PDA

View Full Version : My list of my.DDO quibbles.

QuantumFX
09-08-2009, 10:56 PM
In no particular order:

Character List:
1) So my main (Arturium) has been logged into DDO everyday since EU launched and and the poor guy doesn’t even have a page.
2) We need a way to actually select which character we want to appear in the main box. (Currently I have to make all my other characters anon to get my main in that spot)
3) Make the non-anon characters go to the top of the character display list.

Friends:
1) I can’t send a friend request to someone who hasn’t logged in yet.

Guild Profile:
1) You should be able to sort the guild roster by name, class, and rank.
2) The Leader link should go to the player profile, not the character profile

More to follow…

QuantumFX
09-08-2009, 10:59 PM
Anonymous:
1) You should have tiers to the anon setting! (ex. Totally Anon, Open to guildies/friends, Open to everyone.)

Borror0
09-09-2009, 01:33 AM
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=200517

Kalari
09-14-2009, 11:11 AM
Here here seriously I have at least 10+ mules/name holders on other servers that are on my page. They dont have character sheets cause I rolled them up to hold a name. I wish there was a way to opt those characters out of this since the chances of them being played anytime soon is slim to none. And like Woreth poor Nyxy still has no character sheet and you know Ive played her she just hit 19. I think it has to do with her being transferred to Thelanis and back though. Because even though shes listed under Sarlona in the signature, Seraoti my mage on Thelanis who I sent from Sarlona is still listed under Sarlona to.

:( Definitely agree about the guild listing to even our own little personal roster is more organized.

gharet
09-14-2009, 11:26 AM
In no particular order:

Character List:
1) So my main (Arturium) has been logged into DDO everyday since EU launched and and the poor guy doesn’t even have a page.
2) We need a way to actually select which character we want to appear in the main box. (Currently I have to make all my other characters anon to get my main in that spot)
3) Make the non-anon characters go to the top of the character display list.

Friends:
1) I can’t send a friend request to someone who hasn’t logged in yet.

Guild Profile:
1) You should be able to sort the guild roster by name, class, and rank.
2) The Leader link should go to the player profile, not the character profile

More to follow…

The ones I have a response to:
Character List:
1) This is a known issue but is a problem with the game client recording data for some chsracters, so an ETA is not available yet
2) You can manually set a character marked as Public as the "main" on your list. There should be an icon to the left of the name of each character in your list while you are logged in, and clicking on it should replace your "main" with the one you chose.

Friends:
1) We do only create profiles for players who log into MyDDO - but friendships must be mutually accepted, so if they don't log in they couldn't accept it anyway! (Nice spin, right? =P)

Guild Profile:
1) This has been fixed for the full page view of the roster, and will be out with the next MyDDO update (no ETA yet)
2) This would cause problems if the character is anonymous, and so the character is used instead so as not to inadvertently link all guild leaders to the player

moorewr
09-14-2009, 12:33 PM
I have only quibble of consequence: anonymous should mean anonymous.

If you opt your character out of the system, all I think someone else (who is logged in to myDDO) should see is the name and a link to contact the owner of the character anonymously.

Garth_of_Sarlona
09-14-2009, 12:37 PM
it would be nice to list the log in reverse time order, so the most recent entries came up first.

also when you check any of the tick boxes it seems to somehow break something if you move pages... in fact moving pages in the log often causes an error and the subsequent repeated flogging of a developer.

Garth

WolfSpirit
09-14-2009, 01:59 PM
I firmly believe I should be able to choose a defalt Character icon to appear next to my name in a party for my multiclassed characters. IE: Favored Soul 8/ Monk2. MUCH rather have the icon Monk instead of FvS. You see? MANY practial uses for this choice.

OOPS!
Wrong Suggestion thread location...
Moving along...

gharet
09-14-2009, 02:34 PM
it would be nice to list the log in reverse time order, so the most recent entries came up first.

also when you check any of the tick boxes it seems to somehow break something if you move pages... in fact moving pages in the log often causes an error and the subsequent repeated flogging of a developer.

Garth

Both of these are fixed and will be coming with the next update :)

QuantumFX
09-14-2009, 06:17 PM
The ones I have a response to:
Character List:
1) This is a known issue but is a problem with the game client recording data for some characters, so an ETA is not available yet

Yeah, I’ve been working with Bracket to try and get you guys some useful info.

2) You can manually set a character marked as Public as the "main" on your list. There should be an icon to the left of the name of each character in your list while you are logged in, and clicking on it should replace your "main" with the one you chose.

It looks like it’s working as intended. At the time I had read a dev post that said that whatever character you changed the anon flag on last was your “main”.

Friends:
1) We do only create profiles for players who log into MyDDO - but friendships must be mutually accepted, so if they don't log in they couldn't accept it anyway! (Nice spin, right? =P)

Meh. I’d rather have friend requests ready when someone goes and checks out their page.

Guild Profile:
1) This has been fixed for the full page view of the roster, and will be out with the next MyDDO update (no ETA yet)

Excellent!

2) This would cause problems if the character is anonymous, and so the character is used instead so as not to inadvertently link all guild leaders to the player.

OK. I see the point on that.

Any plans on doing anon tiers?