PDA

View Full Version : Kensai & Trip & Stun

Solmage
08-22-2009, 09:06 PM
Does anyone know if the kensai enhancements increase the DC to trip, stun, etc for any weapon, or just for the specified weapon?

Based on their description it seems as if they improve all weapons, but this does not seem to be in-line with the class' idea of being masters of a single weapon.. ?

78mackson
08-23-2009, 09:04 AM
◦Benefit: You are the unrivaled master of your chosen weapon. Your focus and training grant you a +1 bonus to Bluff, Concentration, Diplomacy, and Intimidate skills, Combat Feat DC's, saves against magic, and number of Action Boosts per day. If you possess a Ki bar, you gain 1 additional Ki on criticals and when meditating. You can select a single weapon type as your signature weapon

Good Question...(it would be a minor hell to test the theory aswell) but I guess you wouldnt have a big problem landing your stuns anyway with the high strenght of a +12lvl fighter.. my guess is that its only your signature weapon that gets it.

malaky
08-23-2009, 10:58 AM
This quote is from the capstone: "The Kensai will still obviously prefer their chosen weapon, but will be no slouch with another style."

Despite the fact that they favor one weapon over all others, based on the description of the kensai enhancement in the compendium, it looks like the bonus to combat feat DCs will apply to all weapons the kensai uses. It lists that bonus under "benefits" instead of under the Kensai <specific weapon> mastery.

Solmage
08-26-2009, 11:38 AM
This quote is from the capstone: "The Kensai will still obviously prefer their chosen weapon, but will be no slouch with another style."

Despite the fact that they favor one weapon over all others, based on the description of the kensai enhancement in the compendium, it looks like the bonus to combat feat DCs will apply to all weapons the kensai uses. It lists that bonus under "benefits" instead of under the Kensai <specific weapon> mastery.

Yeah, that was my thinking.. but it would have been nice to know for sure :)