PDA

View Full Version : Intimitank fighter strength average?

harold2560
08-20-2009, 10:29 AM
I am going to build a new intimitank fighter when mod 9 releases in sept (?)

what is your strength at end game like? i am figuring on having this for my stats

dwarf intimitank at lvl 20

28 str = 16 base + 6(item)+ 2(tome)+ 3(class)+ 1(level increase)
22 dex= 14 base + 6(item)+ 2(tome)
30 con= 16 base + 6(item)+ 2(tome)+ 2(class)+ 4(level increase)
13 int = 12 base + 1(tome) so i can get CE
8 wis = 8 base not worried here but if i get a tome ill use it to get rid of the neg modifier
14 cha= 12 base + 2(tome) and possible +6 if i get dragon touched fullplate and get the +6 cha on it but no biggie

with these stats and by dumping every point into intimidate and taking proper feats and enhancements im sure i can get 600hp+ 60ac without any buffs, and a 55 intimidate. with normal party buffs i beleive this could be a pretty decent intimidate tank, im just curious if my 28 str will hurt me at all. i planned on only 28 since my main goal is not DPS but rather taking hits and controlling monster aggro (ie suulomedes, etc).

What strength do your intimitanks carry and could i be hurt if i even lowered the end str to 26 and put more into con for more HP? I could re-arrange things by taking from CHA and putting more into BASE con and being able to come out to either 28 str and 32 con, or 30 and 30. But i like the for sure couple points into my Intimidate from the +2 cha modifier.

your thoughts?

harold2560
08-20-2009, 10:33 AM
also forgot to mention....id like to not multiclass with this toon. I want pure fighter build, and take complete stalwart defender line.

Borror0
08-20-2009, 10:38 AM
Lower your Con to 14 and increase your Dex to 15. That way, you'll be able to grab TWF.

Other than that, Don't put your increases into Con. Rather, put them into Str.

What strength do your intimitanks carry and could i be hurt if i even lowered the end str to 26 and put more into con for more HP?
Don't go for lower Str. You'll benefit more from the little extra DPS than the little extra Con. The usual base Str for intimitank has been 16 for years now, and I don't personally see reasons to change this. As an dwarf intimitank, you'll have plenty of HP anyway.

My Intimitank has 30 Str:

16 base+4 levels+6 item+2 enhancements+2 tome=30
If I get a +3 tome, I'll drop Fighter Strength II. Fighter Strength III is too expansive.

also forgot to mention....id like to not multiclass with this toon. I want pure fighter build, and take complete stalwart defender line.
You can multiclass and still get the full Stalwart Defender line.

LewsTherin
08-20-2009, 11:00 AM
I agree with Bor. Don't waste your level increase point in Con. You'll have plenty of hit points at end game. I just started an Fighter with:
16 str
15 dex
14 con
12 int
10 wis
10 cha

He'll be able to get a high AC for intimitanking (khopesh and shield) and all of the twf feats for dps. With all the fighter feats you can make then very versatile.

rimble
08-20-2009, 11:04 AM
I think in Mod 9 I'm keeping my eyes on self-spiking up to a 40:

16 + 5 Levels + 3 Fighter + 3 Tome + 6 Item + 3 Exceptional (ring) = 36 + 4 Defensive Stance = 40

Might not put Exc Str +2 on a ring, so 38 in that case.

Aranticus
08-20-2009, 11:06 AM
i agree with Borror0 in his assessment. if you want to be a defender, you would also want some decent saves. putting in 2 lvls of pally could make you quite an inpenetrable tank. the only reason to go pure is for dps and if you want dps go kensai

this is my kensai-tank build DPS/Intimitank (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=171420)

Emili
08-20-2009, 12:02 PM
i agree with Borror0 in his assessment. if you want to be a defender, you would also want some decent saves. putting in 2 lvls of pally could make you quite an inpenetrable tank. the only reason to go pure is for dps and if you want dps go kensai

this is my kensai-tank build DPS/Intimitank (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=171420)

:p Except for Skill Focus: Intimidate and a few enhancements I've now and of course still am lacking much the gear... I've been playing that same base since 32 points were available. My idea was more a versitile build ... meant to be good base to suit changing into anything fighter and adapting to it even if not the optimum... was last reroll my main to save me further rerolls of it while being able to be near anything a fighter could be.

Yargore
08-20-2009, 04:39 PM

As a defender you need all the DPS you can get, so pally splash is not a good move.
You can go dwarf and gain +5 to all saves (except traps) at the cost of 6 APs.

harold2560
08-20-2009, 05:04 PM
thank you for the insight fellas. Youve given me alot to think about for this build. I never thought of using twf for more versatility. Im going to take your ideas and head back to the drawing board and see what i can cook up.

Thanks!

Yargore
08-20-2009, 05:44 PM
thank you for the insight fellas. Youve given me alot to think about for this build. I never thought of using twf for more versatility. Im going to take your ideas and head back to the drawing board and see what i can cook up.

Thanks!

Save yourself some time: Dwarven intimi tank (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=194321)