PDA

View Full Version : Customizing My Page

tralese
09-08-2009, 03:13 PM
I thought I would create a quick thread about customizing your personal page where people could post questions about this topic and get answers for others in the know.

My first question is: Is it possible for my calendar to show up on my personal page? If yes, how would I do this?

aylwyne
09-08-2009, 03:40 PM
Unfortunately, the calendar is currently only associated with guild pages. We're looking into it to see if there's a short-term workaround to getting it to show up on the player page.

However, while I'm here I figure I'd give folks some general info on how to customize their page.

If you log in to MyDDO and then click the 'My Admin' link in the top utility bar, you will get to the Wordpress admin page. In the left menu, select 'Appearance' > 'Widgets'. This is where you can add/remove/move widgets on your page.

As we move forward, we plan on adding more ways to customize your page (styles, etc.). For now, it's mostly what content to show and how to arrange that content.

NOTE: Some widgets may not look good in one column or the other. We haven't yet had the chance to go through each widget and fine-tune the layout for both the narrow and wide columns.

tralese
09-08-2009, 03:45 PM
Unfortunately, the calendar is currently only associated with guild pages. We're looking into it to see if there's a short-term workaround to getting it to show up on the player page.

However, while I'm here I figure I'd give folks some general info on how to customize their page.

If you log in to MyDDO and then click the 'My Admin' link in the top utility bar, you will get to the Wordpress admin page. In the left menu, select 'Appearance' > 'Widgets'. This is where you can add/remove/move widgets on your page.

As we move forward, we plan on adding more ways to customize your page (styles, etc.). For now, it's mostly what content to show and how to arrange that content.

NOTE: Some widgets may not look good in one column or the other. We haven't yet had the chance to go through each widget and fine-tune the layout for both the narrow and wide columns.

Thanks for the reply. As an FYI, I did find a little workaround on this issue. I created a new link in the links section of my admin page, which links to my calendar. I opened my calendar in another page and copy pasted the URL to the calendar in there and it added the link to my calendar in the link section of my home page.

So now if I go to my home page and click on the links button, I have a calendar option that pops down and when I click on my calendar it opens my calendar in a new page. Whether others can view this or not is another question since I haven't found anyone to try the link out yet.