PDA

View Full Version : How to max AC?

vikhik
07-04-2009, 05:41 AM
I've been thinking of starting an intimitank, focusing on achieving the maximum AC first, then maximum intimidate. Had a look around and class based buffs and this is what i've come up with so far for mod 9:

Maximum AC build
Mithral Full Plate +x (8+x/13)
Heavy Shield +x (2+x/7)
Dex Bonus +6 (6/X)
- Max Dex = Fighter Armor Mastery 3, Fighter Stalwart Defender 3(inc max dex by how much??), Mithral Fullplate
Natural Armor +x (x/5)
Deflection bonus +x (x/5)
Dodge +1 (1)
Fighter Stalwart Defender 3 (1)

Unbuffed = 10+13+7+6+x+5+5+1+1 = 48+x

Buffs:
Fighter Armor Class Boost +5 Misc for 20s (30s CD)
Bard: Inspire Heroics +4 Dodge
Cleric: Recitation +2 Luck
Paladin: Aura/Bulwark of Good +5 Misc
Sorcerer/Wizard: Haste +1 Dodge

Buffed = 48+x+5+4+2+5+1 = 65+x
or 63+x if you use Stalwart Defender stance instead of Armor Class Boost for extra hate

Also static DR 4/- just from stalward defender!

If someone could tell me what unique items I should seek out or if I've missed anything it would be great! :)

P.S. What is the max dex increase for Stalwart Defender, and I hope it stacks with mithral/armor mastery?
P.S.S. Only have 28pts, no tomes. Sure I know if I want to max AC properly I should wait till I hit 1750 favour, but I cant be assed!

Zuldar
07-04-2009, 06:05 AM
10 base
16 Dragon touched full plate with armor ritual
10 +5 mithral tower shield with shield ritual
9 maximum dex bonus with dwarf, fighter, and stalwart defender bonuses
2 chaosguard
4 insight
3 chattering ring
1 dodge feat
5 combat expetise
4 natural armor on dt fp
5 protection
3 stalwart defender
4 stalwart defender stance dodge bonus
76 unbuffed ac

1 ranger barkskin
4 bard song
5 paladin
1 haste
2 recitation
89 with buffs

vikhik
07-04-2009, 06:23 AM
10 base
2 chaosguard
4 insight
3 chattering ring
1 dodge feat
5 combat expetise
4 natural armor on dt fp
5 protection
3 stalwart defender
76 unbuffed ac

1 ranger barkskin
4 bard song
5 paladin
1 haste
2 recitation
89 with buffs

Firstly, I'm quite new so i dont know any of those items, where/how do i get them?
Also isnt stalwart defender only +1 and the stance only +3? :/
What do you mean by armor/shield ritual?
Doh! forgot combat expertise!
And can't you get a +5 nat armor item so you dont need barkskin? If you can't then may as well use the nat armor slot for something else, no? and just rely on barkskin and swap out the item if there's no ranger in the group..

Absolute-Omniscience
07-04-2009, 06:23 AM
10 base
2 chaosguard
4 insight
3 chattering ring
1 dodge feat
5 combat expetise
4 natural armor on dt fp
5 protection
73 unbuffed ac

1 ranger barkskin
4 bard song
5 paladin
1 haste
2 recitation
86 with buffs

+5, ac boost
+1 paladin aura (if the paladin is DoS)

=
87-92

Zuldar
07-04-2009, 06:28 AM
Firstly, I'm quite new so i dont know any of those items, where/how do i get them?
And can't you get a +5 nat armor item so you dont need barkskin? If you can't then may as well use the nat armor slot for something else, no? and just rely on barkskin and swap out the item if there's no ranger in the group..

It's assuming you take the third tier of stalwart defender, it's in the compendium if you want to check it out. You can use the stone of change with certain collectables to give your armor and shields a +1 alchemical dodge bonus. Natural armor bonuses from items only go up to +4 if you get the dragon touched natural armor bonus

+5, ac boost
+1 paladin aura (if the paladin is DoS)

=
90-95

Thought about including that, but the armor boost only lasts for 20 seconds.

Absolute-Omniscience
07-04-2009, 06:30 AM
16 Dragon touched full plate with armor ritual - From reavers refugee (mod 8 armor, do stealer of souls to optain it)
2 chaosguard - From Xoriat cipher, level 8 quest located in house J
4 insight - From shroud weapon
3 chattering ring - From the Titan raid
1 dodge feat
5 combat expetise
4 natural armor on dt fp - Can't get more than +4, this is an effect possible on the DT armor (mod 8 armor)
5 protection - cloak, dt, or ring.

http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Eldritch_Rituals_Cookbook
here's a link for ac rituals.

Defender is +4 total (not counting the +dex bonus)
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=172703

vikhik
07-04-2009, 06:36 AM
Thought about including that, but the armor boost only lasts for 20 seconds.

I didnt think you could boost while in defender stance? and boost has 30s CD so its still quite useful.

What is the +dex bonus anyway?

Absolute-Omniscience
07-04-2009, 06:39 AM
I didnt think you could boost while in defender stance? and boost has 30s CD so its still quite useful.
Hmm, maybe you can't. Haven't tested it out yet as it haven't been released.

+3 shields
+2 heavy armor
+1 medium armor

VKhaun
07-04-2009, 08:17 AM

Your dexterity modifier is added to your AC score in dungeons and dragons online. Heavier armor and tower shields will add a limit to maximum dexterity mod bonus. Certain items, enhancements, and skills will increase that maximum bonus. Again this is a limit on something you have to already have. If your armor allows +4dex bonus, you must open up your character sheet and actually HAVE a +4 or better dexterity modifier to gain that AC increase.

Lighter armors will allow more, but have lower AC bonuses on themselves. Some players run around with ridiculously high dexterity scores wearing robes (no dex mod limitation on robes) and caster style bracers with armor bonus that don't stack with worn armor. Food for thought.

vikhik
07-04-2009, 09:00 AM
Your dexterity modifier is added to your AC score in dungeons and dragons online. Heavier armor and tower shields will add a limit to maximum dexterity mod bonus. Certain items, enhancements, and skills will increase that maximum bonus. Again this is a limit on something you have to already have. If your armor allows +4dex bonus, you must open up your character sheet and actually HAVE a +4 or better dexterity modifier to gain that AC increase.

Lighter armors will allow more, but have lower AC bonuses on themselves. Some players run around with ridiculously high dexterity scores wearing robes (no dex mod limitation on robes) and caster style bracers with armor bonus that don't stack with worn armor. Food for thought.

Heh, I know that, i'm a PnP player, I meant for the Stalwart Defender increase to max dex bonus, like mithral increases max dex by 2 and armor mastery by 3 at its highest (full plate is then +6 max dex before stalwart)

Also I never knew dwarves could increase max dex in heavy, pretty awesome, makes me want to roll a dwarf fighter with massive dex >.>

What's a good stat distribution to be able to fill out that +9 max dex by 20th? start with 14? 15?
I dont have 32, I dont _have_ tomes but would be able to get them (assumedly).

Also keep in note I would like to intimitank..

EDIT: Dwarves can increase _armour_ max dex bonus by +3, but not tower shield, wouldnt it then be best to use a heavy shield instead?

Also, tell me if i'm wrong but isn't your new max dex higher than +9 in full plate no tower shield?
Dwarf +3
Base +1
Mithral +2
Armor Mastery +3
Stalwart Defender +3 (Or is it +1, I'm confused... it doesn't say it stacks like the dwarf enhancement)

Total +12? That requires a massive 34 dex to appreciate fully, how viable is this for a fighter to attain?
(Note, I would also hate to -fully- gimp myself for anything other than tanking)

VKhaun
07-04-2009, 10:03 AM
Also, tell me if i'm wrong but isn't your new max dex higher than +9 in full plate no tower shield?

Maybe? The tower shield provides a higher shield bonus and DR right?. Going down to a heavy to get more armor max dex, doesn't seem to fit. You'll lose/gain about the same AC, but not have the higher DR when blocking and taking glancing blows.

What's your breakdown on stats to have +9dex mod?
That's 28dex. on a dwarf. 18creation+3tome+6item+3shroud=30.
Did you start with at least 16? Or have you even made it yet?

Absolute-Omniscience
07-04-2009, 10:07 AM
That's 28dex. on a dwarf. 18creation+3tome+6item+3shroud=30.

18+4tome+6item=28 (till one gets +4 tome you go with 1 less armor enhancement.)

vikhik
07-04-2009, 12:13 PM
18+4tome+6item=28 (till one gets +4 tome you go with 1 less armor enhancement.)

ouch! 18 on creation, lol i'll have pretty much 12s and 10s on the rest if i do that 0_O, maybe i shouldnt focus on max AC till after i favour to 1750..

Trillea
07-04-2009, 12:17 PM
10 base
16 Dragon touched full plate with armor ritual - you get it with 50 draconic runes after completing Stealer of Souls.
10 +5 mithral tower shield with shield ritual - look on AH or can come from any quest Stormcleave Elite or higher, if you are lucky
9 maximum dex bonus with dwarf, fighter, and stalwart defender bonuses - be a dwarf fighter with stalward defender PrE
2 chaosguard - Xorian Cypher
4 insight - shroud crafted weapon
3 chattering ring - Titan raid
1 dodge feat - pick as feat
5 combat expetise - pick as feat, must have 13 INT
4 natural armor on dt fp - get lucky on rune for dragontouched armor
5 protection - possible on DT armor or find ring or necklace
3 stalwart defender - PrE bonus
4 stalwart defender stance dodge bonus - PrE bonus I think it may actually be insight tho, and then would not stack with shroud-crafted item
76 unbuffed ac

1 ranger barkskin - find a ranger ;)
4 bard song - find a bard ;)
5 paladin - see above :D
1 haste - potions or caster, can make shroud clickies
2 recitation - cleric biff
89 with buffs

Here is where you can find all the loot/buffs.

Aranticus
07-04-2009, 12:42 PM
this build will fit your need. my current AC exceeds 75 raid buffed

upon mod9, its slated to go kensai, but if u load in the defensive feats, it can also work as a defender

DPS Intimitank (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=171420)