PDA

View Full Version : Mod 9 Changes and Bare Bones Style

KGWiking
09-02-2009, 10:56 AM
Well Mod 9 is upon us and some of the things that I like are the ability to open quests on Hard right away which softens the easy XP of 10% for finishing the quest intact and 10% for no deaths. I like the idea of skipping the ridiculously easy Normal setting for groups.

I don't like the store and just see them as an extension of the vendors so I can't see most of their offerings used by our guild. I am interested in what the PD Guilds are doing with some of these changes. However, just at a casual glance I can't see much use for the items.

The big thing is going right to hard.. I really like that idea.

KG

Chai
09-23-2009, 04:16 PM
Sublime has been allowing cosmetic and non game impacting DDO store purchases, but not allowing game impacting purchases. If you want to dye your hair purple, fine, but you cannot buy a shrine or xp increase potion for example.

Also, many PD players are FTP, and they can earn / use points to buy their way into quest chains that are not made available to FTP players unless they purchase them, or buy guest passes for other group members, leveling sigils (ugh) etc....

KGWiking
09-24-2009, 02:11 AM
hair dye great
Guest passes and slots wonderful...

Other stuff.....makes the game even easier - we want to keep the game hard.

I know that Sublime does also!

KG

Junts
09-24-2009, 02:13 AM
curious, how does pd deal with f2p people given their restrictions on quest repetition etc? Since f2p players have access to so much less content to level with, its almost impossible for them to not repeat some quests 5-6 times in search of exp.

parvo
09-24-2009, 07:28 AM
curious, how does pd deal with f2p people given their restrictions on quest repetition etc? Since f2p players have access to so much less content to level with, its almost impossible for them to not repeat some quests 5-6 times in search of exp.

Sublime and EE have no restrictions on repeat (that I'm aware of). Vallhalla I'm not sure. MV does not allow repeat and we always skip normal. Free players have to follow those rules too. However, there's much more XP in the game than needed to level. If they let us open elite the first time, there would still be more than enough XP. There are some free players who enjoy the tough play in MV and they are doing fine so far. If they reach higher levels one could assume they have accumulated enough points to purchase additional content.

Chai
09-24-2009, 09:51 AM
Sublime and EE have no restrictions on repeat (that I'm aware of). Vallhalla I'm not sure. MV does not allow repeat and we always skip normal. Free players have to follow those rules too. However, there's much more XP in the game than needed to level. If they let us open elite the first time, there would still be more than enough XP. There are some free players who enjoy the tough play in MV and they are doing fine so far. If they reach higher levels one could assume they have accumulated enough points to purchase additional content.

This actually works in favor of FTP players because you get points per 100 favor which you can use to buy your way into quest chains. Once its paid for its unlocked on the account. Opening on hard or elite just earns more favor, which earns more points. Dying starts the toon over but the points earned from the last toon remain, and are still spendable. Soon, all these FTP people who started the first week of MOD 9 will have all the paid zones unlocked, and will not have to pay for much on the account, unless they want another character slot. There wont be any reason to buy their way into the higher level paid zones until they get there, and by then there should be points in the bank aplenty.

KGWiking
09-24-2009, 10:47 AM
In Valhalla we open quests on the hardest available setting for the group.

Free players if they are not grouped with VIP members follow the same guideline. Since we have large amounts of VIPS opening on Hard is typical. However, sometime the F2P must open on normal.

XP benefits for elite are huge and this works in the favor of free to play members. We also don't use the store purchases so VIPS tend to give F2P members guest passes for chains.

Repeating is not encouraged, and is only allowable IF there are NO groups within your level range available and if they are in quest. Due to a surge in enrollment - about 30 new adventurers representing close to 75 characters in the past three weeks - finding an appropriate group has not been a problem.

KG