PDA

View Full Version : Semi new player considering joining a guild.

SquelchHU
09-04-2009, 09:19 AM
First a little about me. I've been playing for approximately two weeks, with a level 9 (almost 10) wf sorc that has the same name as my account name. No other characters yet since I lack 1,750 favor. I am more than a bit of an optimizer, at least in CRPGs that unlike tabletop do not really feature any roleplaying despite the name. I'm not the sort that goes pressing that attitude on others but I do try to be the best I can be at any given time with any given idea. I still have a fair bit to learn particularly regarding quests but I am a very fast learner - generally, explaining things once is good enough.

The main thing though is I'm not looking for zerging. Not yet at least. In order to be able to zerg I would need to have memorized the quest and in order to want to I'd have to be bored of it. Not many quests meet the first criteria and even fewer meet the second. Maybe in a month or two, but not now.

I have a fair bit of time on my hands, but unlike many players in the US I don't play evenings. This is the biggest problem I could see with any guild that would otherwise be interested in talking to me - I'm just not there when they are.

So in effect I'm looking for a guild that is ok with teaching new players, at least neutral to optimization and that has a significant presence in game prior to 16:00 EST so I can play with guildies. While I enjoy roleplaying in PnP, I feel it is out of place in a CRPG so I'm not looking for that. I don't mind others doing it, but I'm very goal oriented when dealing with anything that can be broken down into mechanics so any sort of roleplay that would interfere with completing objectives would not be a good fit of mindsets.

Mr_Ed7
09-05-2009, 10:43 AM
You sound promising.

Come to the Darkside! We have multiple play-styles, but generally zerging is discouraged for the most part because are guild-members have various experience levels.

If you miss role-playing but are not about to start...! Check are guild-listing in the forums.

We are co-founders of the Alliance as well, so if you do not like us you can check-out other member-guilds.

SquelchHU
09-08-2009, 09:33 AM
You sound promising.

Come to the Darkside! We have multiple play-styles, but generally zerging is discouraged for the most part because are guild-members have various experience levels.

If you miss role-playing but are not about to start...! Check are guild-listing in the forums.

We are co-founders of the Alliance as well, so if you do not like us you can check-out other member-guilds.

So who do I speak with in game to discuss this matter further?

Mr_Ed7
09-08-2009, 10:16 AM
Go to your social pages and your Who list and organize by guild.

Send a tell to a Darkside member, either they will invite you or tell a Darkside officer.
Tell them Sicarii sent you!

SquelchHU
09-08-2009, 10:45 AM
Go to your social pages and your Who list and organize by guild.

Send a tell to a Darkside member, either they will invite you or tell a Darkside officer.
Tell them Sicarii sent you!

I'm not looking for an invite yet, just talking about the guild.

Mr_Ed7
09-08-2009, 12:21 PM
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=174849

Darkside can be found in these forums. Link above.