PDA

View Full Version : Help creating a useful Barb with minimal loot (Aranticus Read me:)

happypuppy
09-10-2009, 10:55 PM
Hi DDO community, I'm new yet very eager and exited to step into this world full of possibilities. After reading the newbie guides, forum posts and wiki I'm still overwhelmed.

I'm looking for a guide or a link that will help me create a Barb that will be an asset to the team, I do have a preference I would like to dps (rapier) and buff people but for my understanding I can still CC and heal just not as the best of them.
This build interests me http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=182727 but the creator didn't put a step by step so I have no clue what's going on.
In conclusion looking for total jack-of-all-trades build with minimal loot while still being helpful to others.
Thanks for any input.

toughguyjoe
09-10-2009, 10:56 PM
you confused the heck out of me.

barD

Not barB.

:D its ok, easy mistake.

However, i am not the man to talk to about Bards.

Sorreh :(

happypuppy
09-12-2009, 01:38 PM
Oh god, sorry I was referring to a BarD must have been a Freudian slip. Maybe I really want a barb :(
Since I haven't gotten any responds how does a premade warchanter stats fair off?, I read that premade are kinda decent and wouldn't want to be useless in endgame.
And dam my idiocy I want to play as a 28pt Human cause he's good looking that and I haven't unlocked a Drow or a 32pt.

At this time I miss Guild Wars, where you can make a useless build, laugh at yourself and then change it with 0 penalty. Also the non-number crunching. I don't have to overthink if a attack is going to hit or how much damage it will do. Maybe if I understand the game mechanics it won't feel so overly complicated.

Just want to be a handsome Barb who is a teamplayer+self-sufficient. Buffing or Dps>heal>CC. :'(

sirgog
09-12-2009, 02:10 PM
Oh god, sorry I was referring to a BarD must have been a Freudian slip. Maybe I really want a barb :(
Since I haven't gotten any responds how does a premade warchanter stats fair off?, I read that premade are kinda decent and wouldn't want to be useless in endgame.
And dam my idiocy I want to play as a 28pt Human cause he's good looking that and I haven't unlocked a Drow or a 32pt.

At this time I miss Guild Wars, where you can make a useless build, laugh at yourself and then change it with 0 penalty. Also the non-number crunching. I don't have to overthink if a attack is going to hit or how much damage it will do. Maybe if I understand the game mechanics it won't feel so overly complicated.

Just want to be a handsome Barb who is a teamplayer+self-sufficient. Buffing or Dps>heal>CC. :'(

Making a Warchanter that's an asset to the party at endgame is pretty easy, and the default one is fine. Humans are a fine choice of race too.

happypuppy
09-12-2009, 03:41 PM
Making a Warchanter that's an asset to the party at endgame is pretty easy, and the default one is fine. Humans are a fine choice of race too.

Cool! guess fine will have to do.
One question about playing as a Warchanter for a while, Gameplay wise do I just swing my sword and ocassionally put a buff or two?
I decided on a Bard cause I want to click a lot of skills in a battle to make it feel like a challange and get worked up not just buff and swing away. I ask for your humble help my DDO Masters.

~Sirgog I really enjoyed reading your "A guide to WoW players that are starting DDO" especially the community part. And a lot of what you typed made me say yes yes that's what makes WoW well wow. Didn't enjoy gameplay, gear, questing, dungeons, community etc only thing I liked was the lore and the environment.
This is the first game well I actually enjoy the dungeons, it feels like a single player game (that's a good thing) with some online components. Thinking of buying some adventure packs if things keep going well.~

Borror0
09-12-2009, 03:44 PM
One question about playing as a Warchanter for a while, Gameplay wise do I just swing my sword and ocassionally put a buff or two?
I decided on a Bard cause I want to click a lot of skills in a battle to make it feel like a challange and get worked up not just buff and swing away.
Playing a warchanter basically means to buff, swing, using Heal scrolls and Fascinate at time.

If you want a lot of skills-uses, spellcaster, monks and paladins might be more suited for your tastes.

Aranticus
09-12-2009, 07:44 PM
Hi DDO community, I'm new yet very eager and exited to step into this world full of possibilities. After reading the newbie guides, forum posts and wiki I'm still overwhelmed.

I'm looking for a guide or a link that will help me create a Barb that will be an asset to the team, I do have a preference I would like to dps (rapier) and buff people but for my understanding I can still CC and heal just not as the best of them.
This build interests me http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=182727 but the creator didn't put a step by step so I have no clue what's going on.
In conclusion looking for total jack-of-all-trades build with minimal loot while still being helpful to others.
Thanks for any input.

making a fighting bard (warchanter) will be quite difficult due to the tight stat distribution a 28 pointer has. also you cannot have it all. good cc = high cha = low str = cant fight

i would recommend 16/12/14/10/8/14 starting stats for a human warchanter, feats you need will be power attack, weapon focus slashing and use falchions. other feats will be the thf line, improve crit and toughness. you have 1 feat left which i recommend extend for double buffing goodness

happypuppy
09-14-2009, 10:46 AM
Playing a warchanter basically means to buff, swing, using Heal scrolls and Fascinate at time.

If you want a lot of skills-uses, spellcaster, monks and paladins might be more suited for your tastes.

I started a Wizard and I'm really liking him, wondering how many spells can I carry at a time when i reach a high level.
If I go spellcaster with a Bard (Buff & heals) does it offer chaotic gameplay like clicking a lot of spells or is it more laid back?