PDA

View Full Version : To twink or not to twink...

Thornfeld
08-26-2009, 10:14 PM
Unlike other servers, twinking will be alot diff here. It'll be somewhat easier depending on your credit limit:)

Uska
08-26-2009, 10:54 PM
Even with a high credit limit you are still going to be severly limited in your twinking ability.

Babumbalaboo
08-26-2009, 11:55 PM
It'll be so awesome to see a +2 weapon on the auction house for 5,000 plat...

...and it'll be even more awesome to realize that 5,000 plat is a lot of money.

Uska
08-27-2009, 12:08 AM
It'll be so awesome to see a +2 weapon on the auction house for 5,000 plat...

...and it'll be even more awesome to realize that 5,000 plat is a lot of money.

To bad that wont last long

Gleipner
08-27-2009, 08:33 AM
To bad that wont last long

Well theese days the platfarmers can´t just use old tricks to enlarge their stack of chips to vendor off, i doubt we´ll see to much from em. Atleats i hope it takes more then a year :)

Yajerman01
08-27-2009, 08:48 AM
for the most part - alot of us will all be equal in gear:eek: foreshame!

Uska
08-27-2009, 09:09 AM
Well theese days the platfarmers can´t just use old tricks to enlarge their stack of chips to vendor off, i doubt we´ll see to much from em. Atleats i hope it takes more then a year :)

not the plat farmers I worry so much its the powergamers.

Strakeln
08-27-2009, 11:05 AM
not the plat farmers I worry so much its the powergamers.Yeah, they're evil, we should ban them from the game :rolleyes:

Uska
08-27-2009, 11:19 AM
Yeah, they're evil, we should ban them from the game :rolleyes:

your funny just dont want them ruining the economy to early but by no means of course ban them or forbid them from going to server they should be hobbled for bit by the no transfers, but I predict that we will have cap'd characters within 1-2 weeks on the server by people with more cash then sense.

Babumbalaboo
08-27-2009, 12:08 PM
I wonder what it will be like to enter the Wayward Lobster's brawling pit and not be instantly immobilized by a Level 16 wizard.

ArkoHighStar
08-27-2009, 12:08 PM
your funny just dont want them ruining the economy to early but by no means of course ban them or forbid them from going to server they should be hobbled for bit by the no transfers, but I predict that we will have cap'd characters within 1-2 weeks on the server by people with more cash then sense.

not cash, time, and most oft he power gamers will on their regular server trying to get 10 chars to lvl 20 and beatt he raid on n/h/e. I know I will, but I am seriously considering starting a char on here to spend 1-2 nights a week on

Strakeln
08-27-2009, 12:18 PM
I play about 2-3 hours a night, maybe 5 nights a week (10-15 hrs/wk). I'm pretty sure I could cap a char in two weeks without store usage, assuming there were adequate grouping opportunities. So I guess I'm not sure what you're getting at here...

Uska
08-27-2009, 12:43 PM
not cash, time, and most oft he power gamers will on their regular server trying to get 10 chars to lvl 20 and beatt he raid on n/h/e. I know I will, but I am seriously considering starting a char on here to spend 1-2 nights a week on

yeah cash to buy turbine points for mana pots exp pots wont be many but there will be afew who want to be the first to cap on the new server

Uska
08-27-2009, 12:45 PM
I play about 2-3 hours a night, maybe 5 nights a week (10-15 hrs/wk). I'm pretty sure I could cap a char in two weeks without store usage, assuming there were adequate grouping opportunities. So I guess I'm not sure what you're getting at here...

you can cap a character in 2wks no store and no twinking:eek: I would like to see that.

Kalari
08-27-2009, 02:00 PM
Just like I did on Risia im gonna probably make a character no one knows and see how far I get them untwinked and without assistance. It was really fun I appreciated pulls I got for my ranger more then anything and I could solo in peace. So definitely wont be twinking on this server I can do that on the other servers lol :)

JakLee7
08-27-2009, 02:01 PM
I have to say, I am seriously considering spending some time on Cannith as well, with the new mod releasing FvS, there will be a huge influx of healers here, I was thinking of playing something that you may not see but that might be worthwhile to get me into groups - anyone know a decent 28pt bard build that solo's ok but is really desirable for group so I can work out a 1750 favor character & still be accepted in to raids? Might try that route...hmmmm

Kalari
08-27-2009, 02:03 PM
I dont think it will be that hard I know I got my first keeper cleric to 16 in 2 weeks and even though I brought her scrolls and stuff for back up she pulled her own gear like armor and weapons. I think it depends on the class you play the need for said class and your ability to burn the midnight oil. Ive capped many girls quickly now knowing the quest chains that get you xp. And if your lucky enough to find a group that is in the same goal mind you can definitely get it done.

Thought the twinking thing is another issue im still sure there are some who can pull it off I know im not one of them though lol I just want to see how far I can get its been a long time since Ive truly started fresh.

Lorien_the_First_One
08-27-2009, 03:05 PM
I'm thinking the power gamers will all level their 20 "toons" to L20 before they start exploring here. Even then, without twink gear it will take a while to be able to loot run the high level stuff. I figure the economy hear has 6-12 months before it gets stupid, longer before people have 2mil plat to spend on a +2 tome.

Shankd_Dream
08-27-2009, 04:42 PM
I'll be here. All my toons are on Sarlona. But i will start playing here. I BOught all the Cannith books, and books with info on House Cannith, and it is my overall favorite guild.. See you guys soon ;)

Arnya
08-27-2009, 05:13 PM
Like any other social system, the cream will rise to the top.

Stripped of all gear, tomes and build advantages, there will be a lot of sub-par players struggling.

3 years of following the guildies thru dungeons to the end chest means squat on a new server :)

Personally, I can't wait. After grinding 1750 on all 5 servers from scratch, I welcome the chance to bare-bones it again - without even the AH to rely on (for the first few hours)

First thing I am doing when the servers go up is logging Cannith and reserving all my names ;)

wolfing
08-28-2009, 02:04 PM
Stay out of my server old players! lol
What has me more excited about this server is the lower possibility of players rushing through the dungeons, telling the rogue where each trap is, etc.

Kalari
08-28-2009, 02:34 PM
What has me more excited about this server is the lower possibility of players rushing through the dungeons, telling the rogue where each trap is, etc.

I dont think many of the people your worried about will bother with Cannith. I know when I go on new servers where its a 28 point build I act the way I did when I first learned the game with the exception of soloing when I dont want to deal with groups. I dont think you will see many power gamers rushing threw stuff on the new server not till they are busy recapping all their alts on the regular servers to 20. And even then without the ability to twink many wont find starting over worth while.

I do expect to see maybe a influx of perma death groups which I may finally be able to join and see how much fun it is. I will definitely have at least 1-2 alts that I can jump on when I want a different pace. So I wouldnt worry about the game being ruined for new players. Cannith will definitely not be for everyone. Oh and with some of the changes Beta made to the old quests many of us old players wont know where some of the traps are from what ive been reading lol.

UnderwearModel
08-29-2009, 09:51 AM

I think many of the veteran players will be on this server.

I expect this server to be populated by highly knowledgable and highly capable players.

The players that cannot handle the pace will quickly find themselves searching for groups on other servers.

GlassCannon
08-31-2009, 06:55 AM
I think many of the veteran players will be on this server.

I expect this server to be populated by highly knowledgable and highly capable players.

The players that cannot handle the pace will quickly find themselves searching for groups on other servers.

/joinchannel help

/1

Get used to it. You'll use it a lot.

Hirosue
08-31-2009, 10:42 AM
not

arminius
09-01-2009, 09:48 AM
I don't understand why people say there will be no twinking, etc. Why can't you just do a character transfer of a 32 pointer with a buttload of money to Cannith?

_

MagicianBlade
09-01-2009, 02:51 PM
*** is "twinking"?

MagicianBlade
09-01-2009, 02:52 PM
I don't understand why people say there will be no twinking, etc. Why can't you just do a character transfer of a 32 pointer with a buttload of money to Cannith?

_

no transfers to Cannith allowed