a must",at least a 12 in con "14 would be better".Maybe 12 str and try to keep Int,Dex and char at a 10 and you'll be fine.Starting stats and skills can not be resepected at this point in time so choose carefully.