PDA

View Full Version : flight of fancy -- skill point tomes?

Olympia
07-17-2009, 09:55 AM
just an idea...

how about introducing rare drop skill point specific tomes that stack with everything, including attribute bonuses? like a +1 manual of aquatic competence (+1 swim skill) and so on? clearly, my hypothetic example would be pretty much vendor fodder...but imagine the price for a +1 or 2 UMD tome?

make them non-binding and fully tradable. this'd also give some nice add'l random loot drops.

maybe a dumb idea...dunno.

KingOfCheese
07-17-2009, 10:01 AM
I think it is a great idea. It would add excitement--and in no way would be game breaking so long as the + was kept sufficiently low. UMD and Intim would be much sought after.

cdbd3rd
07-17-2009, 10:08 AM
Probably be subject to the same level requirements as new Tomes will have, shouldn't be anything game breaking. Nice boost to loot tables with items folks would use for the most part....

+1 to +3, Inherent bonus.... Even if the Powers decided they needed to be Bound-2-Acct for some reason, would be cool.

:)

Pwesiela
07-17-2009, 10:15 AM
Not to rain too heavily on your parade, but it's been suggested before and discarded. :o

Olympia
07-17-2009, 10:16 AM
Not to rain too heavily on your parade, but it's been suggested before and discarded. :o

i never claimed it was particularly novel...but a quick search of the forums didn't yield anything for me. why was the idea tossed?

QuantumFX
07-17-2009, 10:17 AM

But that was when it seemed like we would see +23 skill items at level 20.

I think this would be a cool idea if they were labeled “exceptional bonuses” rather than “Inherent bonuses”

Thoreg
07-17-2009, 05:01 PM
Cool idea. Will never happen though. :(