PDA

View Full Version : ERROR: You must have a valid game subscription to log in.

arminius
09-11-2009, 05:32 PM
I have 3 accounts, one for me and two for my children.

On myddo.com, my account logs in fine. Theirs gives the message: ERROR: You must have a valid game subscription to log in.

Their accounts are active and on the same payment method as mine. Is this a known issue? Is there something I can do on my end to remediate it?

Please advise because the children (being children and therefore particularly into this sort of gee-gaw stuff) are very disappointed that they can't log in and add their character screenshots and otherwise customize their pages.

_

arminius
09-11-2009, 11:06 PM
Never mind. User error. I was using game usernames and passwords instead of forum usernames and passwords, since I was thinking of the characters as being tied to the game accounts instead of the forum accounts, and since the children never use their forum accounts for anything I pretty much forgot about them.

So the answer, in case anyone in the future is as boneheaded as I, is to use the forum accounts.

_

Zombie
09-12-2009, 11:02 PM
Never mind. User error. I was using game usernames and passwords instead of forum usernames and passwords, since I was thinking of the characters as being tied to the game accounts instead of the forum accounts, and since the children never use their forum accounts for anything I pretty much forgot about them.

So the answer, in case anyone in the future is as boneheaded as I, is to use the forum accounts.

_

Yeah, took me most of the night to nut that one out. Something like this should be put into a user guide or something like that?

Either way, good idea to pop the answer up on the forums, good work! :)