PDA

View Full Version : LF Active raiding guild pre MOD 9

CIuB
07-20-2009, 12:55 AM
I am looking to join a Active raiding guild that is planning on devoting time energy and manpower to the new raid.

I am a Legion Founder who has come back to the game after some extended time away and am not up to the par with those of my former guild. I am looking for a boarding guild, untill my game is back to 110% and I can go home
I currently have 5 caped toons, although only 2 of them i will be guilding, as they are the only ones apropriotly geared to handle live content. I play a more passive role in the party, but always am capable of stepping up to lead AND EXPECT EFFICIENT GAMEPLAY within a few days of the MOD release. I have had a chance to see the inside of the new raid and would be happy to share my experiences and try to give the ol boys a run for their money.

Lithic
07-20-2009, 12:58 AM
oh boy... where to start with this thread lol.

Vint
07-20-2009, 01:45 AM
Whatever happend to the guild "CAPSLOCK"?

CIuB
07-20-2009, 04:46 PM
I will NEVER change my push to talk key, o wait you were a little serious.

Neevr heard of them, but I have been contacted by X, and am running with Pestilence and been trying to get a hold of Brotherhood of Blood.

Thanks for the support Flabby

Bartikus
07-20-2009, 05:00 PM
We normally charge 20 mana pots / day to board toons with our guild. We do however offer highly competitive discounts for ex Legion members. Find an officer online to learn more :)

Impaqt
07-20-2009, 05:11 PM
I am looking to join a Active raiding guild that is planning on devoting time energy and manpower to the new raid.

I am a Legion Founder who has come back to the game after some extended time away and am not up to the par with those of my former guild. I am looking for a boarding guild, untill my game is back to 110% and I can go home

Huh? You dont really want a Guild, you just want a place to temporarily hang out until you get good enough to go back to Legion? And you really think people are gonna be OK with that?

I currently have 5 caped toons, although only 2 of them i will be guilding, as they are the only ones apropriotly geared to handle live content. I play a more passive role in the party, but always am capable of stepping up to lead AND EXPECT EFFICIENT GAMEPLAY within a few days of the MOD release.

I come with inside knowelage about MOD 9 and wherever I go I expect to give the ol boys back home a run for their money.

What exactly does that mean?

CIuB
07-20-2009, 05:32 PM
Impaqut:
Yes I expect people to take this seriously. I dont know if you have pugged recently, but Legions undercuts are not something to be laughed at. I could have taken the Xorian attitude and just said hey im looking for a new home, but instead I am up front about my intentions.
/

As to your second point, what this means is:
I have experience within The Tower of Despair.

Who knows I may go public now that I am not covered by the LEgionairre Non-disclosure act. (Enacted 2006).
**JOKE PEOPLE**

Impaqt
07-20-2009, 05:42 PM
So lets consolidate this.

By your own admission, Your not good enough to run with Legion Right now.

Because of this, your going to take everything they taught you and share it with a new Guild.

And maybe even share it with Everyone.

ANd then they are going to let you back in?

Cool.

Sarcos
07-20-2009, 06:15 PM
So lets consolidate this.

By your own admission, Your not good enough to run with Legion Right now.

Because of this, your going to take everything they taught you and share it with a new Guild.

And maybe even share it with Everyone.

ANd then they are going to let you back in?

Cool.

bwahahahahaha, So much for joining ifv lol

Braegan
07-20-2009, 06:21 PM
bwahahahahaha, So much for joining ifv lol

You SIR are no gentleman! :D

CIuB
07-20-2009, 06:22 PM
Yes

I am not good enough for the Legion TAG at the moment, Legion is a 100% + guild, and I am operating at 80% and rising. This is only the opinion of a select few members of the guild. (of which I was considering leaving to hone elsewhere before houe cleaning started) That said I am looking for somewhere that people are still making mistakes and learning from them, not getting fed up with minor recoverable mishaps, examples:
* How to avoid swimming after encasements over water in Abbot
* Which mid speed range mobs actually move faster than others in Shroud
* How to maximize user interface for optimal performance

Womp (leader)
"You would fit in in Pestilence, and probably make one of their better players" (concerning skill level)
"Good we need some competition with the new MOD" (Concerning NonDisclosure act)

Memnir
07-20-2009, 06:22 PM
Dude, if I'm good enough to run with Legion - damn near anyone who tries hard can run with Legion.

I have lots of opinions on this whole shebang, but I'll just stick to what I said above and be politic for once.

CIuB
07-20-2009, 06:27 PM
I was actually thinking of IVF as one of the better guilds out there IF things came to a pinch, so much for that now, HA.

Hey you start booting people pre mod it risks information leak. not like it will do any good, but it may up the level of actual competition making the better of all of us.

Memnir, when was the last time you *ran* with Legion? (come Grazing hits, it will be more like a *jog* )

Braegan
07-20-2009, 06:35 PM
Club,

I'd urge you to rethink your approach on this. Being upfront is commendable but sometimes less is more. And you know the trolls don't need anything else to eat but will be drawn to this thread like moths to the flame.

My 2 cp.

Memnir
07-20-2009, 06:37 PM
Memnir, when was the last time you *ran* with Legion? (come Grazing hits, it will be more like a *jog* )Haven't been on the server for a while, true. Have had some issues, happens to all of us.

And if Grazing Hits slows you down that much - then maybe you do need a new guild.

CIuB
07-20-2009, 06:46 PM
Braegen your totally right. Problem is noone could take a joke, of ocurse I wont go public it was just meant to raise hairs, but the trolls had to come out of the woodwork. If anyone was in the officer channel when I left they would know that I planned to carry over knowelage to my new guild and that there were no problems with this. Hey if this gets too bad I could always utter the 5 letter word and have this thread eaten by the cube.

*** Posts edited to ward off trolls

** Mem I was making a Dungeon Alert funny, things are changing I just want to shake off the rust and not have it hit my brothers on the way off I have been away for almost 2 years (total)

CIuB
07-20-2009, 07:02 PM
ATTN:
Ashes of the Pheonix

I spoke with your son earlier today and would like to speak with you when you are on later tonite, I should be on around 1030 or 11 EST

al73r
07-20-2009, 07:23 PM
I might be catching an underling tone here so I will bite.

If you have any interest in DARPA just hit the link in my cig.

Ask around if you are unsure about our abilities.

Gorstag
07-20-2009, 07:43 PM
Just a suggestion, stay guildless and pug. There is nothing better at improving your skills (granted you have natural playing ability) than constantly testing your skills in sub-par pugs. I can kinda see where you are coming from. Though IMHO, I think the general playing ability of the overall playerbase has lessoned ever since most people want easy-outs. This started with the newest necropolis area, as everyone started running quest on normal only inorder to get everything from shield pieces to large ingrediants. I remember when it was taboo to even atempt anything on any other setting than elite. Anyway, back to topic, I'd try to stay guildless and pug it out till you think your playing ability has improved enough to join legion. They are honestly a powerhouse type guild that you should be top notch to carry their name. Anyway, have fun either way.

Though, if you must insist on a guild, I suggest one of the following.

Ground
Pestilence
DWAT
DARPA
IFV

These guilds should offer something close to what you are looking for in my opinion.

CIuB
07-20-2009, 07:59 PM
Will be looking into DARPA later tonite, putting my feelers out there at the moment and expect to make a decision my the end of the week.

I pug enough as it is and it does help bring playing ability forward, especially because you do get the chance to figure out what that lever does without missing out on the next quest in the chain because the other 5 members are moving at light speed.
Kittens will die en masse if I am Pugging new content. The world does not have enough cute fuzzy creatures to contain that rage. Things would be different if it was not Crunch time

Thank you for the change of pace back to serious posts

Braegan
07-20-2009, 10:44 PM
Dude, if I'm good enough to run with Legion - damn near anyone who tries hard can run with Legion.

I have lots of opinions on this whole shebang, but I'll just stick to what I said above and be politic for once.

I looked at this post a bunch and it's flat out wrong! Memnir is just a humble cat, don't let him fool you - he is t3h uberz!!! :)

Lorien_the_First_One
07-20-2009, 10:53 PM
Impaqut:
Yes I expect people to take this seriously. I dont know if you have pugged recently, but Legions undercuts are not something to be laughed at. I could have taken the Xorian attitude and just said hey im looking for a new home, but instead I am up front about my intentions.

Given your self stated abilities I suggest you consider IFV Explorers

Lorien_the_First_One
07-20-2009, 10:55 PM

I currently have 5 caped toons, although only 2 of them i will be guilding, as they are the only ones apropriotly geared to handle live content. I play a more passive role in the party, but always am capable of stepping up to lead AND EXPECT EFFICIENT GAMEPLAY within a few days of the MOD release. I have had a chance to see the inside of the new raid and would be happy to share my experiences and try to give the ol boys a run for their money.

Translation....

to any single good looking women out there... I left my wife and she says she's too good for me now. Are there any other good looking women out there that might teach me how to be better in bed so my wife might take me back?

Murgatroyd
07-21-2009, 07:25 AM
Well if Sarcos can run with Legion anyone can :D

Mekkah
07-21-2009, 10:44 AM
ATTN:
Ashes of the Pheonix

I spoke with your son earlier today and would like to speak with you when you are on later tonite, I should be on around 1030 or 11 EST

Hey, and don't forget...I gave you how many stones the other night while running Vale quests? ;)

al73r
07-21-2009, 11:49 AM
Mekkah you guys stole starbot from me so i'm going to try to steal ciub.

:D

Thrudh
07-21-2009, 11:57 AM
Translation....

to any single good looking women out there... I left my wife and she says she's too good for me now. Are there any other good looking women out there that might teach me how to be better in bed so my wife might take me back?

This.... is gold.... :) +1 rep to you sir!

DagazUlf
07-21-2009, 11:58 AM
Just when I thought these forums could not make me actually laugh any harder.

Thrudh
07-21-2009, 12:03 PM
I wonder what's wrong with the OP that Legion won't take one of their founders back?

As far as I can tell, Legion values skill, not detailed quest knowledge... Most Legion members have zero problems explaining what they're doing and why... They only get annoyed if you don't listen or are incapable of performing...

At least that's my experience with them in PUGs...

CIuB
07-21-2009, 01:35 PM
Really wife, love and marriage? I did not know there were emotions in DDO I think it is more like:

I helped start the most reputable school of Tantric Sex, but left after a time to explore hippies, psycodelics and a life at sea. Looking for partner, (my standards are not the best but she's got to have a pretty face)(for i follow the philosophy of *$%@ er till she's pretty)

* Im not the commitment type.

On a more serious note thank you all for the replies I will be savoring my raid timers and working on running with the few select guilds who I have been in contact with. I expect to make a decesion within the week.
Club

Sarcos
07-21-2009, 03:19 PM
Well if Sarcos can run with Legion anyone can :D

You're right, my gimp a** should join BOSS bwahahaha

Judo
07-21-2009, 03:28 PM

lol, f to the no, our refuge status is full atm :p

also, you kinda suck, son!

CIuB
07-21-2009, 06:41 PM
I have signed with DARPA

There is no doubt in my mind that this is a very good place for me.

Trolls you can have this thread, im done with it

Gorstag
07-21-2009, 07:03 PM
No need to flame, DARPA is a guild that I respect greatly. They have first class players in both playability and attitude. I honestly think that there is a good chance that you might find a permanent home with them as they are overall very good players as well. Anyway, have fun and enjoy the premod ZERG.

dopey69
07-21-2009, 07:18 PM
[QUOTE=Braegan;2313733]I looked at this post a bunch and it's flat out wrong! Memnir is just a humble cat, don't let him fool you - he is t3h uberz!!! :)[/QOTE]

/signed top notch in my books

Bartikus
07-21-2009, 10:26 PM
I agree too that it is a good choice.

/no troll

Braegan
07-21-2009, 10:57 PM

Hell-to-the-NO! Us East Coast boys gotta stick together!

To Club: GL in DARPA, I don't know all of them but everyone I do know there is awesomesauce!

Memnir
07-22-2009, 07:34 AM
Trolls you can have this thread, im done with itAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!! Flee!!!! TROLLS!!!!

.....http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn12/EnPsyane/evil_treasure_trolls.jpg

They have the nice, pretty lady already - and we're all next!!!
R u u u u u u u n!!!

.................................................. ......................(we are all going to die)

Elaril
07-22-2009, 07:50 AM
I have signed with DARPA

There is no doubt in my mind that this is a very good place for me.

Trolls you can have this thread, im done with it

This is good to see, CIuB. DARPA is a good group of players and a great bunch of people (those that I have had the privelage of running with). And you were always one of my favorite people to run/******** with. Hopefully this will work out for you and the guild the way that you want it to.

/salute for being upfront with your intentions despite the forum backlash that was to be suspected. Hope to run with you at some point in the near future.

Mekkah
07-22-2009, 10:51 AM
Mekkah you guys stole starbot from me so i'm going to try to steal ciub.

Touche! ;)

Of course, Ashes & DARPA could always come together to from the "Legion Talent Development Program"... :D

Glad Conp landed with you guys. Was afraid he would end up with a group like *gasp* Pest....well, nevermind...

SpanishBlueEyes
07-22-2009, 11:12 AM
So i am totally late on this but i for one want to say welcome back, and i am glad you have found another home.

CIuB
07-22-2009, 02:57 PM
Just wanted to pop back and say that I am enjoying DARPA. A little light on players, but nothing time can not fix.
Lead a PUG to pop out my Abbot Elite yesterday, and having DARPA puzzlers come in sealed the deal.
BTW, we completed on second try, and the first try got through the puzzles just fine, had inferno issues.
A special thanks to the other puzzlers:
Tree
Ren
Metalik

(Guild): You now lead a newly created guild named 'Legion Talent Development Prog', at least untill Alter logs on this afternoon so i can get my new alt guilded, it was too priceless

al73r
07-22-2009, 05:14 PM
we are having fun!

StarfishDDO
07-23-2009, 09:18 AM
Just wanted to pop back and say that I am enjoying DARPA. A little light on players, but nothing time can not fix.
Lead a PUG to pop out my Abbot Elite yesterday, and having DARPA puzzlers come in sealed the deal.
BTW, we completed on second try, and the first try got through the puzzles just fine, had inferno issues.
A special thanks to the other puzzlers:
Tree
Ren
Metalik

(Guild): You now lead a newly created guild named 'Legion Talent Development Prog', at least untill Alter logs on this afternoon so i can get my new alt guilded, it was too priceless

I know it isn't important, but I helped that Abbot ^^, Well When I say Helped I mean Heal! :)

al73r
07-23-2009, 11:30 AM
I know it isn't important, but I helped that Abbot ^^, Well When I say Helped I mean Heal! :)

quitter! lol

sorry I couldn't help it!