PDA

View Full Version : Pardon my n00b question but................

KoboldKiller
09-01-2009, 12:10 PM
I haven't really been following things much but other than another sever what's the deal with Cannith?

schroebj13
09-01-2009, 12:13 PM
You cannot transfer in characters from other servers. All New for everyone!

KoboldKiller
09-01-2009, 01:04 PM
Ahh gotcha. So it evens the playing field for all, at least for 8 hours before the powergamers take over and leave everyone behind. LOL

WolfSpirit
09-03-2009, 01:19 PM
Ya, but powergamer will only help in a way. Here's how I see it.
Powergamer will give us reliable PuGs
And will help populate our AH to help each of us get new items.
Now I understand that they will be a large part of the economy, but if there isn't PILES of plat then charging Piles won't be very fruitful so OVERALL prices should remain at a semi-reasonable level. Even a year from now, there should still be a slightly smaller economy than the other servers PROVIDED they NEVER allow character transfers. This is because there were lots of people with LOTS of items and Plat, THEN they merged servers and got even more of a Population of people with lots of Cash/Items. As long as everything on Cannith COMES from Cannith, it should be much slower to rise to the levels that it is everywhere else currently.
Now I could be wrong, and others may not see it the same way and thats ok. Truly only time will actually tell what will happen.

arminius
09-03-2009, 01:27 PM
I've searched everywhere but this is the first confirmation I've seen that character transfers are not allowed to Cannith. I might actually be tempted to try it now.

_

Lorien_the_First_One
09-03-2009, 03:44 PM
I've searched everywhere but this is the first confirmation I've seen that character transfers are not allowed to Cannith. I might actually be tempted to try it now.

_

it was in the original announcement

Hirosue
09-03-2009, 06:39 PM
cannith is going to be a blast.no 32 pts builds ( apart from sadsacks buying drow or +1 tomes on 4 stats lol). no twinked over pure good elemental ( lvl4) weapons, no +2 tomes at lvl 1 twinking. A totally even playing field, mainly junk on the AH and add in anti zerg "dungeon alert". tried zerging Stealthy reposetion on elite yet ? lol.

For the first time in a very long time people are going to have to play the game , YIPPEE.

I am playing on cannith in a static group all experienced player , and we came so close to wiping in durks on hard at lvl 3 . was a blast, and very funny too.

UnderwearModel
09-04-2009, 03:25 AM
People are asking for stuff for 25K gold.

50K gold for a Silver Flame Hymnal.

Now, this is cheap compared to other servers, but when 99% of the server does not have 25K gold yet, what is the point.

Power gamers are only doing one thing, getting to level first so they can brag. Big deal.

Ah, to be 17 again and think I have the world by its ....

Uska
09-04-2009, 03:30 AM
cannith is going to be a blast.no 32 pts builds ( apart from sadsacks buying drow or +1 tomes on 4 stats lol). no twinked over pure good elemental ( lvl4) weapons, no +2 tomes at lvl 1 twinking. A totally even playing field, mainly junk on the AH and add in anti zerg "dungeon alert". tried zerging Stealthy reposetion on elite yet ? lol.

For the first time in a very long time people are going to have to play the game , YIPPEE.

I am playing on cannith in a static group all experienced player , and we came so close to wiping in durks on hard at lvl 3 . was a blast, and very funny too.

Dont have to buy drow can earn them fairly quickly using favor

Madwad
09-04-2009, 04:13 AM
Personally Enjoying Cannith, highest Pug group i have seen is lvl 8 and that was last night :D

could be higher but its nice to have a lvl field.

Mad

tman
09-04-2009, 10:13 AM
I'm loving it. Pulled a Muckbane last night and got excited!!

I have 7 capped toons on Ghallandra and it has been a long long time since I got excited about a loot pull...

Best thing about Cannith is Loot has meaning again...

T : WF Wiz/Rogue - Cannith

KoboldKiller
09-04-2009, 10:19 AM
Might have to check it out.

cdbd3rd
09-04-2009, 10:27 AM
Power gamers are only doing one thing, getting to level first so they can brag. Big deal.

Ah, to be 17 again and think I have the world by its ....

I got a Muckbane on my first run into Durk's. Is that braggable? :o

Some decent loot startig to make it onto AH, but also coming along are the 100K+ buyout prices. Methinks someone may have confused Cannith with Llama where we all had ample cash on hand for silly buys.

xanvar
09-04-2009, 11:02 AM
I just hope they do not allow charcter transfers into Cannith for a long time. Maybe a year? Eventually people will cap characters, get 32 pt builds, and fill up the auction house with over priced items I just hope it takes a while to do it.