PDA

View Full Version : counting up paladin damage

Guder
06-26-2009, 07:07 PM
please chime in if you see that I missed something. I am looking for numbers that relate to Paladin damage against the pit fiend and other evil outsiders. PLEASE, no trolls with 'I don't know anything but I want my post numbers to increase' responses. I appreciate anyone with real numbers to contribute.

+5 Holy Burst Blessed Cold Iron Heavy Pick:
1d6 base damage
+8 from Strength bonus @ 26 strength
+5 from heavy pick
+3 from Divine favor
+8 from Divine Might @ 20 base charisma
=____
24 + 1d6 for basic Pally self buffed
optional addons=
+6 from Bloodstone
+5 from Powerattack feat
+6 from Bardsongs
+2 from Warchanter (+3 at lvl 20?)
=
43 +1d6 basic damage/basic raid buffs

With HOLY SMITE on CRIT - 19-20 + 1 from Exaulted Smite III = 18-20 + Ex Sm IV (+1) = 17-20 crit range
Holy/Exaulted Smite deals extra damage based on Paladin level = 3x Paly Lvl +7

43+1d6 +
55 @ lvl 16 =
98 X Basic Crit Multiplier for Heavy Pick x4 and Exaulted Smite adds +2 = x6 = 588 base damage potential + 6x1d6
so at lvl 20 = +67 + 43 + 1d6x6 = 660+6-36

ADD-Ons Holy = 2d6, Burst = 5d6, paly capstone = 4d6 Knight of Chalice = 4d6 vs Evil = 15d6 = 15-80

So ultimate damage for rolls 17-20 = 660 + 21-116 for Exhaulted Smite on a Crit with HvyPick

Anyone have additional information I may be missing?

Comfortably
06-26-2009, 07:15 PM
I see you counted Heavy pick in there, if you did a deathnip it would be seeker +8 instead.

EDIT: I don't see if ya mention if it's a twf build...

EDIT2: If you were WF it'd be another 3

EDIT3: Divine Sacrifice is another 7d6 points of light dmg every 3 secs at the cost of 5hp and 1 sp.

Guder
06-26-2009, 07:17 PM
using the paladin spell created holy burst heavy pick..it does more damage in the long run vs. evil outsiders due to no damage reduction

Monkey_Archer
06-26-2009, 07:54 PM
Divine favor does not stack with prayer

Guder
06-26-2009, 08:04 PM
Divine favor does not stack with prayer

As I stand in the underground and cast prayer to show a +1 and then Divine Favor to show only an additional +2 I believe you are correct sir...editing numbers

SteeleTrueheart
06-26-2009, 08:08 PM
df and prayer do not stack.

Bloodstone is only added to crits not normal hits.

Base smite damage is = (paladin lvl x 3) + 7

Capstone is only 3d6.

baddax
06-29-2009, 01:41 PM
Doesnt the Burst damage increase as the multiplier increases? Or is this the base multiplier only?

Guder
07-01-2009, 06:50 PM
Doesnt the Burst damage increase as the multiplier increases? Or is this the base multiplier only?

I believe the burst damage stays the same regardless of the weapons multiplier.
What I was adding was only the potential for base damage..ala - total damage modifier x multiplier.

What has become intriguing since first doing these calculations is factoring in the damage numbers vs. the possible critical hit numbers...what I mean is I have found that a X2 multiplier will do more ultimate damage across average swings than a x4 multiplier...and on a Paladin..not just the Barbarian impr crit line.

I am purposely vague as to how this definately happens in an attempt to stir the creative trolls into posting something pestering and also to challenge someone to seriously prove or disprove my claim.

baddax
07-02-2009, 02:58 AM
What I was adding was only the potential for base damage..ala - total damage modifier x multiplier.

What has become intriguing since first doing these calculations is factoring in the damage numbers vs. the possible critical hit numbers...what I mean is I have found that a X2 multiplier will do more ultimate damage across average swings than a x4 multiplier...and on a Paladin..not just the Barbarian impr crit line.

I am purposely vague as to how this definately happens in an attempt to stir the creative trolls into posting something pestering and also to challenge someone to seriously prove or disprove my claim.

Creative trolls? there is no such thing!

Guder
07-02-2009, 06:40 AM
Creative trolls? there is no such thing!

Ehhh, it was worth a shot

SteeleTrueheart
07-02-2009, 09:36 PM

I believe the burst damage does increase based on the new multiplier. I am too busy to look up the dev quote but I am pretty sure. My own limited testing was inconclusive. I will get around to testing more thoroughly, but I was willing to take the dev quote at face value.

Borror0
07-02-2009, 09:48 PM
It does. It's in the Module 7 release notes that I am too lazy to dig up right now.