PDA

View Full Version : New permadeath video

parvo
09-11-2009, 07:48 AM
Turn up the speakers and enjoy:

www.mortalvoyage.com/Mortal%20Movie.wmv (http://www.mortalvoyage.com/Mortal%20Movie.wmv)

KGWiking
09-11-2009, 08:02 AM
Good stuff Man.

KG

Lessah
09-11-2009, 08:37 AM
Great Video Parvo!

I love the quality and the strat is fantastic! I love to watch casters weild their power responsibly. (Blinding all the hobgoblins and letting the melees have them! Hypno-ing the elemental, then patiently surrounding it and taking it down like it was childs-play! Hypno-ing the giants then dancing them so the melees can take them out at their leisure!)
Very well done and demonstrates nicely how there are different ways to get the job done in DDO!

eldervamp
09-15-2009, 11:18 AM
Greetings...

Awesome video Parvo!!! You should post this in the General DDO area so you can share with all the new people coming to DDO.

Eldervamp

Orohb
09-15-2009, 10:39 PM
Nice video! (have to agree with Mockduck about the song though) :)

Ghirmeshk
09-15-2009, 10:51 PM
Love the video . . . music aside;). This is excellent work. Thank you for sharing this.

Chai
09-23-2009, 02:26 PM
Great Video Parvo!

I love the quality and the strat is fantastic! I love to watch casters weild their power responsibly. (Blinding all the hobgoblins and letting the melees have them! Hypno-ing the elemental, then patiently surrounding it and taking it down like it was childs-play! Hypno-ing the giants then dancing them so the melees can take them out at their leisure!)
Very well done and demonstrates nicely how there are different ways to get the job done in DDO!

I favor party augmentation / smart play casters myself. In my non perma experience, most casters are kill kill kill, dropping maxed empowered extended uber firewalls and taking all the aggro while running in circles, accepting death as an eventuality and a minor set back. Dropping a regular wall of fog and glitterdust while strategically jamming a door will get the same job done without having to hike your wizard skirts up past your ankles and run all over the place. It also costs less mana per encounter in most cases.

I am enjoying the PD experience so far.

parvo
09-26-2009, 01:47 AM
I fully admit I'm too old to know what's cool in music...but still, what's with all the CREED hate? My son digs em...

Gum
09-26-2009, 02:25 AM
Wow. Excellent video. My favorite part was at the end. It was like the warrior took a quick break from the battle to look at his fallen friend. Almost like he was thinking out loud. Good stuff, and what tha heck is wrong with Creed? lol Thanks for sharing bud.

parvo
11-13-2009, 06:52 PM
Totally self serving bump. /shrug :o

Ghoste
11-17-2009, 08:48 PM
I like it.

It's not perma death, but I've just started a low level static group that I am only letting new players into (already full). My goal with them is to teach them how to play as a team, as opposed to 6 people who just happen to be soloing the same quest together. A lot of the tactics I saw in your video reminded me of the mentality I'm trying to teach these newer players. When I set them loose from the static group (probably at lvl 6) I'm hoping they'll be a lot more clever and resilient than your average player (which seems to be something you guys are accomplishing quite well).

parvo
11-18-2009, 06:14 PM
I like it.

It's not perma death, but I've just started a low level static group that I am only letting new players into (already full). My goal with them is to teach them how to play as a team, as opposed to 6 people who just happen to be soloing the same quest together. A lot of the tactics I saw in your video reminded me of the mentality I'm trying to teach these newer players. When I set them loose from the static group (probably at lvl 6) I'm hoping they'll be a lot more clever and resilient than your average player (which seems to be something you guys are accomplishing quite well).

Indeed. It is amazing what can be accomplished with six players of like mind. The most amazing thing about veteran PD players is how well they handle emergencies. We don't always avoid losses, but there are regular occasions that would certainly wipe the average party that we manage to escape.

dmoney2021
12-14-2009, 06:42 PM
Those guys are good!!

Duncani_Daho
12-15-2009, 02:19 AM
Latest Mortal Voyage accomplishment: Lepto (level 9 paladin/monk/ranger) and Modev (level 9 ranger/fighter) duo'd Caverns of Korromar on hard a few days ago. Modev didn't have a deathblock item when they started, but was pleasantly surprised to pull +1 Deathblock studded leather from a chest about halfway through.

Then Lepto cowered while Modev fought the boss. A paladin!?! For shame!

taurean430
12-15-2009, 02:53 AM
Thanks for posting this! It was not only entertaining to myself as a new player; it also reinforces what I have the toughest time getting in groups since day one of playing...

cooperation and concerted effort.

Sadly, I'm pretty attached to my character and wouldn't meet your standard of rerolling on death. Otherwise, I'd beat down your door trying to get in. :) I was yelled at over the mic for the exact same blinding tactic in Shan to Kor in a group I joined. I thought it a pretty effective solution. Spell point efficient as well ;) Kudos to you all for setting a fine teamwork example!

Oh, and you may count me as one who actually liked the soundtrack :)