PDA

View Full Version : Unable to upgrade

Sylenius
07-31-2009, 12:08 AM
I posted on a similar topic but I don't think I phrased it clearly. I have already downloaded both the high res client and the beta. I have a free trial account. I tried to upgrade the account and it told me I was successful.. however... It still shows that I have a free trial account. Can anyone please give me some direction on what I need to do here? My credit card is valid and the information was accepted. I was on the https://myaccount.turbine.com/ site and logged in and went into account management.

jordanneff
07-31-2009, 08:56 AM
Not sure why this would happen. Have you tried closing out DDO entirely and logging back in? That's the only thing I can think of is that if you still had the window open (even the small one just for login) that it might not have updated your account data. I guess the best thing would actually just be restarting your comp, and if it's still not working contact turbine.

QuantumFX
07-31-2009, 09:27 AM
You may be SOL until next week. However one of the Customer Support Reps may be able to help.

The exciting transition from Stormreach to DDO Unlimited is underway! Before launch day, there are some things to be mindful of as we prepare for the coming of Free to Play!

The following services are being disabled for DDO Stormreach:

Free Trial Program
Referral Program
Buy Now/Upgrade

As part of the DDO Unlimited transition, the free trial program will be discontinued since DDO is going Free To Play, and you will no longer need to purchase the game client to get in game! A revamped upgrade and referral program will return in the future. Please note that during the transition period you will be unable to upgrade to VIP/subscription status. Be on the look out for more information as we transition from Stormreach to DDO Unlimited!

Sylenius
07-31-2009, 08:32 PM
You may be SOL until next week. However one of the Customer Support Reps may be able to help.

So...in other words... once my 10 day trial is up i am screwed? how lame... i actually want to upgrade and if they do not allow me to i will probably not play the game.... what a bummer man... that sucks big time...if they actually care about achieving new customers they should seriously look into this matter... i have the money, i want to join as a vip, and i cant? how crazy that they dont want to make money

dragonruler
07-31-2009, 08:33 PM
Does it still show your 10 day trial account when you go to log onto DDO?

errr...i mean do you still have to click on the trial account when trying to get on the game?

Sylenius
07-31-2009, 11:13 PM
Does it still show your 10 day trial account when you go to log onto DDO?

errr...i mean do you still have to click on the trial account when trying to get on the game?

Well, it actually says I have 7 days left when I log into game. I am also only able to post in the trial forums. So I am not sure what is going on, but if this is there way of starting out anew with this game then I am worried for them.. I love the game so far but if people who want to play the game and pay to have premium VIP status are not able to I would say that isn't good customer service. So it looks like I am stuck waiting until September until I can even play the game once my trial time is up. I want to play the game and dont mind paying but if this issue isn't cleared up it will strongly drive me away to other games.... I truly hopethis problem gets resolved....

Sincerly..
Chad

dragonruler
07-31-2009, 11:17 PM
I would wait for the trial to end and see if from there you can still get on because a lot of times if your still on trial when you go to upgrade it'll show the trial countdown until it expires. if not i would send in an e-mail to account support (http://www.ddo.com/ddosupport/account-support) or call them and go from there.