PDA

View Full Version : Could we bring some changes to Monk finishing moves? Please? =(

Jay203
07-30-2009, 02:03 AM
Please change the duration for all Monk finishing moves so it actually lasts longer with higher monk lvl, make the current duration the base duration, and + 6 seconds per monk lvl?
also, can we PLEASE change the way the game treats monk finishing moves so it's not treated as CASTING A SPELL? it's not a spell, it's an ability! it's really stupid to be placed under madstone rage and you can no longer use finishing moves =_=

BlackRage
07-30-2009, 02:22 AM
Agreed...

Uska
07-30-2009, 02:36 AM
Yes please

Gelandor
07-30-2009, 02:37 AM
Please change the duration for all Monk finishing moves so it actually lasts longer with higher monk lvl, make the current duration the base duration, and + 6 seconds per monk lvl?
also, can we PLEASE change the way the game treats monk finishing moves so it's not treated as CASTING A SPELL? it's not a spell, it's an ability! it's really stupid to be placed under madstone rage and you can no longer use finishing moves =_=

/signed.

Mhykke
07-30-2009, 03:30 AM
/signed

captain1z
07-30-2009, 03:33 AM
/signed 1000 x's

Monkey_Archer
07-30-2009, 03:44 AM
Monk light path buffs should use the same duration forumla as haste, recitation, prayer, etc...
Monk dark path debuffs should also increase the time between attempted saves

/signed

Kromize
07-30-2009, 04:21 AM
Hmm. Fix the ki system, and fix monks, then fix the "finishing moves", and actually make them finishing moves, instead of buffs/debuffs.

If ki is based on your concentration, how does it make sense that you gain more ki by fighting lots of mobs? You know, where it must be difficult to concentrate... Wouldn't it make more sense to start with full ki, and then as you fight you lose ki, and regain your key as you get time to be at peace and concentrate?

And instead of making the monk lighting fis n stuff actual moves that require ki, why not just add the damage in for every attack as a monk? That would help out monk dps... And you could be more creative for special moves that monks can get. Maybe get some real finishers. (:

sirgog
07-30-2009, 06:09 AM
Suggested Monk high-level finishing move:

Slicing Fists
Required prechain: Positive/Eatrh/Positive/Earth

You unleash a devastating chop attack that cleaves through your opponent's defenses.

This attack deals standard damage, plus 25 acid damage and 25 good damage. It threatens a critical hit on a roll of 15-20 (does not stack with any Imp Crit feats) and deals triple damage on a confirmed critical.

In addition, this attack bypasses all forms of Damage Reduction possessed by the foe you are attacking.

Taelan
07-30-2009, 07:01 AM
/signed ... most emphatically! :)

Damionic
07-30-2009, 07:08 AM
My Suggestion for monks

1. Allow inter-elemental finishing move eg Air/Water/Air or Air/Force (enhancment)/Air = Knock Down Finishing move on par with Air Elementals?

2. Do us a favour stop Killing Off the finishing move if we
i. switch a centered weapon
ii. use a pot
iii. open a door/use a switch...(This kills solo monking) also allowing bashing on doors and lockes would greatly help!

3. As above please can we store the finishing move..so it can be used as a clickie item (you charge one FM and then another one - Has to be the same FM and you can fire off two or three in sucession)

4. Charging FM's to form a Super Finishing Move...something like
Air = Chain Lightning
Water = Sleet Storm (with you Immune)
Fire = Triggered Fire Ball
Earth = Earth Grab
Dark = Trap the Soul
Light = Heal

ect.

redoubt
07-30-2009, 08:14 AM
yes please

darthuvius
07-30-2009, 10:36 AM
my monk is only level 5, but when i saw the finishing move button i was like neat. maybe i use it when the monster is down to like 5% health and it chops his head off or something. it doesn't seem to work like that though, perhaps it should.

rimble
07-30-2009, 10:45 AM
One suggestion to fix strikes:

If they really want to stay with those elemental damaging strikes (which kinda suck because everything has the energy resistance to ignore them, except for the physical damage of Earth) then just include it on regular punches.

Maybe make 'em toggles, and you can have a strike of each tier toggled on.

In my case I like cycling Earth III, Earth II and Earth I strikes. So if I were to toggle each of those on, Earth I adds 2 damage to my first attack, Earth II adds 4 damage to my 3rd attack, and Earth III adds 8 damage to my fifth attack (all with appropriate increases if that attack crits)...or something like that.

If I didn't have Earth III I could instead toggle on Fire III, or Water III, or whatever, which would instead add the appropriate damage to my fifth attack in place of Earth III. Make Void Strike just add that damage to one of your attacks, maybe increase the AP cost.

Have each tier toggled on impose another negative to Ki regen...but in such a way that you're not losing Ki at idle, like the Ki cost is charged 'per punch'...Tier 1 costs 0, Tier 2 & 3 cost 1, Tier 4 costs 2...but only if those punches are actually executed (ie don't stand around punching the air and draining your Ki away!)

Balance damage increases appropriately between Two-Handed and One-Handed weapons.

Finishing moves should be simplified from the three-strike method of having to build them up. Maybe a one-time larger Ki cost, with shared global cooldown between them.

VirieSquichie
08-03-2009, 07:54 PM
Hmm. Fix the ki system, and fix monks, then fix the "finishing moves", and actually make them finishing moves, instead of buffs/debuffs.

If ki is based on your concentration, how does it make sense that you gain more ki by fighting lots of mobs? You know, where it must be difficult to concentrate... Wouldn't it make more sense to start with full ki, and then as you fight you lose ki, and regain your key as you get time to be at peace and concentrate?

And instead of making the monk lighting fis n stuff actual moves that require ki, why not just add the damage in for every attack as a monk? That would help out monk dps... And you could be more creative for special moves that monks can get. Maybe get some real finishers. (:

Let's face it, the entire monk system as implemented makes no sense and is made in the style of an arcade fighting game, not the way martial artists could actually practice. Their target audience, after all, are the players of things like Mortal Kombat.

RobbinB
08-08-2009, 01:49 AM
One suggestion to fix strikes:

If they really want to stay with those elemental damaging strikes (which kinda suck because everything has the energy resistance to ignore them, except for the physical damage of Earth) then just include it on regular punches.

Finishing moves should be simplified from the three-strike method of having to build them up. Maybe a one-time larger Ki cost, with shared global cooldown between them.

Agreed. The regular elemental strikes should be passive and added to every punch. They could reduce the damage to d4 if that is somehow overpowered (but I don't think it is). Then there should be a high ki cost finishing move (eg chain lightning for wind stance) which either has a cooldown timer, or they could keep the 3-strike "charge" but just make all attacks count towards that (with maybe an automatic reset if the finisher isn't used within x seconds). Both approaches would work fine and save me from carpal tunnel syndrome.

RigorAdar
08-08-2009, 01:56 AM
Id be happy if the pos/pos/pos heal would stop turning off my CE:(

baddax
08-08-2009, 03:20 AM
Let's face it, the entire monk system as implemented makes no sense and is made in the style of an arcade fighting game, not the way martial artists could actually practice. Their target audience, after all, are the players of things like Mortal Kombat.

IF that is there target then they still failed....
Mortal combat had sweet combos and sweeter finsihers for its time....
Monks have neither of these and are more difficult to complete.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFt1cK7i4eM&feature=related or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2yAFH-ODL0&NR=1

assamite
08-08-2009, 03:57 AM
i dont know about some of these finishers... but longer duration is /signed
I would also like to see monk finishers usable with shurikan... might make throwing weapons worth while

VirieSquichie
08-17-2009, 05:27 PM
IF that is there target then they still failed....
Mortal combat had sweet combos and sweeter finsihers for its time....
Monks have neither of these and are more difficult to complete.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFt1cK7i4eM&feature=related or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2yAFH-ODL0&NR=1

No kidding. Dusted off a monk I made a few months ago (Nutin Nu t'Do on Thelanis) and ...wow... I had forgotten just how useless finishers were. The wind-up attacks work, sure, but nearly every finisher would neglect to actually fire until the monster was lying on the ground, even though it had nearly half health when I started hammering the finisher's key.

That and I'm fairly sure the few finishers that did go off properly were the source of the "save" text floating up from the baddies. I need to look up what those finishers all do, I'm not sure what I was trying to get them to save against... :p

For something that took so long to implement, it's boggling how poorly it functions.

(but then, the same could be said about the last year's worth of non-activity from Turbine...)

Uska
08-17-2009, 08:15 PM
Id be happy if the pos/pos/pos heal would stop turning off my CE:(

Yes please a thousand times yes.