PDA

View Full Version : LF Server with great end game guilds

Reeses007
07-28-2009, 06:56 PM
Alright well im getting sick and tired of Argonnessen. No good guilds whatsoever. Im thinking of getting a server transfer so to a server that actually has some good guilds.
Thanks for any suggestions!

shores11
07-28-2009, 06:59 PM
Alright well im getting sick and tired of Argonnessen. No good guilds whatsoever. Im thinking of getting a server transfer so to a server that actually has some good guilds.

This is now your 3rd post basically on the same topic. Just try other servers out, I have played some on all the servers and have ones I favor over others however the ones I favor are exactly because they are usually opposite of what you favor.

I hate zerging and will not play on Thenalis because in my opinion on what I have experienced they do it the most with the least regard for other players. Sounds like your cup of tea...

Brigadoom
07-28-2009, 06:59 PM
Ghallanda will have their elite guilds back in 30 days, so you will have to wait till then if you thinking about that server.

Reeses007
07-28-2009, 07:02 PM
Alright shores, im sorry for trying to get a wide range of opinions.

dopey69
07-28-2009, 07:08 PM
This is now your 3rd post basically on the same topic. Just try other servers out, I have played some on all the servers and have ones I favor over others however the ones I favor are exactly because they are usually opposite of what you favor.

I hate zerging and will not play on Thenalis because in my opinion on what I have experienced they do it the most with the least regard for other players. Sounds like your cup of tea...

you no you have to come to thelanis now cause we al uberz and shores won't play with us :)

imho try thelanis out and if you bring a whole **** load of mana pots with ya you can run with legion like it is 1999 :) jk i play on 3 servers and i would have to say thelanis might be what you lookin for. as of right now we are not free by no means but we are not finnished culling yet :)

KaKa
07-28-2009, 07:46 PM
Ya Argo guilds suck, its not like Argo players weren't the first to beat the Mod 9 raid in beta.

Argo guilds don't suck I bet you suck to much to be in a good guild.

Mhykke
07-28-2009, 07:48 PM

Stop trying to sweet talk us! :D

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii143/mykeuva/pwny.png

Minor_Threat
07-28-2009, 07:50 PM
it's most likely that this player was blacklisted from top guilds on his server.

Reeses007
07-28-2009, 07:50 PM
Alrighty think what you want buddy. I'll admit theres 2 good guilds on Argo and thats it.
Unbreakable and Archmagi
Im looking for a more diverse server, sorry.

Korvek
07-28-2009, 07:51 PM
No good guilds whatsoever.

Honest curiosity here, which guilds have you actually, you know, tried?

Reeses007
07-28-2009, 07:53 PM
Ok. like I said there are actually 2 good guilds, im sorry for exaggerating.

Lithic
07-28-2009, 07:58 PM
Ghallanda will have their elite guilds back in 30 days, so you will have to wait till then if you thinking about that server.

Unless things have changed, I believe he should wait about 9962 days till their end game picks up to previous levels heh.

Mhykke
07-28-2009, 07:59 PM
Alrighty think what you want buddy. I'll admit theres 2 good guilds on Argo and thats it.
Unbreakable and Archmagi

You're doing a disservice to yourself if you haven't run with Ransacked.

There are a lot of fine guilds on Argo, Unbreakable and Archmagi are 2 of those, you're correct. I wouldn't put any above Ransacked, and you didn't even mention them. But, like I said, there are great players in a lot of guilds....Jeez, I don't even want to start naming others, there's a lot I've had the pleasure to run with...Just depends on what you're looking for. Some are huge and have great players and some not as great, but still good....while other guilds are small and more skill based.

But if you haven't found what you're looking for, good luck on your other server! Godspeed!

Lerincho
07-28-2009, 08:00 PM
Unbreakable and Archmagi

only 2 good guilds on Argo.

yeah some great searching you've done.

follow the other recommendations, go to Thelanis

Reeses007
07-28-2009, 08:01 PM
Yeah ransacked is a great guild if only they were as active as they used to be. These days I might see 1 or 2 players on.

Mhykke
07-28-2009, 08:02 PM
Yeah ransacked is a great guild if only they were as active as they used to be. These days I might see 1 or 2 players on.

It's just a time difference thing. They run a lot of late night runs.

uhgungawa
07-28-2009, 08:22 PM
Well Khyber has no good guilds, so please stay away. Thank you ;)

Lithic
07-28-2009, 09:05 PM

Please list your character's names so we may help you.

Lerincho
07-29-2009, 08:32 AM
Please list your character's names so we may help you.

define help my friend? :D

Thucydides04
07-29-2009, 10:31 AM
The OP has a point, the good runs on this server aren't even guild run (except ransacked/unbreakable/ordos). The good runs are in channel, and the only way to get into a channel is to come on the forums and verbally felate those that run the channels. Quite frankly, the only real reason to join a guild besides friendships and other social aspects, is to get into shroud speed runs, any other quest is easy enough to PUG. Just my $.02

Lerincho
07-29-2009, 10:34 AM
EVERY other quest is easy enough to PUG. Just my $.02

fixed it for you.

Lorien_the_First_One
07-29-2009, 10:47 AM
it's most likely that this player was blacklisted from top guilds on his server.

Which is probably why other servers aren't jumping at this guy.

So OP, what makes "a good guild" in your mind? Which guild are you a part of and which ones have you joined and run with? And if we all suck on Argo, why ask our opinion of where to go?

Lerincho
07-29-2009, 10:53 AM
Which is probably why other servers aren't jumping at this guy.

So OP, what makes "a good guild" in your mind? Which guild are you a part of and which ones have you joined and run with? And if we all suck on Argo, why ask our opinion of where to go?

eh, forget all that rhetoric. just go over to Thelanis or Sarlona, leave Argonnessen to the people that want to be here.

bandyman1
07-29-2009, 01:16 PM
The OP has a point, the good runs on this server aren't even guild run (except ransacked/unbreakable/ordos). The good runs are in channel, and the only way to get into a channel is to come on the forums and verbally felate those that run the channels. Quite frankly, the only real reason to join a guild besides friendships and other social aspects, is to get into shroud speed runs, any other quest is easy enough to PUG. Just my $.02

How would you suggest that we recruit to channels bro?

Most of those " elite " channels grew out of groups of us from various guilds that were doing elite endgame together anyways. They were simply an easy way for us to form groups, with the people we were looking to raid with in the first place.

Coming to the forums and felating the channel creator is not going to get you access. Running with several members of said channel, and showing yourself to be a highly skilled, quick-thinking, and innovative player who's personality meshes well with the group is the way to get invited. If you don't match the above discription, then it's probably not going to happen.

As to the OP; You missed several. And I'd put PWNY and Ransacked on par with anyone.

PWNY and Ransacked play late night, and a lot of us run anon.

A lot of the frustration you feel is most likely related to the fact, that most of the great guilds on Argo don't PuG often. We're bored to tears man. Ran the content into the ground, and most of us don't have the patience to hold-hands through it anymore. Take Shroud for an example; I'm not going to spend 50 mins to an hour, in a run that should take all of 20 minutes, to explain what's going on, and hope the DPS we brought is enough to drop Harry in 3 rounds. I've ran 100s of Shrouds bro; I just don't have the patience for that anymore.

Thucydides04
07-29-2009, 01:49 PM
How would you suggest that we recruit to channels bro?

Most of those " elite " channels grew out of groups of us from various guilds that were doing elite endgame together anyways. They were simply an easy way for us to form groups, with the people we were looking to raid with in the first place.
Coming to the forums and felating the channel creator is not going to get you access. Running with several members of said channel, and showing yourself to be a highly skilled, quick-thinking, and innovative player who's personality meshes well with the group is the way to get invited. If you don't match the above discription, then it's probably not going to happen.

As to the OP; You missed several. And I'd put PWNY and Ransacked on par with anyone.

PWNY and Ransacked play late night, and a lot of us run anon.

A lot of the frustration you feel is most likely related to the fact, that most of the great guilds on Argo don't PuG often. We're bored to tears man. Ran the content into the ground, and most of us don't have the patience to hold-hands through it anymore. Take Shroud for an example; I'm not going to spend 50 mins to an hour, in a run that should take all of 20 minutes, to explain what's going on, and hope the DPS we brought is enough to drop Harry in 3 rounds. I've ran 100s of Shrouds bro; I just don't have the patience for that anymore.

How do you recruit more good players if you run anon and nobody has access to these "uber" channels? I agree with you, shrouding is mundane at best, but if there is no way to get into them, why would anyone want to stick around? 1 person is likely not going to be able to carry a group of dimwitted questers through the shroud, no matter how uber you are. So, I digress to my original post, the best runs are channel runs and nobody has consistent acces to them except those in the channel. And, since the runs are so smooth, nobody's play sticks out as exceptionally good or poor because everyone in the run is at such a high level it overshadows poor play and bettter play is only marginally better and likely not that noticable.

moops
07-29-2009, 01:55 PM
I think every server has great End Game/heavy raiding guilds. . .the challenge for you is to get into their groups, and get to know them:)

Honestly, if I meet someone that is not only a great player, but an awesome team player, they go on my list for people to send tells to for raids, I imagine this is how most raid leaders do things.

bandyman1
07-29-2009, 02:30 PM
How do you recruit more good players if you run anon and nobody has access to these "uber" channels? I agree with you, shrouding is mundane at best, but if there is no way to get into them, why would anyone want to stick around? 1 person is likely not going to be able to carry a group of dimwitted questers through the shroud, no matter how uber you are. So, I digress to my original post, the best runs are channel runs and nobody has consistent acces to them except those in the channel. And, since the runs are so smooth, nobody's play sticks out as exceptionally good or poor because everyone in the run is at such a high level it overshadows poor play and bettter play is only marginally better and likely not that noticable.

But we're not constantly in Shroud bro ( though sometimes it feels like it :D ). The way peeps get recruited is thus;

Most of AM channel is in the Shroud, and most of AOK channel is in a VoD. Temp, Tab, and myself are timered on all of our toons, so we decide to do some prey, kobold, and monestary runs for runes. We throw up an LFM, and you join. Few mins go by without any hits, so we decide to four man it. Now, one of three things happen;

Senario A)
Me in channel chat: "Hey. This guy's good. He's on par with Temp DPS-wise, doesn't need direction, and is pretty self-sufficient."
Temp: "This guy's cracking me up! He's freaking hilarious dude :D!"
Random channel member 1: " Name?"
Random channel member 2: " Who is it?"
Me: "Thucydides04"
Random1: "Yeah. I ran with that guy last night. Good player."
Random2: "I've ran with him a few times. Always seemed to keep up, and know what he was doing"

After a bit, you're more than likely getting an invite.

Senario B)
Thinks to self: This guy's OK. At least he keeps up with the group, and isn't whining about being lost. Still, could use some more DPS here.

Not going to happen. You're average. Not a bad thing, but it isn't going to get you an invite. Not being an ass here; We're just not looking for average.

Senario C)
Me: "LMAO!!! This guy's died 4 times, and he's freaking lost in the maze in prey!!! I don't understand why peeps can't read. The LFM said; Speed run. Please know the quest."
Tab: "OGOGOG he just ran in a attacked the freaking dragon!!!"
Random1: "So who's the noob?"
Random1: "Oh that guy sucks!"
Random2: "That ******* charmed the WFed in my Titan last night. Screwed the whole party :mad:!"

Never in a million years.

maddmatt70
07-29-2009, 02:33 PM
I think every server has great End Game/heavy raiding guilds. . .the challenge for you is to get into their groups, and get to know them:)

Honestly, if I meet someone that is not only a great player, but an awesome team player, they go on my list for people to send tells to for raids, I imagine this is how most raid leaders do things.

yep. It never hurts though being in a respected guild. I am sure even these anon groups need to grab players to fill out their runs from time to time. If you come from a respected guild you are more likely to get into their runs as well. Then if you play hard, are a team player, etc. you will get in with more frequency. If you need a change of scenery to shake things up another server is not a bad idea. You will face some of the same things though on the other server. It will take alot of work to get in with a decent guild and then to get the opportunity to play with more solid guilds.

If you know several like minded people on your current server you can also start your own group. I recommend that the group you would create tries to challenge itself. That is really one of the best ways to get better. Try to do shroud speeds, elite vod/hound, abbot completions, short mans; however you can challenge yourself so you are more prepared for the next difficult quest and/or new content.

Aerilyn
07-29-2009, 02:37 PM
OP, the other problem you are having is right now most of the Elite Guilds on Argo are AFK awaiting MOD 9. Those that are still active are only on a limited basis trying to finish off their DT Armor, Searching for scales & stones in the shroud or trying to get their 100th run on any of the other raids to finish out 1 of their 10 capped characters. Those guilds are very hard to get to know as most of them only run with one of their own or off the channels.

I personally run with all of those you call UBER & some that are not on a reqular basis and will send them tells when assembling raids or Refuge Runs.

You have forgot a lot of Great Guilds but then again maybe you don't know what a great guild is:(

Bergeyon

KoboldKiller
07-29-2009, 02:37 PM
These type of threads are so entertaining.

Either the OP has ran with several guilds and they didn't ask him to join so sour grapes, he has ran with some of the questionable guilds so thinks that is a proper representation of Argo, or hasn't really ran with any guilds and again sour grapes.

Then again I could be wrong but honestly when you make a thread like this it just makes you look silly.

Big-Dex
07-29-2009, 02:42 PM

No personal offense to the OP, but am I missing something here.

He/she hits the ARGO GUILD's forum saying he/she is sick and tired of ARGO and then asks those who are part of those bad ARGO guilds for a server that actually has some good guilds???? :confused: :confused: :confused:

I must be missing something...

Just sayin'

Dex was here. :cool:

Spisey
07-29-2009, 03:05 PM
Keep in mind OP that the new leet guilds ARE the channels. But, in order to make it there everyone involved in the channel must agree (for the most part) that you are worth running with continually. They don't like drama and bs past what we cause as our own entertainment (PS: Souless EAD! :D ). I'm only tolerated because about 30% of them still find grease funny...

And maybe the /drop channel explosion from me when those a$$holes in the channel trick me into thinking that certain people that I have squelched have been admitted. Just ask anyone in AM. Happened about 8 months ago and still the funniest misunderstanding to happen yet. ;)

Spisey / Darkstrike / Xxthermitexx

Naash
07-29-2009, 03:26 PM
But we're not constantly in Shroud bro ( though sometimes it feels like it :D ). The way peeps get recruited is thus;

Most of AM channel is in the Shroud, and most of AOK channel is in a VoD. Temp, Tab, and myself are timered on all of our toons, so we decide to do some prey, kobold, and monestary runs for runes. We throw up an LFM, and you join. Few mins go by without any hits, so we decide to four man it. Now, one of three things happen;

Senario A)
Me in channel chat: "Hey. This guy's good. He's on par with Temp DPS-wise, doesn't need direction, and is pretty self-sufficient."
Random2: "I've ran with him a few times. Always seemed to keep up, and know what he was doing"

Senario B)
Thinks to self: This guy's OK. At least he keeps up with the group, and isn't whining about being lost. Still, could use some more DPS here.

Not going to happen. You're average. Not a bad thing, but it isn't going to get you an invite. Not being an ass here; We're just not looking for average.

Senario C)
Me: "LMAO!!! This guy's died 4 times, and he's freaking lost in the maze in prey!!! I don't understand why peeps can't read. The LFM said; Speed run. Please know the quest."
Random2: "That ******* charmed the WFed in my Titan last night. Screwed the whole party :mad:!"

Best explanation evah!

Jonny_D
07-29-2009, 05:03 PM

Its my opinion that recruiting should be a rare occurance in a top guild/channel. This is in ideal times where content is being released in a meaningful way and there are multiple raids/quests that require more than auto pilot to complete.

In the environment of DDO right now the content is so old that almost all but the most casual have done it a fair bit, and most people have run it to death. There is no bar to measure peoples skill, except maybe shortmanning raids...but with raid loot mechanics it makes little sense to short man. What ends up happening is you get a glut of people with capped toons that can adequately complete content that get guild invites because your vets are all on haitus, vacation ... or some other reason ;) . here is no way to notice the rare person who is good, and having a friendly demeanor and the willingness to play your cleric is not really a good reason to get a guild invite. Those on the outside looking to break into the top ranks only have to wait another week because the new content will be out and a measuring stick will be available. Its my guess there will some people booted from some guilds and new channels will be formed to cut out the passengers making room for new talent.

On a side note... a good way to test new blood in old tired content is by debuffing your own party, making things difficult unexpectedly... dying on your cleric inshroud forcing the new guy to solo part 4, casting minor globe of invulnerability in the party group in shroud part 4, liberal use of grease and sleet storm, starting part 2 bosses while obuffing is happening on the part 1 side of portals, all of these methods spice things up and take people out of auto pilot... so if u see that happening dont be quick to complain... because someone might be testing you to see if u make the grade and worthy of an invite.

PS I will rarely, to the point of never, recommend (I once recommended Blahish b4 MLP was formed, but I heard Mhykke wanted in too so that was idea was discarded) anyone for an invite for my guild and often veto or vote against people, so if you have been denied access or been booted from the guild I am a member of guild, more than likely I had something to do with it. I rank requirements in three levels of importance #1 Loyalty/unselfishness... is the prospective member going to give a piece of raid loot up or not roll on it to a guildy who can use it way more in order to make the guild stronger #2 Skill, you better not suck... that means being able to execute instruction, forumlate strategy, and deal with the unexpected on competently made characters #3 Be able to put up with the joking/nonsense talk in guild/voice chat...no shatfoop D:):)shes allowed. #2 and #3 get you in the door or noticed, #1 keeps u in the guild and is the most important.

Osharan_Tregarth
07-29-2009, 10:15 PM
Senario C)

I live in this zone..... :D

kaelis
07-29-2009, 11:00 PM

On par with temp dps? I thought you were trying to recruit good players..

Spisey
07-30-2009, 01:04 AM

Senario A)

Senario B)

Senario C)

hmm, somehow I seem to be fitting into C here lately..... :D

ps. Dark now has sleet storm and grease... beware :p

totmacher
07-30-2009, 08:42 AM
i recommend red skullz

RED SKULLZ ROOLZ

and i think you're just looking for an easy invite to people who get things done. you gotta prove yourself first, if you don't like that, you can pug. that's just how it is, that's the truth

Mhykke
07-30-2009, 12:15 PM
i recommend red skullz

RED SKULLZ ROOLZ

and i think you're just looking for an easy invite to people who get things done. you gotta prove yourself first, if you don't like that, you can pug. that's just how it is, that's the truth

Wow Tot. Good post. Who wrote it for you?

transtemporal
07-30-2009, 03:12 PM
Either the OP has ran with several guilds and they didn't ask him to join so sour grapes, he has ran with some of the questionable guilds so thinks that is a proper representation of Argo, or hasn't really ran with any guilds and again sour grapes.

Or he could be a troll pushing the most likely buttons to get a response, lol.

Lerincho
07-30-2009, 03:16 PM
Or he could be a troll pushing the most likely buttons to get a response, lol.

nah this doesn't smell like Dark's writing style :P