PDA

View Full Version : Guild Admin

Durack
09-08-2009, 04:02 PM
Under Users, Authors & Users, can you only have 1 Administrator? I'm trying to set another officer in the guild as an Administrator and it keeps reverting them back to Editor.

bracket
09-08-2009, 04:43 PM
I'll look into that issue specifically (could be a bug), just want to give a quick overview of how guild blog permissions are intended to work.

Here's how it should work:

Initial permissions are based on guild rank in the game:

- Leader = Administrator
- Officer = Editor
- Member and Below = Contributor

Admins can do everything. Editors cannot change user permissions. Contributors can only post drafts for an editor or admin to publish.

Any time the rank changes in the game, that person's web access will be changed to follow (new officer rank automatically gets editor access, kicked member gets removed completely).

You should be able to change their rank manually as an admin (for example, give a member access to post anything without requiring them to be an officer in game or even demote an officer if you don't want them speaking for your guild). Those permissions should hold unless their guild rank in the game changes.

Brynjolf
09-08-2009, 06:49 PM
How does one change those permissions manually? I am the leader of my guild and I went to the guild admin Authors and Users page, but the only name I see there is my own. Actually, I see "anonymous" with one of my character names listed below, but I don't see any of my other guild members even though their characters show up the guild member list. Do they have to have a "public" character before I can see their user name in the guild Authors and Users page?

BurnerD
09-09-2009, 07:16 AM
Bracket,

Can a Guild Leader give admin access to an officer?

Thanks

bracket
09-09-2009, 11:06 AM
How does one change those permissions manually? I am the leader of my guild and I went to the guild admin Authors and Users page, but the only name I see there is my own. Actually, I see "anonymous" with one of my character names listed below, but I don't see any of my other guild members even though their characters show up the guild member list. Do they have to have a "public" character before I can see their user name in the guild Authors and Users page?

Users won't show up until they log in and create an account on the site, so that could be why you only see yourself currently.

bracket
09-09-2009, 11:07 AM
Bracket,

Can a Guild Leader give admin access to an officer?

Thanks

Yes, they should be able to do if they decide that is desired. As reported originally, there may be an issue with this that we're looking into.

BurnerD
09-09-2009, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the respone :)