PDA

View Full Version : CotP Now Recruiting

Delmar
07-25-2009, 06:12 PM
The Covenant of the Phoenix (www.covenantofthephoenix.com (http://www.covenantofthephoenix.com)) is now recruiting for new members to join its ranks when DDOU goes live.

The Covenant of the Phoenix is a multi gaming community that has been around for over 9 years. In addition to an active DDO Chapter, we have chapters in Acheron's Call, Star Wars Galaxies, Guild Wars, Everquest 2, Lord of the Rings Online, Age of Conan, Vanguard, World of Warcraft, Warhammer, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Champions Online and EVE Online. We also support multiplayer FPS games and pen-and-paper rpgs (including D&D 4th Edition).

While we are a multi gaming guild, we have successfully maintained that close knit family oriented feeling that is often associated with smaller guilds. We have a well maintained and family friendly website, active forums, a FPS game server and a 400 person Ventrilo server.
When looking for a guild, you should look for one that is has a history of stable leadership. We are a mature and drama free gaming community. Our members are easy going and very friendly. We emphasize making sure that our members are having a good time, whether it be while playing in-game, joking around in ventrilo or posting on our forums.

We are not a flash in the pan guild that promises the world and vanishes months later. Our guild is in it for the long haul and that mentality is readily apparent when you consider that our chapters are still going strong after all these years.

A guild can make or break a person's experience in a MMO. Different guilds for different folks. The trick is finding one that will become more like a family than a guild and will last throughout the years, allowing you to maintain close ties with your fellow players even after they or you move on to other games.

Our guild was founded on the principles of loyalty, honor, and brotherhood. We are constantly expanding in terms of both members and chapters. We are thriving because we are more than just guild members, we are friends.

Our membership ranges in age from teens to late fifties and geographically spans the globe (although most are adults residing in the North American continent). Most of us have jobs, or college commitments, and families; and therefore we support the premise that real-life has priority over game-life. So power gaming isn't required. You will never be asked to give or do more than you choose. How involved you are is up to you. We have no mandatory requirements regarding the amount of time you spend in the game, the number of posts you make to our website, or the number of times that you group with guildmates. The only thing that we ask is that you act honorably toward others, respect your fellow guildmates and have fun gaming!

On-line adventure games are more fun in the company of kindred spirits. I encourage anyone that is looking to join a mature gaming community to visit our site. In any case, it doesn't hurt to look. So, feel free to visit us at:

http://covenantofthephoenix.com (http://covenantofthephoenix.com)

toughguyjoe
07-25-2009, 06:48 PM
(including D&D 4th Edition).

DOOOOoooOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOOoooOOOoooOOMMMM!!!!!11 1!!!ONE!

However, your resume sounds impressive and i hope you get lots of members.

Delmar
07-25-2009, 08:09 PM
lol, I'm an old 1st & 2nd Ed. player. I've recently gotten back into it and 4th Ed is practically a completely different game from the D&D I knew. Its more like a tabletop version of an MMO.

There are alot of things that I miss about "old school" D&D. The clear distinction between, and roles of, the classes. You used to have to have a thief and a cleric before you could even think about adventuring. Yes, the classes were seriously unbalanced, but, hey, it was a heck of a lot of fun. And who can forget the illogical Armor Class system that made you strive for negative AC? But, it had more charm and imagination than any other game I ever played. It was the best.

Having said that, though, I now play 4th edition and I find it to be a great game as well. But to reach that conclusion I had to first think of 4th edition as a different game than 1st or 2nd (or 3rd from what I hear). It doesn't have the same character (no pun intended) or depth as earlier versions. It is streamlined and it seems that much of its design is based upon MMOs. However, it is a very good tactical game. In that regard, it is very balanced and I have a great time playing it with miniatures and a map.

Anyway, thanks for posting and I hope to see you in game!

anynamewilldo
12-15-2009, 12:28 PM
Any interested recruits should note that the very active COTP ddo home base has moved to the Cannith server. We will gladly offer plenty of assistance to help you get up and running on Cannith. I was very grateful I found a guild as good as COTP, and I know you would be also. Please come and see us on Cannith and visit our website as well.
www.covenantofthephoenix.com