PDA

View Full Version : Can't access certain features of myDDO

ChAiNz.2da
09-11-2009, 05:33 PM
Heya gang,

Having some technical issues with myDDO and was wondering if it's just me mucking things up :p

It seems I can't access the My Admin page, nor can I:

- Set/Change a character as main
- add journal entry (500 Internal Server Error)
- add blog entry
- upload images to my gallery (500 Internal Server Error)

Seriously impeding any use of myDDO for me.. heh

I've tried emptying the cache, deleting cookies, logging in/out & closing the browser etc.
I'm on Vista Ultimate (64bit) using Firefox 3.5.3 if that helps but still get the same errors using Internet Exploder ;)

Seems the ONLY thing I can do is edit my profile. My characters are updating fine (via logging in/out of game).. so not sure why some elements work, and some don't.

Am I just missing something overly simple.. or missing the "obvious" in my not-so-obvious way of looking at things? Do I need a certain version of Java/Flash or some other 3rd party app? Any help would be much appreciated. :)

http://my.ddo.com/chainz.2da/

ChAiNz.2da
09-14-2009, 11:05 AM
Just noticed this post (http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=2398425&postcount=4).

Could the possibility of my username containing a period (or any punctuation/special characters) be resulting in the problems. Although I CAN log in, I can't seem to do anything but update the profile.

No blogs, No journals, no uploading pics to the gallery. Pretty much, useless to me until I can access these features.

Would be nice to get a response either here or from the bug report I submitted.

ChAiNz.2da
09-17-2009, 12:08 PM
Tested this on my second account (that has no punctuation in the name) and of course it works flawlessly. So....

a) There's a problem with myDDO and with usernames containing punctuation/special characters, OR
b) There's a problem specific to my main account.

Are the devs looking in to this problem? Seems it's not just related to login/apostrophes but with functionality of the myDDO site dealing with 'special' characters.

Heck, I'd be happy with just letting me change my username (drop the "." ) if it will make the site work as intended (and does) for so many others. :rolleyes:

Strype.McClaine
09-22-2009, 02:28 PM
I'm having the same problems still, pretty much identical. Is it just us with periods and such?

Is there an easy way to say edit my.ddo off site with a editing tool (cutting website load times and such)?

I was Essentially using the same set up (Vista SP:2 Firefox 3/IE 8) and didn't get anywhere.
I recently upgraded to Windows 7 (an early RFM version, early release), and got the exact same results as before (7 functions alot like Vista SP2 in that regard) did you get any results from finding an 98/XP machine and trying to do....ANYTHING?

ChAiNz.2da
09-23-2009, 09:40 AM
No luck on XP (pro) either.

Not sure if it's just with periods, but I'd assume any punctuation will cause problems. Of course, it would help if Turbine saw it fit to answer some questions since they claim to actually read the threads. :rolleyes:

"We're looking in to it" would be fine ya' know... assuming you are. :cool:

Lifeblood
11-03-2009, 08:57 PM
I cannot look up any characters on my ddo even my own
404 error every time

anyone else have this Issue?

others can look up my characters, but from my computer it seems its a no go..any ideas?

Sorry, the page you were looking for could not be found

http://my.ddo.com/search/?s=tico&t=Characters

Zodh
04-17-2011, 01:12 AM
Two years later and I'm still getting the same "Internal Server Error" - can't upload pics, change avatar or add journal entry.
Such a sadness.

donfilibuster
04-17-2011, 12:56 PM
There's a lot of minor bugs that add up, e.g. i can't change posts to show on a specific toon, they all go to the account blog no matter what.

I blame wordpress for all myddo troubles, there's better alternatives out there, specially since ddo has an API.