PDA

View Full Version : How long to unlock 32 point builds?

lortext
08-02-2009, 05:21 PM
How long does it take to get enough favor to unlock 32 point builds and what is the lowest level possible? I play with my friends 2 nights a week and it seems like it would take forever to achieve.

Visty
08-02-2009, 05:26 PM
it depends on how you play
if you power through it i guess its doable in 1 week or 2
if you play casual as you do, then it will take alot longer

though i wouldnt really go towards 1750, let it come by, the differance of those 4 points is rather meaningless

moorewr
08-02-2009, 05:28 PM
You'll get 1200+ points by capping your character and running the endgame raids.. then you can go fill in missing quests to bang out the rest of the points.

I agree it just isn't that important. Player skill and raid items will count for far more than a couple stat points.

lortext
08-02-2009, 05:34 PM
My issue is that it seems like some enhancements require a base stat quantity. For instance, I am worried that my paladin that started with 14 charisma wont be able to get divine might 3

MDS_Geist
08-02-2009, 05:44 PM
Enhancement points and tomes count towards base stats, so you can still achieve Divine Might 3.

Visty
08-02-2009, 05:51 PM
Enhancement points and tomes count towards base stats, so you can still achieve Divine Might 3.

wrong, divie might just cares about your base (which includes tomes and lvlup points)

well, a paladin is a very stat dependent class, im sure you can either get that missing statpoint from another stat or live without DMIII
you dont want to play the game for 7 months befor you can start playing it (due to those selfrestrictions), believe me

Uska
08-02-2009, 07:29 PM
Took me over a year but I played to have fun not get favor and I didnt power level the character either took me about as long to reach lvl 16. But I had fun along the way and played a lot of quests people skip.

Propane
08-02-2009, 07:41 PM
You could go for 400 favor - roll up a drow - then take the drow and enjoy your time to 1750...
When you hit 1750, you will get a +2 stat tome of your choice... (bound)

Thanimal
08-02-2009, 07:55 PM
How long does it take to get enough favor to unlock 32 point builds and what is the lowest level possible? I play with my friends 2 nights a week and it seems like it would take forever to achieve.

My advice: Pretend 32 point builds don't exist. At 2 nights per week, it's too far off to think about. Don't let it ruin your gaming experience. Go to a hypnotist if you have to. :)

Lithic
08-02-2009, 08:04 PM
I got 1750 on my second account in about 2 days (could have been one, but I had to do things like sleep and spend time with the wife). That charcter is currently lvl 2. I had many advantages a casual player didnt though, such as a second account and second computer so I could park the favor character at the dungeon entrance and do the quest with my capped sorc or cleric, as well as a few other high level friends that needed to power through some favor.

Sounds that you are much more casual, with fewer resources, so it might be further off. The good news is that it is much easier to do today than it was 2 years ago. You could probably get it in 2 months at the liesurely pace you describe.

Freeman
08-02-2009, 08:24 PM
My issue is that it seems like some enhancements require a base stat quantity. For instance, I am worried that my paladin that started with 14 charisma wont be able to get divine might 3

You'll only see a stat requirement for enhancements on Divine Might and some of the Monk enhancements, so it won't be an issue for anything else. Also, tomes count, so you can easily get a +2 tome later and take the third level of Divine Might.(My paladin also started with a 14 Cha) Hopefully, the devs have learned their lesson and won't include any more ability requirements for enhancements, since the Divine Might ones are so badly done.(Look up the PnP equivalent, if you want to see what it should have been like)

Arnya
08-02-2009, 09:14 PM
3 servers in 2 months from a brand new character to 1750. No starter gear or cash. Maybe 25 hours a week if I played all night on the weekends...

Thelanis: 1ftr/12clr - Never went without a group if I wanted. Awesome soloist.

Khyber: 11bard - Never went without a group if I focussed on healing/buffing. Aussiee had me doing reaver at lvl9 and sub at 11.....

Ghallanda: 11wiz - Awesome soloist (WF), fairly easy to group.

Argonessen: 12ranger (in progress) - Mediocre soloist (slow & expensive to heal) - Grouping is sporadic, but making a rep for myself :)

Todash
08-02-2009, 09:36 PM
Ahh well I came back about a month ago with a new account to be a VIP and found out about the 32 point builds.

Someone mentioned the idea of getting 400 favor and rolling a Drow and then doing all your favor on the Drow toon to unlock 32 point...that way the character does not have to start of weaker.

So I was like well...

Option A : Grind 400 favor pretty slow for a month (since i play casual).
Option B : Just kinda try out the class types and get my we feet wet for a month and then buy Drow in the DDO store when it goes live.

I took option B...Then Turbine screwed me over and postponed the Launch to September @*#@#

So now I am where i was a month ago Option A or B lol...

I know people say the extra points are not game breaking, but I guess it will always just annoy me that the character is not as good as he possibly could be.

If The DDO store was not coming out, I would just grind it out no matter how long it took...but with My 11 month old son demanding my time, option B looked better and better.

Anyway, dunno what Im going to do, I might just cancel for awile and come back when ever it launches...as the main reason i came back in the first place was to have something to play while i waited for CHAMPIONS online to launch in September.

But with Beta being open to all Pre Order on Champions by August 17th, I probably won't be to eager to grind favor in DDO

Just thought I would share *Drinks more beer and looks at the Turbine Logo pinned to my dart board*

Uska
08-03-2009, 06:49 AM
Unless you liked CoX you will be bored with champs in about 2 nanoseconds

zedorf
08-03-2009, 07:21 AM

I played for over a year before I was capped on Level 16. Until then I had only played for fun and trying to do as many different quests as possible (isn't this what you are supposed to do?) but I was far from 1750.
When I decided to grind for 1750 I had to go back and force myself to do even quests I didn't like just to get over with it. It was plain terrible and it took me another year. Was it worth it? For sure! Those four pts can never be compensated by tomes or exceptional stats later on.
If you are a beginner you will most certainly lack in equipment, making elite quests too much of a challenge. Sure, you can join with some more experienced players but that will speed things up to the point where it isn't even fun.

So I suggest just have fun, go for levelling and don't bother about those 1750 favors until one day you are capped and bored and need something to do.

Todash
08-03-2009, 08:04 AM

I played COH/COV for a couple years...it's a fun game if you think of it more of a shooter with multi player than a MMO.

Although I don't know if DC universe will put them out of business when it launches next year...but knowing SOE track record they will @)(#* it up some how lol...Thinks about Vanguard and SWG for 5 seconds and becomes ill.

shores11
08-03-2009, 08:31 AM
There is no time frame it depends on how often you run quests and build favor. The time frame is up to you. As you do quests on various difficulty's watch your favor count tick up. When you get to 1750 bingo, 32 point builds.

dopey69
08-03-2009, 09:06 AM
My advice: Pretend 32 point builds don't exist. At 2 nights per week, it's too far off to think about. Don't let it ruin your gaming experience. Go to a hypnotist if you have to. :)

lol hypnotist + 1 rep for the laugh

dopey69
08-03-2009, 09:21 AM
Ahh well I came back about a month ago with a new account to be a VIP and found out about the 32 point builds.

Someone mentioned the idea of getting 400 favor and rolling a Drow and then doing all your favor on the Drow toon to unlock 32 point...that way the character does not have to start of weaker.

So I was like well...

Option A : Grind 400 favor pretty slow for a month (since i play casual).
Option B : Just kinda try out the class types and get my we feet wet for a month and then buy Drow in the DDO store when it goes live.

I took option B...Then Turbine screwed me over and postponed the Launch to September @*#@#

So now I am where i was a month ago Option A or B lol...

I know people say the extra points are not game breaking, but I guess it will always just annoy me that the character is not as good as he possibly could be.

If The DDO store was not coming out, I would just grind it out no matter how long it took...but with My 11 month old son demanding my time, option B looked better and better.

Anyway, dunno what Im going to do, I might just cancel for awile and come back when ever it launches...as the main reason i came back in the first place was to have something to play while i waited for CHAMPIONS online to launch in September.

But with Beta being open to all Pre Order on Champions by August 17th, I probably won't be to eager to grind favor in DDO

Just thought I would share *Drinks more beer and looks at the Turbine Logo pinned to my dart board*

roll one of these first,they are ez to group and ez to solo all those peskie favor quest when you are lvl 12 and have blade barrier :). i have one 28 point build and that is the first toon i rolled,a cleric. I have 4 clerics now, but that ole 28 point I first rolled up is still my fave :) and shows no weakness to ne of my 32 point clerics. Now some builds will be much better at the 32 point stage a cleric is just fine at 28 good luck and it will come just get out there and run !

Hokiewa
08-03-2009, 11:46 AM

Don't forget to add "in your opinion". You present things like this as fact, and it simply isn't. Many more people find WoW(I don't) entertaining, but adding a comment like this simply is your opinion.

Rydin_Dirtay
08-05-2009, 06:26 PM
Took me 6 months to get my 1750, and that was after starting over (toons 1-2-3 and 4 were all major gimps)

EKKM
08-06-2009, 03:08 PM
Don't forget to add "in your opinion". You present things like this as fact, and it simply isn't. Many more people find WoW(I don't) entertaining, but adding a comment like this simply is your opinion.

I would hope most people understand that it his opinion and not a scientifically proven (with a double blind study) fact.

******The preceding statements are merely an opinion of the poster and are not to be taken as proven fact. In addition, these statements are not those of Turbine, or its affiliates, and are not binding upon them in any way******