PDA

View Full Version : You might be Cannith material if ...

Gratch
08-28-2009, 02:19 PM
So I realize this is the new big server with nothing on it so everyone can go extreme crazy without limits or be restrained by old-timers showing off their long-ago gotten warez... but it's also a good putdown to people on the other live servers you see doing newbish actions .

Just think of all the guilds that still fail or have a low success rate on VoD. They could come to Cannith and be like uber playerz here.

On to the list.

You might be Cannith material if:

you cast firewall on the pitfiend... even by accident. Exception: Eladrin gets out the PRE content whereby you transmute the firewall into an electricwall.
you've never tried the Abbot ever because someone said it was tough and you heard there were required cheats and help me mommy
your characters don't have at least a 12 base constitution
your characters over level 15 don't have toughness and it's enhancements yet, but you still want to raid.
you think just selecting the ranger class makes you an uber build.
you ask what difficulty the Reaver raid should be run on.
you haven't tried multi-classing at all because pure is always the best.
you're so drunk, that despite using push to talk, your party voice icon hasn't gone off since the shroud started and we're in part 4. Exception: If this is a speed shroud being done under 20 minutes AND you're funny or the circumstances happening to you are funny.
you think all content requires a cleric or FvS or there's traps and WE HAVE TO HAVE A ROGUE.
you haven't made a warforged. Exception: In real life you are a robot with lazor eye beams.
you haven't run tempest spine naked (without any gear). Exception: NO exceptions, get in and do it and win.
you haven't sworn at Atari.
you make bung hole lists like this and polish your mineral 2's daily.

Please feel free to add to the list. Or detract from my listing... and be ignored (by me).

Pwesiela
08-28-2009, 02:39 PM
you haven't run tempest spine naked (without any gear). Exception: NO exceptions, get in and do it and win.
[/LIST]
Please feel free to add to the list. Or detract from my listing... and be ignored (by me).

Just gonna reference the above two.

/agree. There is only 1 setting for the Reaver. Period. <--See? It's a period.

and

/agree. No gear, no weapons, no material components....

Phidius
08-28-2009, 03:03 PM
OK, OK, I'll roll up a few on Cannith as soon as DDO:EU drops.

Uska
08-28-2009, 06:27 PM
Sorry as someone excited about the new server just dont find it funny, but dont let that stop you from such attempts, maybe you can make me laugh sometime.

Centin
08-29-2009, 04:28 PM
I have no idea what any of that means.

See you Tuesday.

moorewr
08-29-2009, 08:46 PM
Sorry as someone excited about the new server just dont find it funny, but dont let that stop you from such attempts, maybe you can make me laugh sometime.

Why So Serious?

valorik
08-29-2009, 11:39 PM
So I realize this is the new big server with nothing on it so everyone can go extreme crazy without limits or be restrained by old-timers showing off their long-ago gotten warez... but it's also a good putdown to people on the other live servers you see doing newbish actions .

Just think of all the guilds that still fail or have a low success rate on VoD. They could come to Cannith and be like uber playerz here.

On to the list.

Phew and for a sec I thought I wasn't good enough :D good thing I made a monk when I was drunk!

Twerpp
08-29-2009, 11:44 PM
Sweet you can say bung hole without language filter!

Lyria
08-30-2009, 02:39 AM
you haven't made a warforged. Exception: In real life you are a robot with lazor eye beams.

Boo, hiss. Warforged are ugly.

They hurt my sense of aesthetics. So I don't play 'em. Neener!

nbhs275
08-30-2009, 09:22 AM
im not seeing the toughness deal. HP is nice, but completely dependant on other factors.

GlassCannon
08-31-2009, 06:44 AM
http://jameslogancourier.org/media/Music%20and%20Movies/20080801-ledger-joker.jpg
Why So Serious?

Troling is a art.

[√] You have run with so many PuG members that you automatically give directions out on the quest giver, how to get to the giver, the quest entrance, how to get to the quest entrance, the quest title and XP total, what is in the quest, how long it should take, etc... even if the group already knows.
[√] You have never had more than one tier 3 greensteel on any character
[√] You regularly outlive characters/players with over twice your HP, while dealing with over twice the aggro(My sorc has 192 HP, her UMD is 24, and she was made during the first 5 minutes Drow were available. Why did your nearly 400 Hp sorc die with half the aggro I handled just moments ago? ... My Monk has this problem too... I'll get your stone.).
[√] You have made characters with less than 10 base CON and no Toughness, and managed to Favor Cap them in PuGs with little trouble.
[√] You have only played for 30 hours in the past month, but during those 30 hours, you outperformed players who have spent every waking moment playing, by an over 50% margin.

Asketes
08-31-2009, 07:19 AM

On to the list.

you cast firewall on the pitfiend... even by accident. Exception: Eladrin gets out the PRE content whereby you transmute the firewall into an electricwall.
you've never tried the Abbot ever because someone said it was tough and you heard there were required cheats and help me mommy
your characters over level 15 don't have toughness and it's enhancements yet, but you still want to raid.
you're so drunk, that despite using push to talk, your party voice icon hasn't gone off since the shroud started and we're in part 4. Exception: If this is a speed shroud being done under 20 minutes AND you're funny or the circumstances happening to you are funny.
you think all content requires a cleric or FvS or there's traps and WE HAVE TO HAVE A ROGUE.

+1 rep.. fabulous!

Hirosue
08-31-2009, 10:41 AM
you waited for DDo to go F2P before trying it

Clawkin
09-01-2009, 12:58 AM
[/LIST]

I have cursed my Atari...alot
but I think it's actualy DUNG hole and not Bung hole

Edit: time to pull up those Bevis and Butthead episodes

wolfing
09-01-2009, 09:41 AM
Then I'm perfect Cannith material :)

MagicianBlade
09-01-2009, 02:35 PM
I have no idea what any of that means.

See you Tuesday.

I have no idea what 99% of that means either.

WolfSpirit
09-01-2009, 02:54 PM
Boo, hiss. Warforged are ugly.

They hurt my sense of aesthetics. So I don't play 'em. Neener!
Did you realize that They are the only character Race you can have a range of colors like yellow, Red, Purple, pink for "Skin" color?

MagicianBlade
09-02-2009, 05:35 AM
Did you realize that They are the only character Race you can have a range of colors like yellow, Red, Purple, pink for "Skin" color?

i was able to set all the different races to some pretty bizarre and outlandish colors...

Grond
09-03-2009, 07:38 AM

I wish I had a time machine and could take this back to the Headstart and the days of the "No Warforged" LFMs... :D

magnvix
09-03-2009, 10:11 AM
ive been playing ddo for about 2 years now, on and off. subbed for probably a total of 1 year and 6months.

ive got 1 level 16, i play about 10-15 hours a week.

never ran abbot, shroud, vod.

do i qualify?

Scorpioz
09-03-2009, 10:48 PM

On to the list.

Or...if you don't understand most of the points in this list :p

PlanetSeer
09-04-2009, 12:00 PM
I have cursed my Atari...alot
but I think it's actualy DUNG hole and not Bung hole

Edit: time to pull up those Bevis and Butthead episodes

Oh no -- it's Bung Hole alright :-) Speaking of which, Turbine, do you have TP for my bung hole??

PlanetSeer
09-04-2009, 01:47 PM
Oh WoW. Oh no I didn't...oh yes I did. I took the quickest opportunity I could to badmouth Turbine. I'm ashamed of myself.

Salome
09-10-2009, 06:02 PM
Blah, blah, blah....Glad we won't be seeing you on Cannith! Go troll somewhere else.

Grushvak
09-24-2009, 10:11 PM
I waited for this game to become f2p before trying it, never bothered to read up on it, and I get killed by traps all the time as a rogue. I don't intend to improve, and I find full party wipes caused by my own stupid mistakes hilarious. What do I win?

(I'm kidding, please group with me.)