PDA

View Full Version : VIP having to pay?

itskitt
09-01-2009, 04:21 PM
i am a vip member and for some reason I have to have to pay for the favored soul and drow.

rimble
09-01-2009, 04:27 PM
Pay TP or get them as Favor rewards (400 for Drow and 2500 for FvS I think). VIP or not, that's how it is.

RavenBrother
09-01-2009, 04:28 PM
Did you get 400 favor for drow? did you get the 2??? favor for Favored soul?

smatt
09-01-2009, 04:28 PM
First make sure you have 2500 favor on 1 toon on the account you're playing. if you do then go talk to Nyx int he marketplace (Same guy as the 400 favor drow). That hsould unlock it for you.... If you don't have 2500 favor on one toon, then yes you do have to pay for it......

itskitt
09-01-2009, 08:44 PM
http://www.ddo.com/vip

No where on here does it says as a vip I still have to pay for this stuff.
It says classes - Unlocked, Races - Unlocked

Lithic
09-01-2009, 08:47 PM

You DON'T have to pay. All you need to do is get 400 favor (drow) or 2500 favor (favored soul) on one character, and talk to nyx in the harbour.

However, if you WANT a shortcut, you can pay to unlock it.

Uska
09-01-2009, 11:48 PM

It says unlock not unlocked which means you can unlock them through favor that is for 32pt builds, drow and FvS you get warforged and monks for free

majikku
09-13-2009, 08:49 PM
This seems to be very misleading especially for a new player of DDO. I thought subscribing to VIP service would include all races and classes. Lo and behold there is an asterisk next to Race and Class in http://www.ddo.com/vip.

* Select races and classes may still require the use of game mechanics to unlock for free

I don't quite understand the concept of Favor points as the "game mechanic to unlock for free."

Can someone please explain that?

Do VIP subscribers still have to accumulate the right amount of Favor points to have the Favored Soul and Drow unlocked??

How is that free? Free meaning no real money transaction involved, yet you have access to the class and race only during gameplay mechanics?

Does this essentially mean VIP subscribers get all classes and races upon start-up OTHER THAN the Favored Soul class and Drow race?

riggler
09-15-2009, 03:33 PM
This seems to be very misleading especially for a new player of DDO. I thought subscribing to VIP service would include all races and classes. Lo and behold there is an asterisk next to Race and Class in http://www.ddo.com/vip.

* Select races and classes may still require the use of game mechanics to unlock for free

I don't quite understand the concept of Favor points as the "game mechanic to unlock for free."

Can someone please explain that?

Certainly, favor points are earned by doing quests in the game...each completed quest will earn you favor...if you do the quest on the harder difficulties, you get even more favor...which means you can do a quest on "normal" and get x amount of favor and then do it on hard and get an incremental amount of favor beyond the x you originally received...

Do VIP subscribers still have to accumulate the right amount of Favor points to have the Favored Soul and Drow unlocked??

This is correct...it is the exact same way as it worked in DDO: Stormreach (i.e. before the rebranding of the game as DDO: Eberron Unlimited)...of course FvS was not in the game prior to the release of DDO:EU, but Drow were, as were the 32-pt builds which is tied to a "favor" unlock also (1750 favor btw)...

How is that free? Free meaning no real money transaction involved, yet you have access to the class and race only during gameplay mechanics?

It is "free" meaning you do not HAVE TO spend Turbine Points to get access to Drow and FvS...granted you can if you want to in order to get access without earning the required in-game favor...

Does this essentially mean VIP subscribers get all classes and races upon start-up OTHER THAN the Favored Soul class and Drow race?

Yes, VIPs get all races and classes except Drow and FvS, because Drow and FvS have always been tied to "favor" unlocks in the game...

v/r,
Riggler....

Qlarisse
09-16-2009, 03:05 AM
If this is the case, then I still feel as if this is deceptive. I sign up for the game thinking, "Oh, I can be a Favored Soul if I become VIP", only when I get in, it says I have to pay. I read this post and find out that even as a VIP, I either pay, or I use the "game mechanics" to unlock the Favored Soul.

How is this any different from Free or Premium players? Both of those populations can either pay, or earn a certain amount of Favor. Neither of those populations can start their first character as a favored soul. There is thus NO DIFFERENCE re: Favored souls for being a VIP.

In short, I feel cheated. Your game mechanics asterisk means nothing. You say it is free, then I have to pay in one of two ways that everybody else has to pay. The difference is, I was sucker enough to become a VIP to have the same access to this class (and the Drow race, as well) as people who were smart enough not to pay.

"All included Free" means ALL included free. Especially when placed in a chart next to "Basic, can purchase more."

Whether you pay by TP or you pay by Favor (which you cannot then use to pay for something else) - you are paying. And it's the same amount as others have to pay. And if a company makes you pay for something, then guess what:

it's a LIE to claim that it's included for free.

Uska
09-16-2009, 03:20 AM
If this is the case, then I still feel as if this is deceptive. I sign up for the game thinking, "Oh, I can be a Favored Soul if I become VIP", only when I get in, it says I have to pay. I read this post and find out that even as a VIP, I either pay, or I use the "game mechanics" to unlock the Favored Soul.

How is this any different from Free or Premium players? Both of those populations can either pay, or earn a certain amount of Favor. Neither of those populations can start their first character as a favored soul. There is thus NO DIFFERENCE re: Favored souls for being a VIP.

In short, I feel cheated. Your game mechanics asterisk means nothing. You say it is free, then I have to pay in one of two ways that everybody else has to pay. The difference is, I was sucker enough to become a VIP to have the same access to this class (and the Drow race, as well) as people who were smart enough not to pay.

"All included Free" means ALL included free. Especially when placed in a chart next to "Basic, can purchase more."

Whether you pay by TP or you pay by Favor (which you cannot then use to pay for something else) - you are paying. And it's the same amount as others have to pay. And if a company makes you pay for something, then guess what:

It's not a lie its clearly stated and you get monks and warforged for free which is quite a few TP and 10 slots vs 2 or 4 another ton of TP and access to all content which is worth a plethora of TP. and and finaly you get 500 tp a month, free players will find it nearly impossible to pay for all the with free TP unless the grind mindlessly for months and months you could get it very quickly just wait for the one of the times FvS is on sale. They always planned them to be earned with favor and the fact you can buy them with TP is just a bonus.

Cooneyca
09-16-2009, 06:57 AM
I think the problem may be not understanding the distinction between Favor Points and Turbine Points (my apologies if this is not the case). Part of the DDO experience for all is the requirement to complete quests and obtain favor points from the different houses within the game. As you progress along the game, you earn favor points for completing quests. These points are attributed to the houses for which the quest 'belongs.' In addition, the game keeps track of your total favor earned and as you reach three milestones you are able to unlock as described.

400 Drow (applicable to server points are earned on only)
1750 32-pt character (applicable to server points are earned on only)
2500 Favored Soul (I assume also applicable to server points are earned on only)

Earning these points is not the grind that is talked about trying to earn Turbine Points which are used to by things in the DDO store. I heard, though, that you can now buy Favor Points with Turbine Points -- so as a VIP you will not only be earning Favor as you play, you wll be receiving 500 Turbine Points each month allowing to you top off your Favor and get to the locked favor-triggered goals much quicker.

Qlarisse
09-16-2009, 09:06 AM
Whether you have to pay for these elements (drow or favored soul) by TP or favor, you still have to pay for them. Even if you have to pay for them through the TP you get from membership, that's still paying for them, since the 500 TP is listed as an additional benefit to "All include Free" for Races and Classes.

Go ahead and defend them if you want, but a company shouldn't say something is "included" at a certain membership level if you end up having to pay for them AT THE SAME RATE as if you were not at that membership level. Heck, it's not even discounted. But even if it were discounted, that's still not "included free".

The VIP benefit page should read "All except Drow" and "All except Favored Soul" under race and class, respectively, because in reality - there is no benefit whatsoever in being a VIP when it comes to obtaining these benefits.

dopey69
09-16-2009, 09:24 AM
you get free tp every month as a vip to.so you would be getting your favoured soul free just use the free points turbine gives you each month to buy what you want .....and trust me if you are serious about this game and plan to spend the hundreds of hours it takes to lvl and maintain ne kind of a stable on ddo,you will be glad you are vip not ftp have fun don't stress :)

Cooneyca
09-16-2009, 11:56 AM
I think the real solution is to stop offering earned quest rewards in the DDO store. The slippery slope comes in when you can skip the games built in acheivement points and just pay for what you want. I suppose it is a way to encourage F2P to buy favor in order to open game pieces, but it leaves some VIPs feeling that they are being required to pay for content which they expected to be included by virtue of the subscription.

My perspective is obviously skewed because these items never came with my paid subscription --always had to earn it and just laying out some extra cash was not an option.

Qlarisse
09-16-2009, 05:14 PM
you get free tp every month as a vip to.so you would be getting your favoured soul free just use the free points turbine gives you each month to buy what you want .....and trust me if you are serious about this game and plan to spend the hundreds of hours it takes to lvl and maintain ne kind of a stable on ddo,you will be glad you are vip not ftp have fun don't stress :)

Well, the problem here is twofold. First, it would take two months to obtain enough tp to purchase the upgrade, and second, I would have to spend the TP to purchase the upgrade on something advertised as free.

Having to spend to purchase something is the opposite of free. They advertise the 500 TP per month as a benefit that exists IN ADDITION to having all classes unlocked. And let's face it, the 500 TP are not "free" at all, they are part of the cost of the monthly subscription. They do not say "500 TP, which you can then use to pay for the classes that aren't included", just like they do not say "All classes except Fvs", "All races except Drow".

The fact is this: VIP does nothing, nothing at all, to an account to unlock FvS or Drow on a person's account. It therefore is untrue to say that All are included free.

How does a free or premium member get a Drow or FvS? They pay TP, or pay a certain amount of Favor.
How does a VIP get member get a Drow or FvS? They pay TP, or pay the same amount of Favor PLUS -- pay 14.99 per month.

Perhaps I would have gotten serious about the game to put in "hundreds of hours" - if I hadn't cancelled my account because I was unhappy about being duped. I'm not going to spend money or time with a company that does the following:

Join our special club now and get all these fabulous things free*

* some of these things are not free, and you end up paying for them in one of two ways that everybody else has to pay for them.

Uska
09-16-2009, 07:19 PM
Well, the problem here is twofold. First, it would take two months to obtain enough tp to purchase the upgrade, and second, I would have to spend the TP to purchase the upgrade on something advertised as free.

Having to spend to purchase something is the opposite of free. They advertise the 500 TP per month as a benefit that exists IN ADDITION to having all classes unlocked. And let's face it, the 500 TP are not "free" at all, they are part of the cost of the monthly subscription. They do not say "500 TP, which you can then use to pay for the classes that aren't included", just like they do not say "All classes except Fvs", "All races except Drow".

The fact is this: VIP does nothing, nothing at all, to an account to unlock FvS or Drow on a person's account. It therefore is untrue to say that All are included free.

How does a free or premium member get a Drow or FvS? They pay TP, or pay a certain amount of Favor.
How does a VIP get member get a Drow or FvS? They pay TP, or pay the same amount of Favor PLUS -- pay 14.99 per month.

Perhaps I would have gotten serious about the game to put in "hundreds of hours" - if I hadn't cancelled my account because I was unhappy about being duped. I'm not going to spend money or time with a company that does the following:

Join our special club now and get all these fabulous things free*

* some of these things are not free, and you end up paying for them in one of two ways that everybody else has to pay for them.

your to stubborn to read or listen arent you it states on there clearly that you have to unlock somestuff they arent lying no matter what you say.

Qlarisse
09-16-2009, 07:44 PM
Unlocking is one thing - paying for it with money, or in-game resources is another. They shouldn't say it's free if there is any cost associated.

For instance, with WoW's Death Knight class, you get it as a benefit of the Wrath of the Lich king expansion. It says "ability to play death knight included" or some such. You have to have a lvl 55 character to "unlock" the class, but the lvl 55 character isn't consumed in the process. You don't have to pay anything you earn in the game to gain access. You don't have to pay gold, or talent/achievement points, or any kind of finite resource that you earn through the game. Not that I would play friggin wow, but it's an apt example.

I'm not against "unlocks" - I'm against COST, in this case because they advertised these benefits as "free". If you say something is free, then you can't really apply a cost.

your to stubborn to read or listen arent you it states on there clearly that you have to unlock somestuff they arent lying no matter what you say.

Aranticus
09-16-2009, 08:14 PM
Unlocking is one thing - paying for it with money, or in-game resources is another. They shouldn't say it's free if there is any cost associated.

For instance, with WoW's Death Knight class, you get it as a benefit of the Wrath of the Lich king expansion. It says "ability to play death knight included" or some such. You have to have a lvl 55 character to "unlock" the class, but the lvl 55 character isn't consumed in the process. You don't have to pay anything you earn in the game to gain access. You don't have to pay gold, or talent/achievement points, or any kind of finite resource that you earn through the game. Not that I would play friggin wow, but it's an apt example.

I'm not against "unlocks" - I'm against COST, in this case because they advertised these benefits as "free". If you say something is free, then you can't really apply a cost.

and this is the perfect example of why so many people find themselves in helpless situations, especially when it comes to purchasing

READ THE DISCLAIMERS!!!!!

dormetheus
09-16-2009, 08:17 PM
I don't think it would be possible to obtain 2500 Favor if you are basic F2P. You simply don't have the number of quests to complete it.

Qlarisse
09-16-2009, 09:38 PM
and this is the perfect example of why so many people find themselves in helpless situations, especially when it comes to purchasing

READ THE DISCLAIMERS!!!!!

But even the disclaimer doesn't make it clear what the "in-game mechanic" is. And it certainly doesn't make it clear that it's the same exact payment of TP or FP that free and premium players have to pay.

The implication of listing "All-included Free" is that there will be no cost. Period. The "in-game mechanic" they refer to involves paying a cost. If they're not going to change how it works, then they should not be advertising that you get something for free when you don't.

Uska
09-16-2009, 10:58 PM
I don't think it would be possible to obtain 2500 Favor if you are basic F2P. You simply don't have the number of quests to complete it.

you can but its gonna be really hard and take quite a bit of rerolling, not worth the time investment. and you will have to really play on all the servers.

Cooneyca
09-17-2009, 05:00 AM

While technically possible, I imagine for the majority this is probably true. In the OP's case, however, we're talking about a VIP account. Without the need to buy or earn levels and adventure packs, it is very doable.

Redemptus
09-18-2009, 01:04 PM
They didn't lie, but it IS deceptive. The asterick covers their butt, but they purposely don't tell you that Drow and Favored Soul are not included without the normal unlocking that you would need to do anyways. OP is right, new players are not going to full understand what the unlocking by normal game mechanics qualifier means... they should spell it out "*Drow and Favored Soul are not included at start. Both can be unlocked in the game without having to pay.".

I abhor these kinds of practices. Though legally covered, it borders on unethical and Turbine should reevaluate how they advertise VIP. Make it clear so you don't tick off your paying customers (people who subscribe VIP).

Qlarisse
09-18-2009, 01:20 PM
They didn't lie, but it IS deceptive. The asterick covers their butt, but they purposely don't tell you that Drow and Favored Soul are not included without the normal unlocking that you would need to do anyways. OP is right, new players are not going to full understand what the unlocking by normal game mechanics qualifier means... they should spell it out "*Drow and Favored Soul are not included at start. Both can be unlocked in the game without having to pay.".

I abhor these kinds of practices. Though legally covered, it borders on unethical and Turbine should reevaluate how they advertise VIP. Make it clear so you don't tick off your paying customers (people who subscribe VIP).

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I had never played this game before, and thought I would start as a VIP since it would deliver so much more, especially certain elements I really wanted. In no way did the advertisement make it clear what the "in-game mechanics" meant. It's deliberately unclear what this means, esp. if you are unfamiliar with the game.

And when you find out that it means it's no different for you as a VIP, then you start to question the ethics of people who would list something as "included" when in fact, it is not included, and the parameters of what IS included are not fully defined.

Legally covered or not, you are right to say that this ticks off paying customers. In my case, it ticked me off enough to A) cancel my subscription; and B) try to make other players aware of it in forums so they won't feel duped the same way I did.

They may have gotten one sub fee out of me, but that's the last of my money they'll ever see. I'd rather go somewhere where they are up-front about what I'm getting.

Redemptus
09-18-2009, 01:48 PM
I wasn't mad enough to quit or unsubscribe frankly since I wasn't planning on playing drow or favored soul right away. I do hope that wasn't a sign of things to come. I don't think it is. I played LotRO for a while and never found Turbine to be shady. I hope I'm not wrong. :)

The only other irking thing for me personally is not getting my 500 points when I went VIP. I understand though that a lot of people are having this problem and they are having a lot of issues with TPs in general, so I will be patient on that front.

Delt
09-18-2009, 01:56 PM
I agree with this wholeheartedly. I had never played this game before, and thought I would start as a VIP since it would deliver so much more, especially certain elements I really wanted. In no way did the advertisement make it clear what the "in-game mechanics" meant. It's deliberately unclear what this means, esp. if you are unfamiliar with the game.

And when you find out that it means it's no different for you as a VIP, then you start to question the ethics of people who would list something as "included" when in fact, it is not included, and the parameters of what IS included are not fully defined.

Legally covered or not, you are right to say that this ticks off paying customers. In my case, it ticked me off enough to A) cancel my subscription; and B) try to make other players aware of it in forums so they won't feel duped the same way I did.

They may have gotten one sub fee out of me, but that's the last of my money they'll ever see. I'd rather go somewhere where they are up-front about what I'm getting.

I don't think you understand what FAVOR is in DDO -- your own stupid WoW example appears to highlight this. Perhaps if you slow down on your ranting and raving, you'll manage to understand exactly what people are saying.

There are various Houses (aka: FACTIONS) within DDO. Each quest is tied to a Faction, and completing each quest earns you FAVOR with that faction (solo/normal/hard/elite grant a certain # of favor, lowest to highest, highest per quest applies only).

Depending on your level of favor, each faction grants you certain benefits. For example, 150+ favor with the coinlords will grant you TWO additional backpack slots (provided you have a portable hole and 100k I believe).

Each of the Factions/Patrons you see listed in your favor tab will grant you bonuses at each tier of favor.

FAVOR is not a currency, it is a reward-based faction system revolving around IN-GAME quest completion. If you don't like the fact that playing quests happens to unlock benefits...by all means cry about it. But you weren't Duped. You just didn't understand something. Boo hoo.

Redemptus
09-18-2009, 03:28 PM
Delt, although I think the OP's reaction is a little dramatic, I don't think you understand the issue exactly. The issue is not on understanding the favor system of the game. The issue is how VIP is advertised on the DDO website. Look at how it is presented. It says that all classes and races are unlocked by VIP. There is an asterik that says some classes and races are unlocked by normal game mechanics, but it does not detail what classes or races they are, nor does it explain how to do it (or for that matter, that those same races and classes can be unlocked by ANYONE, so that the VIP status doesn't actually benefit at all for FS or Drow).

It's a litte bit a case of caveat emptor, but my point at least is that it is not completely clear and a bit on the deceptive end ESPECIALLY for new players.

It's not a reason to quit though imho, but I would recommend Turbine to reword their VIP description as to be more clear. Whether you agree or not, I think it WILL anger more and more people, and it could so easily be avoided just by some better wording.

My two coppers.

Delt
09-18-2009, 03:43 PM
Delt, although I think the OP's reaction is a little dramatic, I don't think you understand the issue exactly. The issue is not on understanding the favor system of the game. The issue is how VIP is advertised on the DDO website. Look at how it is presented. It says that all classes and races are unlocked by VIP. There is an asterik that says some classes and races are unlocked by normal game mechanics, but it does not detail what classes or races they are, nor does it explain how to do it (or for that matter, that those same races and classes can be unlocked by ANYONE, so that the VIP status doesn't actually benefit at all for FS or Drow).

It's a litte bit a case of caveat emptor, but my point at least is that it is not completely clear and a bit on the deceptive end ESPECIALLY for new players.

It's not a reason to quit though imho, but I would recommend Turbine to reword their VIP description as to be more clear. Whether you agree or not, I think it WILL anger more and more people, and it could so easily be avoided just by some better wording.

My two coppers.

I read it, I'm pretty sure **I** sensed confusion, even if you did not. Go read his WoW example (which is not really different than DDO favor). Count the amount of times he refers to "favor" as currency and something the user has to "pay with/for". Notice he doesn't understand how VIP makes favor easier to get. Etc. etc.

Whether or not the systems behind both DDO as a game and the VIP/Free systems are clear, that's a fair issue (but they will never ever be "clear" enough for the majority of F2P users). But I'm pretty sure the other poster simply doesn't understand what Favor is - and all his whining can be tied to that.

Want to buy FVS as a Vip or free user? Go ahead and click "Buy".
Want to unlock it via favor as a VIP? Pretty easy now that you default to unlocked Hard.
Want to unlock it as a free player? Hah...grind TP to buy adventure packs, first.

Whether you have to pay for these elements (drow or favored soul) by TP or favor, you still have to pay for them. Even if you have to pay for them through the TP you get from membership, that's still paying for them, since the 500 TP is listed as an additional benefit to "All include Free" for Races and Classes.

The implication of listing "All-included Free" is that there will be no cost. Period. The "in-game mechanic" they refer to involves paying a cost. If they're not going to change how it works, then they should not be advertising that you get something for free when you don't.

Qlarisse
09-19-2009, 02:30 AM

My two coppers.

And that's the issue, really. I wouldn't have cared and would be trying out the game without thinking I got duped if they had been up front and, i dunno... helpful... enough in their advertising so that a new subscriber would know what he or she is paying for.

Although their little asterisk, the explanation for which is woefully unclear, clears them of being outright liars, the experience of feeling like "they got me with a disclaimer" was enough for me to feel like this is a shady, money-grubbing operation, where the operators clearly want maximum profit, and could care less what the lowly subscriber thinks. "Shoulda read the fine print" etc.

Well that's great in the short run, but as more people are disappointed with this, and disappearing items, and 500 TP that you get at the END of the cycle, I think they'll find that the short run greed does not lead to long-term gain.

I won't be here for it. So enjoy, those of you who find there's no problem with it. Enjoy being micro-charged to death (a different issue entirely, I know...)

Azrael3763
09-26-2009, 05:18 PM
And that's the issue, really. I wouldn't have cared and would be trying out the game without thinking I got duped if they had been up front and, i dunno... helpful... enough in their advertising so that a new subscriber would know what he or she is paying for.

I won't be here for it. So enjoy, those of you who find there's no problem with it. Enjoy being micro-charged to death (a different issue entirely, I know...)

Just to clear this up...Since you seem to be so concerned about "payment" for goods rendered:

This is an "F2p". That means "Free to Play". It is ALSO "Unlimited". That means that even those that do not pay have access to ALL aspects of the game. You, as a VIP don't receive anything more than a "quicker" way to access those elements of the game. I.e. 500 Tpoints a month, more character slots, priority server queues, as well as all content that the "free" player would have to "earn" by playing hours...and hours...maybe weeks...or months...in order to receive.

There is no deception, as far as i see it. Even the lowliest "nonVIP" can get a Drow...or a FvS...If they work hard enough for it. You are not "elite" as a VIP...you are just able to progress in the game substantially quicker than someone that has to earn their way through solely by favor.

Favor is NOT cash...it's not gold...it IS the ingame "mechanic" that they speak of that allows ANYONE to unlock elements of the game. whether it supplies Turbine Points for the DDO store, or unlocks ingame content...it is there for everyone. Even the "F2p" player.

I too have not received MY turbine Points...Is it a "deal breaker"...no...this game model just came online as such very recently, and I understand that there will be issues that need to be dealt with. Maybe you should've waited for a "perfect" game before you signed on...or possibly read more about it before you jumped in headfirst. I know I did.

And as for WoW, and DK's...I play that as well...and guess what...you HAVE to "unlock" it through game mechanics by having a level 55 toon somewhere...hmm...go figure, unlocking content by completing some other aspect of the game. Who would've thought.

I'm sure everyone here will miss you terribadly.

-=Peace Out=-

Mercules
09-28-2009, 02:23 PM
Although their little asterisk, the explanation for which is woefully unclear, clears them of being outright liars, the experience of feeling like "they got me with a disclaimer" was enough for me to feel like this is a shady, money-grubbing operation, where the operators clearly want maximum profit, and could care less what the lowly subscriber thinks. "Shoulda read the fine print" etc.

Further down the page it states:

To learn more about available Turbine Points bundles, click here (http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/DDO_Store_Guide) for our DDO Store guide!

And on that page:

RACES & CLASSES Create a new race or class on any server to add a new dimension to your DDO adventure! Without this account purchase, you can still unlock the ability to make premium race/class characters on a specific server via the total Favor reward. 595-795

I think upon reading that I would have started asking questions including calling to find out what qualifies as a Premium Race/Class (Drow/Favored Soul for example) before giving a credit card number.