PDA

View Full Version : Favor and TP

merrylady
09-01-2009, 08:58 PM
OK I just earned some Turbine Points by getting favor. It said I earned some, but they dont show up. So my question is this...does it take a while for them to show? Do I need to log out and back in? Or ?. Thanks!

M

knightgf
09-01-2009, 09:18 PM
It depends on what you mean by 'earned' them.

Did you get a message in your mailbox that said you did? If so, then just do something in the meantime and come back later, your point total should be updated.

Or did you get the message from those red ! boxes that show up on the side of your screen. If so, and this is not the VERY first time you are playing, then just ignore it.

Plus on top of that there's a statement from turbine that says that your Turbine Points might not display properly for some reason, so that might also be why your turbine points are not showing up properly.

merrylady
09-01-2009, 09:28 PM
I got them from the general vendor in the very beginning area. I talked to him and he said I had earned favor and turbine points. Oh, and a ham. I got the ham lol. The tool tip came up for the store as well, it sort of explained how favor earns points that I can use in the store. Anyway yeah, that is where I got them, and as I said, I did get my ham!! lol

M

knightgf
09-02-2009, 02:12 PM
Well congrats on your ham there.

Anyways, like I said earlier, if this is the VERY first time you've played DDO on this account and you got that message on your toolbar saying you got favor, then you should have gotten favor points. But if you played DDO before on that account, ignore it.

SangRahl
09-03-2009, 08:38 AM
Well congrats on your ham there.

Anyways, like I said earlier, if this is the VERY first time you've played DDO on this account and you got that message on your toolbar saying you got favor, then you should have gotten favor points. But if you played DDO before on that account, ignore it.
On my first login on Tuesday I recieved a pair of mailed notices stating that I'd recieved Favor-earned Turbine Points (+25 TPs @ 25 total Favor, and another +50 TPs @ 50 total Favor).

I've yet to see any of them in the DDO Store, either.

I then rolled a new alt (a Scim/Falchion verson of my other Longsword/Rapier build, for testing) and in questing I received a message from the General Vender about earning points and got my Ham (Mmmm... ham.). And, again, still no sign of TPs in the storefront.

Question 1: Is this a common problem? I understand that you can ONLY gain Favor-earned TPs once on a given server. Did my logging in my older character with 50+ Favor bug out my recieving any points for the 25/50 Favor tiers?

Question 2: The wording of the mailings is reminiscent of Enhancement stat bonuses*... (Spend 1AP for +1, and then 2AP for +2... which really means spend 3AP to get +2, despite the incredibly poor writing of the descriptions that implies otherwise.) Should I expect to receive 75 TPs, or really only 50 TPs?

*I'll log in and copy/past the actual mailings... really, it's horrific how they read, if you're only supposed to receive 50 total TPs for reaching 50 Favor.

tihocan
09-04-2009, 08:54 AM
Question 1: Is this a common problem?
It seems to be. Seen lots of posts from ppl not getting their TPs.