PDA

View Full Version : Favor Grinder Build?

onethreeone
09-06-2009, 07:49 PM
I'm looking to roll a toon for the sole purpose of earning Drow favor on a server. I won't ever raid with him, and he might never get past level 10.

What would be the best build to solo all the early elite quests in order to unlock 400 favor for the Drow unlock?

BlackSteel
09-06-2009, 08:02 PM
dwarf or WF battlecleric

WF for immunities

or dwarf for the early axe damage and high AC via mithral full plate.

high STR/con and wouldnt worry about wisdom too much, altho soundburst does rock, but the majority of the nice save spells are higher lvl than u'll b going

Asketes
09-06-2009, 08:08 PM
or wf wizzy/sorc

onethreeone
09-06-2009, 08:46 PM
dwarf or WF battlecleric

WF for immunities

or dwarf for the early axe damage and high AC via mithral full plate.

high STR/con and wouldnt worry about wisdom too much, altho soundburst does rock, but the majority of the nice save spells are higher lvl than u'll b going

Well, the theory behind the Drow favor grind was to avoid paying for a race in the first place, so WF would be out as an option. Sounds like Dwarven Battlecleric might be the early winner, unless later replies have better suggestions.

For those on the Dwarven Battlecleric side, is this the template that you'd go with? http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=1895558&postcount=47

Thanks.

BlackSteel
09-06-2009, 08:54 PM
more STR, less wisdom IF you only plan on doing 400 favor with him. Wisdom isnt very important in the harbor/market, but is very useful later on. Since the only good DC spell you'll have while grinding 400 will be single target command. And its easier just to swat the monster with ur axe.

onethreeone
09-06-2009, 09:26 PM
more STR, less wisdom IF you only plan on doing 400 favor with him. Wisdom isnt very important in the harbor/market, but is very useful later on. Since the only good DC spell you'll have while grinding 400 will be single target command. And its easier just to swat the monster with ur axe.

So since this thread is getting more action than the templates one:

I tried to roll this char, but the Dwarf doesn't get axe proficiencies off the bat. Should I take that as the first feat, then, over toughness? Or does he magically get it at lvl2? (Thanks for answering the newbie questions!)

SquelchHU
09-06-2009, 10:09 PM
So since this thread is getting more action than the templates one:

I tried to roll this char, but the Dwarf doesn't get axe proficiencies off the bat. Should I take that as the first feat, then, over toughness? Or does he magically get it at lvl2? (Thanks for answering the newbie questions!)

Dwarves treat their waraxe as a martial weapon. You still need martial weapon proficiency. Use maces or take a level of one class that grants them if you want the axe.

netarc
09-07-2009, 07:53 PM
About how long would it take (in terms of # of quests, or the grinder's endlevel) to earn 400 favor points to unlock drow? Any specific quest series/order one should undertake?

Upon earning 400 favor, does that unlock the drow race for your account on ALL servers, and allow for multiple drow toons? Or is it one toon, limited to only on the server where the grinder played?

SquelchHU
09-07-2009, 07:57 PM
About how long would it take (in terms of # of quests, or the grinder's endlevel) to earn 400 favor points to unlock drow? Any specific quest series/order one should undertake?

Upon earning 400 favor, does that unlock the drow race for your account on ALL servers, and allow for multiple drow toons? Or is it one toon, limited to only on the server where the grinder played?

If you had no idea what you were doing and did stuff randomly, one week.

You should be able to make as many as you want

Dunno the other answers.

tihocan
09-07-2009, 08:42 PM

400 favor is typically achieved at L6-7.
Unlocking drow through favor unlocks drow on a single server only (and allows for multiple drow characters).
Buying drow in the store unlocks drow on all servers.

NanoEntity
09-09-2009, 11:01 PM
Yeah I'm interested too, what SOLO friendly class/race/build would be good to farm Favor points.

Uska
09-10-2009, 01:10 AM
Dwarven ftr/cleric that way you will get dwarven axe for free I would say

lvl 1 cleric
lvl 2 fighter
Then continue as cleric maybe one more lvl of fighter at some point, also has the advantage of getting you a free feat all martial weapons, tower shield.

eonfreon
09-10-2009, 01:25 AM

Not too long to get a Drow even if you didn't know that Drow was an "objective"to "earn" in the first place. It kind of comes with the territory :) of playing the game.

upon earning 400 Favor you unlock the Drow race on that server and only that server you got 400 Favor on. If you wish to "unlock Drow all at once on all servers" then you need to purchase Drow through the DDOstore or do what I did and play on every server and get your 400 Favor on each individual server.

But don't go crazy, even I didn't try for 1750 on ALL servers, just 3 did it for me ;).

kuro_zero
09-10-2009, 01:35 AM
But don't go crazy, even I didn't try for 1750 on ALL servers, just 3 did it for me ;).

A guild-mate of mine did. Pretty crazy, got 1750 on every server...

And THEN they announced the opening of the new Cannith server. :rolleyes:

eonfreon
09-10-2009, 01:38 AM
Dwarven ftr/cleric that way you will get dwarven axe for free I would say

lvl 1 cleric
lvl 2 fighter
Then continue as cleric maybe one more lvl of fighter at some point, also has the advantage of getting you a free feat all martial weapons, tower shield.

BTW this is indeed one of the best solo, I don't care about anything else but getting enough favor for 32 point, builds out there.
However, a Cleric only solos when he's sick of the "plebs" dragging him down LOL, because he can get into any group he wants until he can make that transition from protecting the "rest of the group" and allowing them to "do the job" to "doing the job" himself. ;).

Clerics, of most flavors, give new players and favor rushing aspirants a lot of "wiggle room". Knock yourself out with a Cleric. It's almost too much fun when you figure out how to use Cleric spells to meet and exceed a quest's challenge.

eonfreon
09-10-2009, 01:43 AM
A guild-mate of mine did. Pretty crazy, got 1750 on every server...

And THEN they announced the opening of the new Cannith server. :rolleyes:

haha. yeh , that's pretty crazy alright. Too bad I haven't had time to roll on Cannith. By the time I get my act together enough to run on it my Guild will be established enough to just insist I "dash to favor" and build one of my Intimipally's or Tempest Wolves. I can create a fine 28 point Tempest Wolf, but a Intimipally needs a little more finesse then 28 point will provide ;).

Uska
09-10-2009, 01:48 AM
haha. yeh , that's pretty crazy alright. Too bad I haven't had time to roll on Cannith. By the time I get my act together enough to run on it my Guild will be established enough to just insist I "dash to favor" and build one of my Intimipally's or Tempest Wolves. I can create a fine 28 point Tempest Wolf, but a Intimipally needs a little more finesse then 28 point will provide ;).

Hmm tempest wolf? dont know that one care to point me to a 28pt one could use another option on the new server to suplement my paladin, who I enjoy playing but a little something diffrent is nice now and then.