PDA

View Full Version : Big Brother Is Watching

Sohryu
09-08-2009, 05:44 PM
Anyone else slightly disturbed by my.DDO.com?

Being able to look up any player and see exactly what they're wearing and what their stats are? Seems a bit stalker-ish to me :eek:

Borror0
09-08-2009, 05:46 PM
Don't like it? Then, don't turn your players from anonymous. You can't hide it all.

Ciaran
09-08-2009, 05:50 PM
Uh, not at all. This has been around since the days of UO.

Hell, most people don't bat an eyelash at the Yellow Gremlin AoC database, and the people who run that site aren't affiliated with Funcom.

Isn't there an option to set your profile to private? If not, there should be.

But in principle, nah doesn't bother me at all.

AldaronTavish
09-08-2009, 05:50 PM
Paranoid people seems to be everywhere. This SAME EXACT topic came up many times when my.lotro.com came online.

Borror0
09-08-2009, 05:53 PM
Paranoid people seems to be everywhere.
Didn't you hear? The conspiracy theorist and the NBO want to make us go insane. (http://is.gd/32bad)

Sohryu
09-08-2009, 05:56 PM
Paranoid people seems to be everywhere. This SAME EXACT topic came up many times when my.lotro.com came online.

Not paranoid, just don't see the need for it. I'd rather have more than 7 new quests than this. Besides it's no one's business how many HPs I have, what my saves are, what armor I'm wearing or what's in my belt slot.

lifestaker
09-08-2009, 05:59 PM
the fact is you should not have to ask to hide on the site, or to have you toons removed from the site/ anonymous. you should have been asked to put said information onto an open viewing for people at their leisure.

ya it would ok to show what a toon is by lvl class and guild, but not every item said person has on, and character info.

Sohryu
09-08-2009, 06:01 PM
the fact is you should not have to ask to hide on the site, or to have you toons removed from the site/ anonymous. you should have been asked to put said information onto an open viewing for people at their leisure.

ya it would ok to show what a toon is by lvl class and guild, but not every item said person has on, and character info.

Exactly. People should have been able to choose to participate, in other words, my.DDO starts out blank and if you want you can go there and upload all your character info. Just automatically putting up everyone's information without their consent kinda goes too far, IMO.

Quikster
09-08-2009, 06:05 PM
Why? Why should youre stuff be blank unless you decide to list it for peeps to see?

AldaronTavish
09-08-2009, 06:07 PM
Technically the info is Turbine's and can do what they want with it.

What's the big deal? Not like someone can track you to your home or anything. Some people just like to compare.

Even though I haven't checked out my.ddo.com yet there should be options to turn public viewing off. Things like that were added to my.lotro.com and I think it was on by default.

Suggest going to the lotro forums and search for similar subjects, trust me it was beat to death there.

In fact just signed in to my.ddo and this is what it says when I list my characters

"Character Visibility Current Sytem Default: Anonymous - This is subject to change. If a character does not have a radio button filled in, this value will be used."

Baltire
09-08-2009, 06:30 PM
WOW.....

that is all.....

No its not all.....

You actually care about this???

Like Really.....

Really Really????

I suggest a long vacation and then a nap, after that maybe another vacation, cause I think you might need to lighten up a little bit.

Strakeln
09-08-2009, 06:31 PM
When signing up for the forums, Turbine recommends that the user not use their in-game name for their forum name. While I disagree with in-game anonymity, I respect the desires of others to remain anonymous.

Turbine should have considered this before opting everything as public, IMO.

Sohryu
09-08-2009, 06:34 PM
WOW.....

that is all.....

No its not all.....

You actually care about this???

Like Really.....

Really Really????

I suggest a long vacation and then a nap, after that maybe another vacation, cause I think you might need to lighten up a little bit.

Wow, last time I checked I was allowed to have an opinion different from yours.

Borror0
09-08-2009, 06:42 PM
The default setting is anonymous.

Mindspat
09-08-2009, 06:44 PM

Is it any worse then my.yahoo.com?

silverraven
09-08-2009, 06:55 PM
http://my.ddo.com/INSERTNAMEHERE/profile/mycharacters/

To set your preferences

Mockduck
09-08-2009, 06:57 PM
It's been pretty entertaining seeing how many Drizzts and Raistlins there are out there....

Sohryu
09-08-2009, 07:01 PM
http://my.ddo.com/INSERTNAMEHERE/profile/mycharacters/

To set your preferences

Does not work, all my characters are still visible.

The only privacy setting I see other than this is something about being found on search engines.

I'd rather just have a box I can check to disable this feature altogether, to effectively "not exist" on my.ddo.com.

wemery73
09-08-2009, 07:01 PM
pretty cool :D

AldaronTavish
09-08-2009, 07:14 PM
Some note from the my.lotro forums, please note the "Privacy Please" section

Things I wish everyone using my.lotro.com learns quickly before making more posts about these subjects...

Coin Balances Visible: No one can see the coin balances on your characters except for you...when you are logged in.

Avatar Upload Problems: The tool for uploading player profile avatars is currently a bit weird. Do not start out with images sized to final dimension. Start with big images or screen shots (500x500 pixels or larger seems to be working well), and use the in-place crop tool to make them the size you want.

Anonymous Not Working: Setting your character to anonymous means that it is anonymous TOWARDS YOUR PLAYER ACCOUNT. Anonymous means the link between the player account and the character is invisible...NOT that the character will be removed from my.lotro.com. Everyone will still be able to look-up and see stats for any character, they just can't trace it back to your player account.

Character Event Info: Character event timestamps will have options to be hidden in a future update. Per Marketroid: We're currently testing an update that will remove the character log display entirely for characters that are not associated with a public profile (ie. Anonymous). http://forums.lotro.com/showpost.php...&postcount=101 (http://forums.lotro.com/showpost.php?p=3207494&postcount=101)

Privacy Please!: Multiple suggestions have already been made about having options for the display of character specifics. Please consider posting replies to one of those threads before creating a new thread on the subject. However, please remember that per Section 5 of the the End User License Agreement (EULA), Turbine has the right to display your character names and game data http://www.lotro.com/component/content/article/218-eula .

___ Doesn't Show: If you are having problems seeing your player, kinship, or character accounts, it may be due to having a semi-colon in the profile text fields. A work-around is discussed here http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=236465

Where is My Account/Character: Accounts or character that have had names changes may not be appearing in the system. This is a known issue. Additionally, there are problems with the system recognizing names that have a form of punctuation in the name (periods, etc.). Another known issue is the fact that the search field requires three characters, however, there are some two-character names out there.

Main Character Designation: By default, your highest level character associated with your player account will show as your "main." To change this to a different character, log in, go to the character list on the side of your player account main page, and look for the little yellow button to the right of the character names. Clicking that button will make the associated character your default character.

kingfisher
09-08-2009, 07:20 PM
so do you have to sign up and be active on the myddo thing for all your **** to be visible or is it already?

and yes, i think it sucks, just like i think myface and geighbook and all those other net****ing site do. u wanna know something about me, ask. otherwise **** and go away.

Sohryu
09-08-2009, 07:28 PM
Some note from the my.lotro forums, please note the "Privacy Please" section

Things I wish everyone using my.lotro.com learns quickly before making more posts about these subjects...

I'm sorry that I don't read things about LoTRO since I play DDO :confused:

I'm not some paranoid conspiracy theorist, I don't have anything to hide about my characters and I'm not afraid of people thinking I'm "gimp". I just want an "opt out" button, I really don't think it's too much to ask for.

AldaronTavish
09-08-2009, 08:32 PM
I'm sorry that I don't read things about LoTRO since I play DDO :confused:

I'm not some paranoid conspiracy theorist, I don't have anything to hide about my characters and I'm not afraid of people thinking I'm "gimp". I just want an "opt out" button, I really don't think it's too much to ask for.

I posted it because
1) Turbine runs both DDO & LotRO
2) Same system
3) all your concerns have been posted there so maybe read those threads before bringing it up here as Turbine is already aware of most of the concerns.

Personally I don't see the big deal about it all. It's not like anything links to real life info, big deal if someone knows details of your character.

Memnir
09-08-2009, 10:31 PM
You can also just simply disable the Character Widgets from being displayed...

My Admin/Appearance/Widgets

Turn off any you don't want to have displayed. Be interesting to see if we can eventually import any.

Thriand
09-08-2009, 10:38 PM

As far as I can tell setting all your characters as anonymous doesn't keep them from being seen, just doesn't link them to your profile.

7-day_Trial_Monkey
09-08-2009, 10:42 PM
Exactly. People should have been able to choose to participate, in other words, my.DDO starts out blank and if you want you can go there and upload all your character info. Just automatically putting up everyone's information without their consent kinda goes too far, IMO.

Read the TOS.. it's not your stuff.

The End.

FluffyCalico
09-08-2009, 10:59 PM
Personally I don't see the big deal about it all. It's not like anything links to real life info, big deal if someone knows details of your character.

you can always keep spare master works in your bank and every time you log off make sure to put on all the masterwork. LOL Then all anyone will know is your level split which they they could get from the LFM anyway.

FluffyCalico
09-08-2009, 11:01 PM

Only issue is that the setting of anonymous doesn't make you anonymous. All anonymous does is not link your posts to your toons. It in no way keeps people from typing in your toon name and seeing everything. IE its about as anonymous as FTP is free.

Thriand
09-08-2009, 11:06 PM
Read the TOS.. it's not your stuff.

The End.

Not giving a working option of disabling it is just bad business.

The End.

Ranmaru2
09-08-2009, 11:17 PM
I think with this option we're going to see like 20,000 people making Oddlived's build all over the servers and then play it and not know what to do.

The fact that builds are available for people to see now kinda ticks me off, since now people can just look up your character, see the stats, have a rough idea of what your feats are and then prance off and level one up taking a fat guess (which ain't that hard) about when feats were taken and level order and we've now created the WoW world of characters where everyone and their mother is dressed just the same. Problem is people won't know how to play it, and then might make builds look bad for raids and then kinda create a downhill effect for people trying to join a raid with the same build.

(This might be a total exaggeration for how PUGs might be once others start getting to the level we're at - New players in less than 10 hours, but it is a possibility)

Lewcipher
09-08-2009, 11:24 PM
You mean what my characters are wearing? Cuz if you knew I was in boxers and socks with a little sack hangin' would you really look?

FluffyCalico
09-08-2009, 11:30 PM
Little

Lmao

Lewcipher
09-08-2009, 11:33 PM
Lmao

I mean, c'mon. It's improper to have a lot hangin' out!

TechNoFear
09-08-2009, 11:36 PM
Is it any worse then my.yahoo.com?

You have a choice to be involved with my.yahoo.com etc.

I do not appear to have a choice in being involved in my.DDO.

I am unable to disable public viewing (removing the character widgit and explicitly setting all to anon does not work).

dv8maker123
09-08-2009, 11:41 PM
not too dissimilar to SOE's player profiles. People like to see what the elite members have aquired. Consider it sort of a status symbol section. Anywho, at the end of the day, it's not like they are taking picutres of your wife and kids...its a toon on a video game (we save the family photos for the federal government after all)..

bandyman1
09-09-2009, 12:34 AM
Not saying I'm for or against this ( I could honestly care less either way ), but I have to ask;

*** are all the peeps who swarmed all over the mere suggestion that there be an icon to designate FtP players???

I mean hell; It was compared to gold starring the Jews for crying out loud.

So; People are perfectly fine with a system that will let someone look up any toon that applies to their LFM before accepting ( and if you don't think people will use this tech to screen LFM apps, you're a moron ), seeing gear, stats, ect?

But they raise holy hell when someone suggests that maybe it'd be a good idea to know who will actually even be able to run the quest they're planning? Because " people would only use this to exclude others " ? :rolleyes:

LMFAO. This is the funniest **** I've seen on the boards in months.

Thriand
09-09-2009, 12:49 AM
But they raise holy hell when someone suggests that maybe it'd be a good idea to know who will actually even be able to run the quest they're planning? Because " people would only use this to exclude others " ?

Where did anyone in this thread say it was because "people would only use this to exclude others"

Sure this might be used for screening pugs but I think the main point here is that Turbine should give their customers the right to choose whether or not to have their characters information public.

baddax
09-09-2009, 01:08 AM
people will screen regardless. If a person is anonymous they will be overlooked as inferior or gimped and/or trying to hide something.

My only personal gripe is that many people do not necessarily want there entire build laid out for all to see. Not because they have anything to hide but a build is a personal thing. If i want to tell someone my stats etc then that is compltely up to me.

Leadsides
09-09-2009, 01:12 AM
It's too late to gripe about any of this. Unless Turbine decides to can this project, we will all have to simply put up with knowing our character information is public. While being asked first would have been polite and respectful to the player base (especially the paying members.. ), it's not that big of a deal. The information displayed is only semi-helpful if someone wanted to use it as a base for planning their own character. Where a character's stats come from, skill set, enhancements, starting build and points, etc. are all non-disclosed information that would be critical to replicating a build. So I don't believe anyone has to worry about getting "copied".

As for using the database as a filter for LFMs, that is an evil we will have to learn to live with. For the same reasons that prevent someone from copying your build, an LFM leader will only be able to guess at what a character can do from this limited information. As for becoming anonymous, that might be worse for someone as it could be taken as an attempt to hide a horribly gimped character from the public eye. There's no way to overcome the LFM "applicant review" except to wait until it's proven that the lack of information makes using the database for screening unreliable at best.

bandyman1
09-09-2009, 01:19 AM
Where did anyone in this thread say it was because "people would only use this to exclude others"

Sure this might be used for screening pugs but I think the main point here is that Turbine should give their customers the right to choose whether or not to have their characters information public.

No one in this thread did.

Perhaps my communication should have been clearer.

Let me break it down for you;

A few days ago, someone posted a thread about having an icon or some such to designate FtP and ViP players. The person posted that they wanted this, because they'd had loads of problems with FtP players joining their LFMs, and then not having access to the content being run.

People flamed the holy hell out of the idea, claiming that it would only be used to exclude people. It was even compared to Hitler and the Nazi's persecution of the Jews ( which is stupid. We're talking about a video game FFS ).

So; I want to know where are those people are now? All I see for the most part is people telling the OP that this isn't a big deal.

But if anyone thinks for one second that the " elitests " ( as we're called ) won't be using this tech to see and compare what Joe-Bob the Harbor Noob, and John-Doe the Unguilded will be bringing to our raids when they both apply to our LFMs, then they're fooling themselves.

So; Where the hell are the outraged forum goers? After all; I can pretty much tell you that this tech is going to be used to exclude peeps based on gear, stats, build, ect.

baddax
09-09-2009, 01:26 AM
It's too late to gripe about any of this. Unless Turbine decides to can this project, we will all have to simply put up with knowing our character information is public. While being asked first would have been polite and respectful to the player base (especially the paying members.. ), it's not that big of a deal. The information displayed is only semi-helpful if someone wanted to use it as a base for planning their own character. Where a character's stats come from, skill set, enhancements, starting build and points, etc. are all non-disclosed information that would be critical to replicating a build. So I don't believe anyone has to worry about getting "copied".

As for using the database as a filter for LFMs, that is an evil we will have to learn to live with. For the same reasons that prevent someone from copying your build, an LFM leader will only be able to guess at what a character can do from this limited information. As for becoming anonymous, that might be worse for someone as it could be taken as an attempt to hide a horribly gimped character from the public eye. There's no way to overcome the LFM "applicant review" except to wait until it's proven that the lack of information makes using the database for screening unreliable at best.

Anyone can figure out where build stat points come from. You may not be 100% but you can get 90% corect. For example if a see a 10 fighter with a 26 str then i can assume 3 stat points come from enhancements. This my not be 100% correct but it will not be far off.

HumanJHawkins
09-09-2009, 01:31 AM

Being able to look up any player and see exactly what they're wearing and what their stats are? Seems a bit stalker-ish to me :eek:

Wow. I'm a bit surprised by this. The industry standard is to let people opt in, rather than posting it and then telling them to opt out if they don't like it.

But not a big deal. I'll just have to remember to put on masterwork stuff before I log out to maintain the illusion of gimp that is so difficult to maintain for an uber guy like me. :D

baddax
09-09-2009, 01:31 AM
Most of my builds have AC and HP listed in my BIO, Some have there saves listed. I dont see anything wrong with that. I personally dont think Stats (STR,DEX,WIS) should be listed. Items are situational and swapped out easily/frequently so i dont see an issue with that.

Ranmaru2
09-09-2009, 02:29 AM

Actually the stat points and allocations/starting stats are all pretty easily shown by the +X next to each stat. The level points and Tomes used are represented in their associated values, and while one can argue that one wouldn't know if it's 3-4 lvl pts in one place and 1 in another, it's pretty easy to figure out (especially since there hasn't been a +4 tome drop as far as I'm aware).

After that, it's looking at enhancements to match what is shown that will create an easy replication process. Then again I do like the Greensteel and DT armors not showing what their enchantments are, so that allows for more guessing, but it does make it pretty easy to copy.

Tinrae
09-09-2009, 03:33 AM

Not disturbed at all.

I don't really care that some internet stranger can go look up the imaginary armor and stats on my video game avatar.

Kriogen
09-09-2009, 04:02 AM
So; I want to know where are those people are now? All I see for the most part is people telling the OP that this isn't a big deal.

But if anyone thinks for one second that the " elitests " ( as we're called ) won't be using this tech to see and compare what Joe-Bob the Harbor Noob, and John-Doe the Unguilded will be bringing to our raids when they both apply to our LFMs, then they're fooling themselves.

So; Where the hell are the outraged forum goers? After all; I can pretty much tell you that this tech is going to be used to exclude peeps based on gear, stats, build, ect.
I'm here.

Turbine, remove any kind of link between my chars and my.ddo.com or I hit 'cancel subscription' button. No I will not click some 'option' or 'profile', you do it.

If I want to join, I will hit 'join' button, but I hate ninja invites.

FluffyCalico
09-09-2009, 04:11 AM
I'm here.

Turbine, remove any kind of link between my chars and my.ddo.com or I hit 'cancel subscription' button. No I will not click some 'option' or 'profile', you do it.

If I want to join, I will hit 'join' button, but I hate ninja invites.

You could not turn it off even if you wanted. You can only sepreate them from your form ID

SirShen
09-09-2009, 04:41 AM
Wow. I'm a bit surprised by this. The industry standard is to let people opt in, rather than posting it and then telling them to opt out if they don't like it.

But not a big deal. I'll just have to remember to put on masterwork stuff before I log out to maintain the illusion of gimp that is so difficult to maintain for an uber guy like me. :D

HAHA thats a great idea.

Riorik
09-09-2009, 04:52 AM

But you don't own the data. There's not even an implied right to privacy unless Turbine explictly grants it.

Pyromaniac
09-09-2009, 04:53 AM
Doesn't appear default to anon is working at all...I'm not even sure it works when you tell it you want anon.

FluffyCalico
09-09-2009, 05:02 AM
Doesn't appear default to anon is working at all...I'm not even sure it works when you tell it you want anon.

Again anon does not make people unable to look, it only seperates your toon from your form ID. If they type in the toon name they will see it even when anon. This is not a bug (it's stupid and needs to go away, but not a bug)

Dark_Uncle72
09-09-2009, 05:23 AM
It's a game ppl not a personal's site...geeze...sides...I kinda like it:D

vainangel
09-09-2009, 05:41 AM
i am worried my halfling wiz will be stalked or something...

Kriogen
09-09-2009, 05:45 AM
You could not turn it off even if you wanted. You can only sepreate them from your form ID
So it's not an option.

But you don't own the data. There's not even an implied right to privacy unless Turbine explictly grants it.
K, I get that. Well, when I subscribed to DDO, I assumed there is. What's next, my home address, email?

Then Turbine will not "own" my money.

Well nothing lasts forever I guess.

ariel7
09-09-2009, 06:00 AM

Sounds good really does. The reality is it doesn't really work that way. It like the Titan raid. It was fine. They tried something new and now it's not working. All I ask is the ability to opt out or make a character be try anonymous.

Borror0
09-09-2009, 06:10 AM
Sounds good really does. The reality is it doesn't really work that way. It like the Titan raid. It was fine. They tried something new and now it's not working. All I ask is the ability to opt out or make a character be try anonymous.
I would like the ability to disassociate characters from my account, like they let us do with MyLOTRO if that is what you mean.

However, if you look up any of my character, everyone but their name and level is hidden by default like I said. Now, maybe your characters are bugged and even putting them anonymous does not let you hide all information but it works for me, so consider it a bug. And, by that, I mean bug report it.

ariel7
09-09-2009, 06:21 AM
I would like the ability to disassociate characters from my account, like they let us do with MyLOTRO if that is what you mean.

However, if you look up any of my character, everyone but their name and level is hidden by default like I said. Now, maybe your characters are bugged and even putting them anonymous does not let you hide all information but it works for me, so consider it a bug. And, by that, I mean bug report it.

well if they can see name level race and class I won't complain. But stats gear and last quests I did is bonkers. They way you describe it working in lotro is acceptable to me. I did bug report it but have less than zero confidence that bug reports are investigated at all. On iPhone so typing slow but will see if I can see your namesake pally.

ariel7
09-09-2009, 06:39 AM

no it doesn't work for you either. Your fighter with two pally has an odd number dex con and int. Chattering ring, and apparently you have a bow bc you have arrows equipped.

To replicate do a search for your charcter name. Maybe your bug report will be heeded.

Borror0
09-09-2009, 06:41 AM
well if they can see name level race and class I won't complain. But stats gear and last quests I did is bonkers. They way you describe it working in lotro is acceptable to me.
I'm not sure if it's possible, currently, to hide the last quests you did on your profile but I know that you can hide stats and gear.

People can see your character list if they visist your profile, at the moment, but they can't see those characters' gear nor their stats. Ideally, I would like them to let us chose which characters is tied to our forum account. Like that, I could reveal the characters I feel comfortable revealing and hide the others so that no one knows that this is me.

I did bug report it but have less than zero confidence that bug reports are investigated at all.
I have seen bracket being incredibly efficient fixing bugs with MyLOTRO, if that helps in any way.

On iPhone so typing slow but will see if I can see your namesake pally.
It's a fighter. 17fighter/2paladin at the moment.

Vallin
09-09-2009, 06:43 AM
When signing up for the forums, Turbine recommends that the user not use their in-game name for their forum name. .

That's interesting - I never noticed that - but it was over 3 years ago. I guess it never bothered me but I can see advantage to disconnecting forums from game names.

All that aside, I agree that they should have started with everyone anon out of consideration for those who are concerned about such things, for whatever reason.

Vallin

Borror0
09-09-2009, 06:45 AM
To replicate do a search for your charcter name. Maybe your bug report will be heeded.
Weird. Yesterday it used to tell me it was anonymous. And, yeah, bug reported.

no it doesn't work for you either. Your fighter with two pally has an odd number dex con and int.
Ya, currently swappinhg gear around so it looks a bit odd. :p

FluffyCalico
09-09-2009, 06:47 AM
Weird. Yesterday it used to tell me it was anonymous. And, yeah, bug reported.

Currently what it does is sepaerate your toon names from your form name.

Elsbet
09-09-2009, 06:52 AM
When signing up for the forums, Turbine recommends that the user not use their in-game name for their forum name. While I disagree with in-game anonymity, I respect the desires of others to remain anonymous.

Acutally, they recommend that your account name (the name you use to log in and pay your subscription) not be the same as your forum name. My forum name and in-game name are the same, but my account name is so wildly off-base, no one would ever guess it.

Kerrn_Siff
09-09-2009, 07:01 AM
so I hope now people who use that will choose to be impressed that I do so much with so little as opposed to kicking my toons from their groups for being sub-par lol :)

Missing_Minds
09-09-2009, 08:02 AM
Does not work, all my characters are still visible.

The only privacy setting I see other than this is something about being found on search engines.

I'd rather just have a box I can check to disable this feature altogether, to effectively "not exist" on my.ddo.com.

Well I hope you can see your own characters. Duh.

Hendrik
09-09-2009, 08:56 AM
Not paranoid, just don't see the need for it. I'd rather have more than 7 new quests than this. Besides it's no one's business how many HPs I have, what my saves are, what armor I'm wearing or what's in my belt slot.

Might have an argument if the Web team worked on game content.

Hendrik
09-09-2009, 08:59 AM

Well, people do that now with anon players in game don't they?

Shmuel
09-09-2009, 10:23 AM
I dont like this. I want the option to hide my toons' info.

bellack
09-09-2009, 02:40 PM
I posted it because
1) Turbine runs both DDO & LotRO
2) Same system
3) all your concerns have been posted there so maybe read those threads before bringing it up here as Turbine is already aware of most of the concerns.

Um he should not have to go to the LOTRO forums when he only plays DDO. So if this issue is posted over there then Gooddie Twoshoes for them but this has nothing to do with DDO unless they post it here as well. Oh and by the way the two games are very different I should know I have a Life Time in LOTRO and I play DDO.

Kalari
09-09-2009, 03:00 PM
Read all of this found out about the site last night. The problem I have with it is it looks slapped together too quickly. Many guilds already have sites set up with member rosters that are way neater and organized then that one. And the ability to see a full guild list while it may seem convenient for new players also can be used for griefing as others have mentioned.

Personally I dont care if people see what I have though I can imagine there maybe issues with people getting tells in game over silly things like items they have or unwarranted build advice. And before nay sayers try to say it wont happen trust me it does before this site came out and will only continue to do so now that people have picture proof of so called gimpiness. And I had my stuff set to anon but it does not stop a person from searching out character names and finding everything and it has a detailed list of mules I have while omitting girls ive gotten nearly to level 20. So hopefully they will overhaul it. I mean if your gonna put an effort into something like this why not make it look neater and be accurate?

thats my rant on it hopefully the site wont be a burden to people, I think thats a main worry for many who dont want their character info made so public.

Baltire
09-10-2009, 01:42 AM
Wow, last time I checked I was allowed to have an opinion different from yours.

Wrong.....This is the internet and the only opinion that matters here is mine.....

akiraproject24
09-10-2009, 10:27 PM
I dont care a bit if peeps see what im packin....dont even sweat it

Kuroyume
09-11-2009, 12:17 AM
meh... it's just like the WoW Armory.

in WoW at least, while it has lead to people checking out other before grouping with them, and to Cookie Cutter builds, it has also turned into a great tool, thanks to an API that allows developers to parse the data.

It also allows people to ask questions and link to their characters, and in return get answers tailored to their personal situation.

Vizzini
09-13-2009, 12:38 PM
You know I don't really like the fact that I'm forced to use RED THEME for My.DDO isn't there someway I could be a Progressive BLUE ish color.

All the pessimism over Privacy issues and junk reminds me of something else more important taking place in the news atm.. (Not making the link, you can do that yourself)

idbi
09-14-2009, 03:20 AM
You know I don't really like the fact that I'm forced to use RED THEME for My.DDO isn't there someway I could be a Progressive BLUE ish color.

All the pessimism over Privacy issues and junk reminds me of something else more important taking place in the news atm..

Yeah, but this isn't the place to discuss things that you consider more important taking place in the news ... it's a thread in an area of an internet messageboard specifically dedicated to the general discussion of my.ddo.com

(Not making the link, you can do that yourself)

No, I will not make the link, you make it for me or it's not happening.