PDA

View Full Version : I'm stupid: How do I leave intro island

jfunk
07-10-2009, 07:47 PM
Yes, I'm an idiot. Yes, I tried searching (but admittedly not for more than 10 minutes), but I get the sneaking suspicion something may be wrong.

I've completed every quest on the island with the exception of "Slayer", which I currently have roughly 240 kills out of 400 for the next level.

I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to be able to leave after stopping the dragon/mind flayer. However, the boat guy just keeps saying "We can leave now...just give us some time to load the cargo". What do I have to do to "give him some time"?

There are no more quests, except just killing more mobs. Do I really have to get to a certain Slayer milestone to leave? I tried asking in game, but there appears to actually be not a single other sole on the island with me right now....I think everybody is playing the beta instead, but I'm trying to start a real character since I played the beta and liked it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,

j

The_Cataclysm
07-10-2009, 07:49 PM
You are probably talking to the wrong person. I believe the person who takes you off the island is female.

jmonty
07-10-2009, 07:53 PM
i remember i had problems there too.. wish i could give a concrete answer..

have you talked to the quest givers and gotten your endrewards?

a quicker solution might be to put up a looking for group tag and ask for help in game.

( press the O key, and hit 'create group')

Gornn
07-10-2009, 07:55 PM
Yes, I'm an idiot. Yes, I tried searching (but admittedly not for more than 10 minutes), but I get the sneaking suspicion something may be wrong.

I've completed every quest on the island with the exception of "Slayer", which I currently have roughly 240 kills out of 400 for the next level.

I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to be able to leave after stopping the dragon/mind flayer. However, the boat guy just keeps saying "We can leave now...just give us some time to load the cargo". What do I have to do to "give him some time"?

There are no more quests, except just killing more mobs. Do I really have to get to a certain Slayer milestone to leave? I tried asking in game, but there appears to actually be not a single other sole on the island with me right now....I think everybody is playing the beta instead, but I'm trying to start a real character since I played the beta and liked it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,

j

You need to do some quests.

You need to do a series of quests to get off the island

Dythan
07-10-2009, 08:09 PM
After you kill the crystal, you go and talk to the wizard. He opens a DDoor that takes you back to Korthos Village. If you Finish out, instead of taking the DDoor it can bug your toon. If this is the case, redoing the Misery Peak quest should fix it.

After the Ddoor, your instructed to talk to the ship captain, who is standing on a rock to the left of the dock. She will give you the necklace, to complete a set of gear. She sends you to the first mate(iirc) on the dock, and he sends you on to StormReach.

As an aside, if you talk to the captian 2 times, she gives a quest to talk to Mari, a girl on the Stormreach docks. Talking to her will net you 2 small Collectable and Gem bags.

jfunk
07-10-2009, 08:15 PM
Thanks guys, I got it.

I had to talk to the captain of the boat quest giver for what I am almost positive is a SECOND time. His icon wasn't green or anything like the other completed quest people and I didn't get any "quest complete" type acknowledgment. But upon talking to him for (I think) a second time, he said I could now get passage and the guy on the dock now let me ask to transport.

Thanks for the help. Sorry for the stupid question.

j

Falcron_Grayblade
07-10-2009, 08:37 PM
Yes you have to talk to him twice, once to get your reward and a second to advance your quest basicly.

Jeannie
07-10-2009, 09:17 PM
Not a stupid question at all. This game is full of neat little things that will make you want to bang your head against your desk :rolleyes: It's still fun though - good luck in the harbor :)

Harncw
07-10-2009, 09:27 PM
I've been playing this game for 3 years and it was a hassle for me when I ran it today.

Welcome!