PDA

View Full Version : Char transfer

Kazorn
07-09-2009, 12:06 PM
Two weeks ago i ask for a char transfer (Kazorn) from Sarlona to Thelanis, but got no response or mail.

I didnt put another request in Premiun Services page to avoid double charge in my credit card.

Im still waiting. Any sugestions? At least some feedback?

Thanks

Detox
07-09-2009, 05:56 PM
Like to know the same as well, although I just did mine today. I don't understand why non paying issues would get addressed over one's considered premiums that we paid for. I found something that said non premium issues would be taken care of wih 1-2 days , then right after it said Premium issues 1-2 weeks. This makes sense?

Detox
07-10-2009, 12:28 PM
*crickets*

Kazorn
07-14-2009, 08:15 AM
3 weeks now. :(
premiun service?

cdbd3rd
07-14-2009, 08:46 AM
Others have had to make a call to Customer Service to get things rolling. IIRC, they got their transfer like the next day after calling in a reminder on it.
I think maybe they sometimes forget to check that particular mail box... :rolleyes:

Victorie
07-14-2009, 11:53 AM
Current turn around for all Premium Services is about 2 weeks (please note this may not include US national holidays, such as July 4th). This is due to the large volume of requests we currently have. Please also note that character transfers & renames can't be done if the worlds are down. The FAQs and confirmation pages have been updated to indicate this.

A confirmation page is displayed after the request is successfully submitted. If you aren't sure that the request was received, you can re-submit it, but please note that it may be a duplicate.

You'll receive an email confirmation once the service has been processed. In the meantime, feel free to play any other characters on the account. You can even play the character you want to transfer, but we recommend not doing so Monday-Friday between 9am and 9pm Eastern. That's when premiums are usually processed, and if you're logged in and miss the tell asking you to log out, it will delay the process. We do have a team that only does Premiums.

If it has been more than 3 weeks, you might want to contact the Account Management department. The Premiums team may have asked for additional verification and not received it, due to a mis-typed email or the email being caught in a spam, junk or deleted folder. This has happened to a few players.

You can call the Account Management department to confirm the request was received and verify some of the information. However, they can't expedite the process. I'd guess that most of the people calling who had it transferred shortly afterward called about 2 weeks after they submitted the request.

Detox
07-14-2009, 04:54 PM
Current turn around for all Premium Services is about 2 weeks (please note this may not include US national holidays, such as July 4th). This is due to the large volume of requests we currently have. Please also note that character transfers & renames can't be done if the worlds are down. The FAQs and confirmation pages have been updated to indicate this.

A confirmation page is displayed after the request is successfully submitted. If you aren't sure that the request was received, you can re-submit it, but please note that it may be a duplicate.

You'll receive an email confirmation once the service has been processed. In the meantime, feel free to play any other characters on the account. You can even play the character you want to transfer, but we recommend not doing so Monday-Friday between 9am and 9pm Eastern. That's when premiums are usually processed, and if you're logged in and miss the tell asking you to log out, it will delay the process. We do have a team that only does Premiums.

If it has been more than 3 weeks, you might want to contact the Account Management department. The Premiums team may have asked for additional verification and not received it, due to a mis-typed email or the email being caught in a spam, junk or deleted folder. This has happened to a few players.

You can call the Account Management department to confirm the request was received and verify some of the information. However, they can't expedite the process. I'd guess that most of the people calling who had it transferred shortly afterward called about 2 weeks after they submitted the request.

2 weeks to copy/paste isn't really acceptable when you even advertise that non pay issues are dealt with faster. Why prioitize a non paying issue over something someone is paying for? It simply makes no sense. You can't tell me you don't have 1 person who understands how to copy a char to a server and delete the old from the other server and make that his #1 duty if you have the #'s of requests you are claiming. If you don't , show me a link to a application , I'll come do it since a graduate with a Bachelors in game design needs real world experience anyways to get work in this industry. I just don't understand the hold up....makes zero buisness sense to take care of non pay issues over pay issues.

Kazorn
07-17-2009, 06:25 PM
Problem solved. Thanks.

Detox
07-18-2009, 06:43 PM
Problem solved. Thanks.

gratz man, now what did you have to do to get it done?

Victorie
07-20-2009, 11:33 AM
We have a separate department that handles Premium Services. The Premium Services queue is handled separately from the Account Management queue. Both departments do have a lot of volume at the moment, but we are working to expedite all of the answers and processes. In the mean time, all emails are answered as quickly as possible. They are answered in the order they are received in each department queue by the department (ie the Account Management emails are answered ASAP in the order they are received by the Account Management department, and the Premium emails are answered ASAP in the order they are received by the Premium department.) Please note that neither department has priority over the other, contacts are prioritized within the department.

Detox
07-20-2009, 03:24 PM
We have a separate department that handles Premium Services. The Premium Services queue is handled separately from the Account Management queue. Both departments do have a lot of volume at the moment, but we are working to expedite all of the answers and processes. In the mean time, all emails are answered as quickly as possible. They are answered in the order they are received in each department queue by the department (ie the Account Management emails are answered ASAP in the order they are received by the Account Management department, and the Premium emails are answered ASAP in the order they are received by the Premium department.) Please note that neither department has priority over the other, contacts are prioritized within the department.

That's fine and all. Thing is though, no response in 2 weeks now on my trnsfer request. IS it so tough to even incorporate a service that is automated to send an email out to people who request premium services via an email system? It is common practice and simple code in today's world to do. You can't tell me Turbine who made a fantastic game cannot provide a simple auto mail response to premium requests. Example : Customer fills out premium form hits accept, then an automated system sends out an email that it was recieved. Right now I've filled out the form and have no clue if it was recieved or not. Put yourself in our shoes and think about it for a minute. In today's economy we have to pretty much watch every nickel and dime in our personal finances. Right now I got to decide whether or not to go buy food/gas/pay a household bill, becuase I don't know day by day when you people are going to charge my credit card. If i knew when it would be handled somewhat, not asking for a definite date, I could work my budget better to accomodate everything needed. I just don't understand what the problem is with allowing the customers to know when or when not they will be charged for the services. Emailing me the day you charge me could end up in an overdraft if I am not careful. And that would be my fault, but in reality it was because your company failed to provide the needed information to budget correctly. That is what I am so worried about.

apacheizm23
07-20-2009, 07:23 PM
I called them today to ask them about the Character transfer I filled and all is good and ready. Now she said that I should have my character in Khyber by middle of next week, which is fine by me.

apacheizm23
07-28-2009, 10:14 AM
I'm still waiting. She said she got it on the 14th of July? 2weeks.

Victorie
07-28-2009, 07:56 PM
I'm sorry they're taking so long. I can confirm that they are all done ASAP in the order they are received. We do have a lot of requests right now, and they're working through them as fast as they can.

apacheizm23, I can confirm that your request is in the system, but hasn't been processed yet. They will email when it is complete.

Zynn3D
08-07-2009, 03:31 PM
Ive been waiting to get my cleric transferred from Ghallanda to Khyber for quite a while now...
I REALLY want to play my cleric.

I know for a fact that copying and pasting some database entries can't take that frikken long, even if you do have a lot of requests. Just zip up and export the character's database info on the old server, then click import on the new server. Heck, for all I know, you may even have a mini-app that lets you drag and drop toons from one server to another, further simplifying the whole process.

It isn't like you have to hire a moving company with a big truck to physically move all the loot and such. <shrugs>