PDA

View Full Version : Auto leveler?

Honey
07-15-2009, 03:04 PM
I play with my family, about 3 to 5x per week, and my husband pretty much has to level me and pick my feats and enhancements, I see great builds on the forum, but for me to pick the right feats at the right time is pretty much impossible, so is there a program that you down load a build you see in the forum and it auto levels you? I also have a level 4 charactor(3 ranger 1 monk(halfling) that should be a 32 pt but I am not sure if I chose one of the preset paths at the start, which I have since been told does not use your extra 4pts that we spent so much time getting. Here are my current base stats maybe you can tell if it is a 32 or 28 (base stats at level 4) st 14 dex 18 con 14 wis 12 int 12 cha 8 is this a 32pt build? I am also lawfull neutral, so finding weapons with multiple damage is really hard, every thing seems to be pure good as its secondary trait, can I even use Holy later? Suggestion #1 load a build you see and it auto levels. Suggestions #2 Your auto builds you have now should include the 32 pts if they are available or put a disclaimer "Warning by using this you are wasting 4 pts at charactor creation" #3 Make more stuff for neutral charactors.
If I am a 32 pt build should I still make a new charactor based on my alignment choice? I am a poor player at best so every little bit helps. Thank you

EKKM
07-15-2009, 03:19 PM
There is no auto leveler other than the preset paths which as you noted, do not pick enhancements for you and they only use 28 point builds. It should have a warning on it about the 28 pt thing if you are eligible for 32 pointers.

I need to know your race to tell you them number of points you spent at creation and if those figures include the stat point you would have got at level 4. Also be sure to indicate if you have any equipment modifying your stats.

As to alignment, while you cant use pure good weapons you also can't be damaged by unholy weapons. If you are able to obtain the use magic device skill you will be able to use pure good eventually. There are lots of weapon types so I wouldn't worry to much about that.

Edit - yes you can use holy

Honey
07-15-2009, 04:30 PM
I am halfing, and all the stats I listed above are what is listed as base when you mouse over the number now, I am sure I picked dex at level 4 if that is where you get to add a stat, not sure how that shows up?

EKKM
07-15-2009, 04:55 PM
So lvl 1 stats were;
S 14 - 10 points
D 17 - 8 points
C 14 - 6 points
I 12 - 4 point
W 12 - 4 points
Ch 8 - 0 points

32 points - looks like you did not take a path

This assumes you did not use a tome though

Zippo
07-15-2009, 05:09 PM
I play with my family, about 3 to 5x per week, and my husband pretty much has to level me and pick my feats and enhancements, I see great builds on the forum, but for me to pick the right feats at the right time is pretty much impossible, so is there a program that you down load a build you see in the forum and it auto levels you? I also have a level 4 charactor(3 ranger 1 monk(halfling) that should be a 32 pt but I am not sure if I chose one of the preset paths at the start, which I have since been told does not use your extra 4pts that we spent so much time getting. Here are my current base stats maybe you can tell if it is a 32 or 28 (base stats at level 4) st 14 dex 18 con 14 wis 12 int 12 cha 8 is this a 32pt build? I am also lawfull neutral, so finding weapons with multiple damage is really hard, every thing seems to be pure good as its secondary trait, can I even use Holy later? Suggestion #1 load a build you see and it auto levels. Suggestions #2 Your auto builds you have now should include the 32 pts if they are available or put a disclaimer "Warning by using this you are wasting 4 pts at charactor creation" #3 Make more stuff for neutral charactors.
If I am a 32 pt build should I still make a new charactor based on my alignment choice? I am a poor player at best so every little bit helps. Thank you

A while ago I had mentioned a suggestion sort of in this vein. It was more in line with the paths that Turbine had added to the character generator screen and allowing for the creation of your own pre-determined paths. Basically the thought was when you are creating a toon you could go through and choose by level all of the feats, skill points, and class or classes to run you through the cap and would allow you to just go to the appropriate trainer get the chat box telling about your paths choices for that level and be along your way.

How something like this would benefit you would be more of a case of (as I was reading it in the op he chooses for you anyways) your husband doing the pre-build in the char gen screen and you would then just have to go to your appropriate trainer and level up.

Was just a thought and I don't remember getting a dev type answer so if they had any thoughts about it as far as plausability for addition that would be great as well.

Honey
07-15-2009, 05:39 PM
Thank you for doing the math, I guess I am going to keep her, I like the name (Lorainahobit)if you have any idea of gear for a lawfull neutral charactor?
Thank you