PDA

View Full Version : In need of a high ac tank that still hits good

storm_x3
07-07-2009, 07:19 PM
I need to make a good ac tank that stills hits high any suggestions.

Absolute-Omniscience
07-07-2009, 07:23 PM
http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4959992&postcount=397

Wont get much better than that to be honest. Works as human as well, with some modifications ofcourse.

captain1z
07-07-2009, 07:32 PM
I made a dwarf 10 fighter/ 6 barb dwarf axe and board w/ 4 pts of armor mastery and mitheral plate (or can do dragon touched later).

rages to 40 str and con (madstone included) while maintaining 59- 63 AC (depending on rages but all self buffs).

some greensteel and tomes but nothing fantastic....... you may get a better option posted but its an idea thats been working for me since gianthold 1st came out.

Monkey_Archer
07-07-2009, 07:50 PM
http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4959992&postcount=397

Wont get much better than that to be honest. Works as human as well, with some modifications ofcourse.

Definatly a good build there... similar to something ive been wanting to try...

I dont have a build layout yet but i have been looking into a monster-style defender build...
12stalwart defender/6 tempest/ 2 monk with similar stats and feats as the above build... basically the idea was to trade a bit of S&B tanking AC for extra dps, TWF ac and evasion.

captain1z
07-08-2009, 05:01 AM
Mind u I did this a long time ago. 1st rolled the week Gianthold went live..was built with gianthold as a benchmark. I really dont play him all that often but hes one tough sob and the shroud only made him better.

Fighter 10/ barb 6 Dwarf
(I dubbed it my 50/50 build even tho at one point I saw no benefit to remaining half and half)

True nuetral (because at the time it was cool but not being able to use pure good weapons hurts)

(I dont have 32 pt builds...would work better at earlier. Although I was able to rock out quests on elite and 3 levels higher than me with no issues what so ever)

Str 33 (41 raged) 21 base +3 tome+3feats+6 items) I think I put all my points here at level
dex 22 (13 base+3 tome+6item)
con 30 (40 raged) 17 base+3 tome+6 item)
int 8 dumped
wis 10
cha 6 dumped

HPs 561/641 raged

AC = 10 base, 6 dex, 13 armor, 7 shield, 5 deflect, 2 dodge, 4 misc, 1 feat = 48
(not sure what all this was from but madstone will give me +4, haste +1, and my uncanny dodge boost is +6.... Im sure that still falls short of the 63 self buffed I figured on while at work but I know in raid groups Ive hit 67 without using my uncanny dodge [or maybe with Im not really sure now that I think about it]...... party buffs FTW) madstone, 2 greensteel, mith full plate not much else really......I think.

feats (now dont laugh here because mobs ran away from u forever when I rolled him so I did what I thought was best..... actually I still like his feat selection but If I look at it Im sure I could really optimize it)

Dodge, mobility, spring attack, power attack, cleave, toughness, stunning blow, weapon focus slash, weapon specialization slash, greater weapon focus, improved crit slashing

enhancements all give me more HP, dwarven tactics, con boost 3 dwarf 1 barb, fighter str, armor mastrey dwarf and 1 fighter, axe damage.

disect it and comment on how it can be better if u wish Im sure it could be and the info can only help those that are really interested anyway.

Aranticus
07-08-2009, 05:22 AM
DPS/Intimitank (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=171420)

L16 stats:
70+ tanking AC
max DPS dual khopesh @ 40 str
20+ saves
60 intimidate, 30 umd

edit: this build can either go stalward or kensai. the slant is towards kensai due to its maxed out offensive nature